Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,465

3 members and 3,462 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Ambient temp

Printable View

• 12-02-2019, 05:45 PM
    Sophieg
    Re: Ambient temp
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wnateg View Post
    Is it tipped over? Might be he's soaking in it, and then dragging the water out.

No, it's too heavy for him to tip over :) I do see him slithering through it occasionally to be fair! Theres just quite a bit of condensation on the lid.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk
  • 12-02-2019, 06:07 PM
    wnateg
    Then yea, probably need to drill more holes, especially if condensation is building up. Do you have a hygrometer in there? What's it say?
  • 12-02-2019, 06:08 PM
    Sophieg
    Quote:

Then yea, probably need to drill more holes, especially if condensation is building up. Do you have a hygrometer in there? What's it say?

I need to order a new 1 cuz I'm pretty sure the digital 1 that I have is broken

• 12-02-2019, 06:10 PM
    wnateg
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sophieg View Post
    I need to order a new 1 cuz I'm pretty sure the digital 1 that I have is broken

This one works pretty good for me https://www.amazon.com/Habor-Thermom.../dp/B07C5NR1XX
  • 12-02-2019, 06:16 PM
    Sophieg
    Quote:

Oh thanks! I'm in the UK though, so would probably be easier to buy 1 from here :) I've had a few ppl recommend some :)

• 12-13-2019, 07:51 PM
    Sophieg
    So hes still not eating, not interested at all.. I'm rlly stuck here, idk what I'm doing wrong? I've tried scenting with tuna, still nothing.. Messaged the breeder, she doesnt know [emoji21]

• 12-13-2019, 07:57 PM
    Spicey
    Maybe scent with a live toad? You didn't say whether it's an eastern or western, but both eat toads. With easterns it's their preferred food.
  • 12-13-2019, 07:59 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicey View Post
    Maybe scent with a live toad? You didn't say whether it's an eastern or western, but both eat toads. With easterns it's their preferred food.

They do but I would not recommend it, toads can carry crypto and crypto has no cure and with the recent epidemic of crypto with hognose that is not something I would recommend to anyone.
  • 12-13-2019, 08:01 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sophieg View Post
    So hes still not eating, not interested at all.. I'm rlly stuck here, idk what I'm doing wrong? I've tried scenting with tuna, still nothing.. Messaged the breeder, she doesnt know [emoji21]

Try the other scent and do so at a week interval, if after that he does not eat, brumate him for 2 to 4 weeks at 15 degrees celsius or 60 Fahrenheit
  • 12-13-2019, 08:10 PM
    Sophieg
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewart_Reptiles View Post
    Try the other scent and do so at a week interval, if after that he does not eat, brumate him for 2 to 4 weeks at 15 degrees celsius or 60 Fahrenheit

Can he go that long without eating considering he hasn't eaten since October?