Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,206

0 members and 3,206 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Greetings from NY!

Printable View

• 04-09-2020, 04:20 PM
    Tourmaline
    Greetings from NY!
    Hello everyone, I am new to the python keeping world, and I just joined the forum yesterday. I've been doing a ton of research on Ball Pythons the last few months, and I finally made the leap to get myself one a few days ago. He arrived in the mail safe and sound yesterday.

I'm very excited to dive into Ball Pythons. I have multiple Bearded Dragons ranging from a few months old to 3 years old, so I do have some experience with reptiles, however I've just gotten into snakes in general over the last few months. I also have a young Motley Corn Snake that's been doing really well.

I look forward to seeing you all around, and I'm hoping to learn from experienced snake keepers being here. I've attached a picture of my guy from when I unboxed him, he's a blue eyed leucistic Ball Python. :)

https://i977.photobucket.com/albums/...psbh9qjbky.jpg
  • 04-09-2020, 04:31 PM
    Bogertophis
    :welcome: We're glad to have you join us... pretty little Beep, does he have a name yet? Any questions, just ask. :snake:
  • 04-09-2020, 05:13 PM
    Tourmaline
    He doesn't have a name yet, I've been trying to let a name come to me since I ordered him. I'm open to any suggestions!
  • 04-09-2020, 05:44 PM
    vivi
    Gorgeous little guy! He looks like a Jay or Ghostface to me,its up to you though.:gj: Let us know what you decide to name him and welcome to the forum.
  • 04-09-2020, 06:11 PM
    Bodie
    Re: Greetings from NY!
    :welcome: Nice looking noodle
  • 04-09-2020, 07:27 PM
    cletus
    Welcome to the forum!!
  • 04-09-2020, 08:52 PM
    Bogertophis
    Re: Greetings from NY!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tourmaline View Post
    He doesn't have a name yet, I've been trying to let a name come to me since I ordered him. I'm open to any suggestions!

Not to worry...I usually wait until something "clicks"...I see a trait or quirk that suggests a name, etc. Sometimes I go thru a name dictionary too & a name will 'jump out' at me.
  • 04-09-2020, 09:15 PM
    Tourmaline
    I'm actually very excited. I thawed out a mouse for my corn snake but he didn't want it, so I figured I'd try this guy out.. He wouldn't take it from the tongs, but he seemed very interested, so I left the mouse in front of him. He took a few nibbles, and then oriented himself right and ate it. I'm hoping he'll be an easy feeder if he's eating on the second day home. I didn't expect him to take it at all, I'm very happy. :D

I'm thinking about naming him Leviathan, or maybe Osiris? Hawke? I'm still kind of brainstorming.
  • 04-15-2020, 02:56 AM
    Seanwesmil
    I suggest Storm.
  • 04-24-2020, 04:25 PM
    myaaronk
    That is so cool!!!