Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,292

3 members and 3,289 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
  • 11-11-2012, 09:02 PM
    baskingbaby
    Sucess!! (and feeding pics)
    YAY FOR US!!! I feel like a proud mom....Severus ate his 3rd mouse since he's been with me, AND went through his first shed with me! We survived, whew. This snake thing is exhausting...LOL. He's on adult mice right now, and I keep hearing different things about changing him to rats (rat pups?) vs keeping him on the mice for a while longer until he's bigger. Also...this is a really stupid question but where exactly are they "supposed" to bite the rat before they constrict and kill? It seems like he always bites right in the middle..I don't know if that matters whatsoever, just a question lol.

Here are 2 crappy cell phone pics of him eating today. So proud :gj: LOL

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...aps/mouse2.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...paps/mouse.jpg
  • 11-11-2012, 09:06 PM
    carlson
    Nice looking boy you have there, and congrats on the successes :) my ball will strike mid body or right on the face nose and head in mouth. Don't think it matters just gotta make sure the food doesn't bite the snake, that happened to me when mine was smaller she hit it in the butt and the mouse bite her in the side decent bite on a lil baby snake but she learned her lesson from it.
  • 11-11-2012, 09:20 PM
    SlitherinSisters
    Congrats!
  • 11-11-2012, 11:46 PM
    BHReptiles
    Re: Sucess!! (and feeding pics)
    It doesn't really matter where they strike as long as they constrict and kill their prey without putting themselves in harms way (if you're feeding live). As for switching to rats, I'd go ahead and offer a rat pup. It's easier to switch them when they are young and it's better for them and cheaper for you in the long run. beautiful bumblebee, by the way!