Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,124

5 members and 3,119 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,569
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai
  • 10-20-2019, 08:31 PM
    Kodayin
    Won’t eat the rat he mis striked... I guess help?
    I went to feed Mowgli his rat, since he was hungry. He striked eagerly but missed and got a mouthful of dirt. Even after getting the dirt out, he won’t strike again.
    He put the rat into a death hug, and that was it. Mouth closed, just a death hug after an hour of trying to interest him again.
    Will he eventually eat it if I just leave him to hug it? (He’s still death hugging it)
  • 10-20-2019, 08:47 PM
    Toad37
    Re: Won’t eat the rat he mis striked... I guess help?
    Leave it with him overnight and check on him in the morning. In between then and now leave him alone and the lights low
  • 10-21-2019, 03:46 AM
    Zincubus
    Won’t eat the rat he mis striked... I guess help?
    Only just seen this so too late BUT whenever mine had them in a grip then seemingly went to sleep I just got the tongs and started tugging on the mouse/rat and that immediately kickstarted them to start eating again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • 10-22-2019, 12:00 AM
    Bogertophis
    Re: Won’t eat the rat he mis striked... I guess help?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Only just seen this so too late BUT whenever mine had them in a grip then seemingly went to sleep I just got the tongs and started tugging on the mouse/rat and that immediately kickstarted them to start eating again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's exactly what I do too, & it usually works beautifully. :gj: A little tug on the rodent's tail or whatever you can reach with your tongs.

If you just leave them alone & turn out the lights for the night, many OTHER kinds of snakes would go ahead & eat, but BPs often lose interest once it cools off after all
    that time...seen it happen, silly sneks! So a little tug on the rodent should speed up consuming the rodent while it's still warm enough for them to recognize as dinner.