Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,106

2 members and 1,104 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,108
Threads: 248,549
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, charcharbinks

I need some help!!!!!!

Printable View

• 10-16-2019, 08:21 PM
    Kaasmom
    I need some help!!!!!!
    I fed my ball python a medium rat same thing I always feed her but her mouth looks like there's something wrong please help I'm not sure how to add a picture or I would
  • 10-16-2019, 08:34 PM
    Toad37
    Re: I need some help!!!!!!
    You can download the taptalk app and post it from there. It's a free app. We won't be much help without seeing what's goin on.
  • 10-16-2019, 08:51 PM
    Bodie
  • 10-16-2019, 08:55 PM
    Bogertophis
    Just guessing without seeing, but because snake's jaws are so flexible, sometimes snakes get their own teeth caught on their own mouth (inwardly) & if they
    cannot yawn their way out of it, you can sometimes use something like a tongue depressor or a pen (retracted) to help them un-hook & unfold their stuck teeth.

Is this by chance what you're seeing? Yours isn't the first...it happens & usually not serious, but they can sure use our help when their teeth catch this way.
  • 10-17-2019, 12:27 AM
    Danger noodles
    If u can’t upload a pic then explain what’s going on a little better so we can help. But since u haven’t followed up in a few hours I’m hoping it’s all good now
  • 10-17-2019, 11:08 AM
    Zincubus
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaasmom View Post
    I fed my ball python a medium rat same thing I always feed her but her mouth looks like there's something wrong please help I'm not sure how to add a picture or I would

They sometimes dislocate their jaws to swallow food and it can take a short while to reset itself and go back to normal .. fear not :)

You can download and use the free app TapaTalk to upload photos ( instantly)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • 10-17-2019, 11:13 AM
    Craiga 01453
    My guess would be either Bogertophis is right or Zincubus is right. Both scenarios are somewhat common and usually an easy fix.

But without pics that's just a guess...