Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,434

1 members and 1,433 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,580
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
  • 01-21-2007, 06:34 PM
    steveo
    leopard gecko pre-feeding behaviour
    My adult breeding quartet of leos have always known exactly when its feeding time , as soon as i open the locust tank lid all four of them comes out of hiding and are waiting side by side near the glass door eager to get there meals , my other 2 leos in the other tank never do this....just the four breeders. has anyone else here who has leopard geckos noticed this behaviour i find it fasinating :cool:
  • 02-17-2007, 01:21 AM
    snakedude56
    Re: leopard gecko pre-feeding behaviour
    I know mine is hungry when he leaves his humid hide and goes to his coconut and stares at me.
  • 02-17-2007, 01:47 AM
    mlededee
    ha, well i keep a dish of mealworms in my leos tanks pretty much all the time so there isn't really a scheduled feeding time. one of my females will come out and try to climb the corner of tank sometimes if i am in the room though--i just see white belly and two front legs going... sometimes a few crickets distracts her from her climbing attempts. :)
  • 02-17-2007, 03:16 PM
    Pork Chops N' Corn Bread
    I keep food in my leos tub all the time so nothing really to notice. I do notice when I take the meal worms out to refresh them, they peek out of the hides to see whats going on. Its pretty cute to see
  • 02-17-2007, 07:14 PM
    steveo
    I used to keep a bowl of mealies in with em but for the last 2 years they wont look at em...they dont even like crickets anymore , all they will eat on a regular basis is medium hoppers (locusts) and phoenix worms they love waxies but i only buy a tub of them once every couple months of so , as a few people i know has had there leos get addicted to them and have had a hell of a time getting them to eat something else so i tend to get wax worms as a treat once in a blue moon.
    I also give them a pinkie mouse each every now and then as a treat and i up pinkies a little when there breeding, but yeah its such a funny sight seeing them lined up in a row side by side waiting for the grub lol :D
  • 02-17-2007, 09:16 PM
    mlededee
    phoenix worms are much healthier than mealworms and crickets anyhow, so it's a good thing that's what they like!
  • 02-18-2007, 05:14 PM
    steveo
    yup phoenix worms are cool im glad they like em too :D
  • 02-20-2007, 01:16 AM
    djansen
    my leopards tail would shake really fast right before he would pounce on a cricket, i found this cool.
  • 02-20-2007, 06:59 AM
    steveo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by djansen
    my leopards tail would shake really fast right before he would pounce on a cricket, i found this cool.

All of mine used to do shake there tails prior to pouncing on there food , now out of the six leos i have only one still shakes the tail before feeding..they still jump on them real quick but dont do the shaky thing anymore , i used to love watching them do that :(