Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,869

1 members and 2,868 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,114
Threads: 248,560
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, kindred_of_rot

New Green Anaconda

Printable View

• 02-18-2017, 01:07 AM
    cchardwick
    I love it!
  • 02-18-2017, 01:37 AM
    Neal
    Each individual has their own personality. I've dealt with calm greens and temperamental greens. The same goes for yellows.

The yellow I used to have I got from Matt Crews in FL before they banned the whole over state thing. She was a sweetheart.
  • 02-18-2017, 10:28 AM
    EDR
    Re: New Green Anaconda
    Really cool best of luck. For a small collection you got some interesting stuff.
  • 02-18-2017, 11:39 AM
    Ba11er
    definitely keep us updated with pics, if you want to toss in some rattlesnake photoshoots from time to time would be great
  • 04-24-2017, 01:02 PM
    CharlotteCerise
    Re: New Green Anaconda
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ArabianOak View Post
    Awesome! This is really my goal (to own a baby green anaconda) but was told by pretty much anyone and everyone not to get a baby green as my first snake...

What are your thoughts on that?

Whats the best place to pick one up once i'm ready to make that plunge? The baby ball I got now is super easy going. I kinda want something a little more mean...lol.

How fast do they grow compared to the ball python?

I think the advice to not get a green for your first was very good advice. Giants really aren't first snakes. A good idea would be to try a female boa constrictor, they get pretty big (13 ft) and heavy so are good practice for a giant. Or a blood. You said you want something meaner, and most boa constrictors are pretty nice, so maybe a big female blood that hasn't been handled much would be something you're looking for. Whatever you do, try to take getting into giants slowly. They can be dangerous. Not trying to fear monger, just being real. In the mean time look at handling videos and read up on safety. You could also ask around, so many giant keepers are pretty friendly and give advice freely.

Beautiful baby, they look very happy with their setup :)