Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,189

1 members and 3,188 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,136
Threads: 248,576
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RelentlessPanda

Retic cage thoughts

Printable View

• 09-28-2018, 11:04 PM
    Dianne
    Re: Retic cage thoughts
    Awesome cage...glad the assembly is going well. Your girl should love it. I definitely think a toast is in order! :D
  • 09-29-2018, 01:23 AM
    Dxw425
    Thats awesome!!
  • 09-29-2018, 01:53 AM
    Sauzo
    Jesus, that thing is huge.
  • 09-29-2018, 02:30 AM
    jmcrook
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Jesus, that thing is huge.

Huge doesn’t describe it dude. Behemoth, monstrous, gargantuan... my buddy that’s hanging out while I sealed them commented that it is of zoological scale considering Phyllis’s size haha! Just finished everything for tonight. He forgot to send the brackets for the shelves so I may wait to totally finish the build. I’ll update or maybe start a different thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 09-29-2018, 03:24 AM
    jmcrook
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    First half assembled... [emoji15]
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a5d5840b0f.jpg

I just realized that you can’t see my feet in this picture. The cage is on my 18” tall coffee table so it looks way taller her haha! Still epic in scale though

• 09-29-2018, 12:11 PM
    Gio
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    Main assembly done. On to light and panel installation and lexel sealing
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...3da2cc9b7c.jpg
    I’m going to be very sweaty and maybe a tad inebriated by the end of the night lol

OH yeah!!

I officially have "Cage Envy" LOL!

Good humor with the pictures as well!

College football and a little JM post make for a good Saturday!
  • 09-29-2018, 01:17 PM
    67temp
    That thing huge! Hope she enjoys her new home.
  • 09-29-2018, 03:02 PM
    jmcrook
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...879d4786cf.jpg
    Here it is on my MacGuyver style furniture dolly cart. Waiting to finish lids until the shelf braces get here. Need to find a good pole/pipe/something for an 8’ perch. Might just do pvc pipe and paint it because I can’t find 8’ black pvc pipe locally or for a reasonable price.

• 09-29-2018, 03:55 PM
    CALM Pythons
    I love it. Is that 24Hx32D or Vice Versa?
    As far as PVC. Remember I did mine with a Support in the middle so it helps them not to sag with the anakea weight. I ran it at 12” high on my 24”H enclosures from Side to side and dead center used a PVC “T” and ran a Pipe to the Floor with a end cap. I bought Shower Curtain Rod Holders at LOWES for each end. One is the shape of a Horse Shoe. I then bought the Caps for the ends of the PVC pipes and for double strength put Bolts through each side of the enclosure into the caps that are at each end of the PVC pipes that are also resting on the shower curtain rod holders. (Hope that makes sense hahahaha). As you know my Girls climb constantly and it works great. Im thinking of making one for the 8’ AP enclosure when I order that after Giacomo is at least a year or so.. ohhh and I used Textured Spray paint (Brown) on the PVC then I clear coated it good with a brush so i can wipe it down.
    Thanks for posting the pics. It gives me a good idea of the size I’m interested in. [emoji1360][emoji1362] Cant wait for pics when she gets to see it [emoji216]

• 09-29-2018, 04:38 PM
    jmcrook
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CALM Pythons View Post
    I love it. Is that 24Hx32D or Vice Versa?
    As far as PVC. Remember I did mine with a Support in the middle so it helps them not to sag with the anakea weight. I ran it at 12” high on my 24”H enclosures from Side to side and dead center used a PVC “T” and ran a Pipe to the Floor with a end cap. I bought Shower Curtain Rod Holders at LOWES for each end. One is the shape of a Horse Shoe. I then bought the Caps for the ends of the PVC pipes and for double strength put Bolts through each side of the enclosure into the caps that are at each end of the PVC pipes that are also resting on the shower curtain rod holders. (Hope that makes sense hahahaha). As you know my Girls climb constantly and it works great. Im thinking of making one for the 8’ AP enclosure when I order that after Giacomo is at least a year or so.. ohhh and I used Textured Spray paint (Brown) on the PVC then I clear coated it good with a brush so i can wipe it down.
    Thanks for posting the pics. It gives me a good idea of the size I’m interested in. [emoji1360][emoji1362] Cant wait for pics when she gets to see it [emoji216]

It’s 32”deep and 24”tall.
    I’ve got some really nice 3D printed perch holders with a notch to keep the pipe from spinning. Not a bad idea with the center support. Only concern with that is that Phyllis could very well knock the support sideways and subsequently sag the pipe. We’ll see though. A 2” diameter schedule 40 pvc pipe at 8’ should easily hold 30lbs but I’ll do some “stress tests” at Lowe’s before committing to it hah!
    Can’t wait for Phyllis’s vet vacation to get her fixed up and then surprise her with this freakin condo once she’s home in a few weeks