Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,844

1 members and 2,843 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey

New Addition

Printable View

• 02-22-2021, 11:03 AM
    Hugsplox
    New Addition
    After many months of research, and getting the okay from the wife, I’d like to introduce the newest addition to my collection, and my very first tarantula. Prince Harry, as we’ve chosen to call him, is a curly hair tarantula or Tlitocatl Albipulosus. Still very new to this species and this side of the herp hobby but wanted to share.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...42dae57bd0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 02-22-2021, 03:43 PM
    BlueOrleans1290
    Re: New Addition
    Congrats to your new critter! I hope everything goes well! You'll have to post a picture of it's first molt! Aw how cutee :P
  • 02-22-2021, 03:53 PM
    Bogertophis
    Not much experience with t's but I did keep one native t when I lived in the Calif. desert a while back. For about 6 months, then I re-homed it, as I had literally a house-FULL of snakes (more than enough to do). Love this one's "hair-do". :D
  • 02-22-2021, 04:29 PM
    BeansTheDerp
    he looks so flurfy and cute! but be careful because some tarantulas can kick their hairs at you when angry! I don't know if Prince Harry is the kind that can do that though. congrats on the new animal!
  • 02-22-2021, 06:08 PM
    nikkubus
    Adorable!

I used to keep T's but I decided to give my collection to a buddy when I had a medical injury that caused bad nerve damage in my hand, because I was really worried I wouldn't be able to take care of them with my fine motor movements in my right hand being so poor. I miss them so much and now that my hand is mostly healed 10 years later, I often consider getting some again.

Curly Haired are generally pretty chill, a great choice for a person new to T's. Just stay away from OBT's, they fly and teleport :D
  • 02-22-2021, 06:11 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BeansTheDerp View Post
    he looks so flurfy and cute! but be careful because some tarantulas can kick their hairs at you when angry! I don't know if Prince Harry is the kind that can do that though. congrats on the new animal!

I do a fair amount of shedding myself...wow, imagine if our hair was actually a weapon!? :cool:
  • 02-22-2021, 06:50 PM
    nikkubus
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    I do a fair amount of shedding myself...wow, imagine if our hair was actually a weapon!? :cool:

Oh mine totally is. It's gotten caught in more earrings and whacked people in the eye plenty of times :P
  • 02-22-2021, 06:58 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nikkubus View Post
    Oh mine totally is. It's gotten caught in more earrings and whacked people in the eye plenty of times :P

:rofl: That wasn't quite the way I pictured it- I meant the way tarantulas use theirs to repel threats. Mine is actually more of a threat to me- when my snakes tie it in knots.
  • 02-22-2021, 07:43 PM
    nikkubus
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    :rofl: That wasn't quite the way I pictured it- I meant the way tarantulas use theirs to repel threats. Mine is actually more of a threat to me- when my snakes tie it in knots.

True story! :rofl:
  • 02-22-2021, 08:06 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nikkubus View Post
    True story! :rofl:

I never said I doubted you- & I don't. :D

Anyway, :hijackd: Oops, sorry Hugsplox! Back to :spid0r::spid0r::spid0r: