Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,216

0 members and 1,216 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,578
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux

Thoughts on Banana prices

Printable View

• 05-02-2012, 08:55 PM
    BallsUnlimited
    i think the prices are more than fair. I will be getting into the banna game this year. I would love a male but thats out of my price range right now. Ive seen females go for as low as 10k but most are between 15-20.
  • 05-05-2012, 12:29 PM
    Anatopism
    Re: Thoughts on Banana prices
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Inarikins View Post
    I think 15-20K-ish is still normal for females and males are 40K+. They're just now figuring exactly how the genetics work on these guys because they produce different genders so strangely.

Kevin McCurley talked about it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkVEgGqWnmc&feature=plcp

(It says Coral Glow but Bananas and Coral Glows are basically the exact same morph and might be)

I had no idea this Morph was possibly sex linked until this thread. Found this article too: http://www.russreptiles.com/resourcegenetics5.htm. no idea how accurate it is as I don't breed the Morph, but it seems to make sense and is described very clearly :)
  • 05-05-2012, 01:08 PM
    OhhWatALoser
    Re: Thoughts on Banana prices
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Anatopism View Post
    I had no idea this Morph was possibly sex linked until this thread. Found this article too: http://www.russreptiles.com/resourcegenetics5.htm. no idea how accurate it is as I don't breed the Morph, but it seems to make sense and is described very clearly :)

it is sexed linked sorta... and with a twist. Female bananas produce as expected from any normal gene 25% male banana 25% female banana 25% male non-banana 25% female non-banana

99% of the time males from them will produce 50% female bananas/50% male non-banana. they call these F1 males.

the 1% time the F1 makes a male banana, these are called F2 males

99% of the time F2's will produce 50% male banana/50% female non-banana.

the males produced from them are called F3 and this breeding season should shed some light on what they do.
  • 05-05-2012, 02:54 PM
    AGoldReptiles
    Quote:

Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    it is sexed linked sorta... and with a twist. Female bananas produce as expected from any normal gene 25% male banana 25% female banana 25% male non-banana 25% female non-banana

99% of the time males from them will produce 50% female bananas/50% male non-banana. they call these F1 males.

the 1% time the F1 makes a male banana, these are called F2 males

99% of the time F2's will produce 50% male banana/50% female non-banana.

the males produced from them are called F3 and this breeding season should shed some light on what they do.

This is almost correct, except that the term is Gen 1 and Gen 2. Not F1 and F2.
  • 05-05-2012, 03:01 PM
    Royal Hijinx
    I am pretty sure have seen the F designator used more than Gen with referring to the Bananas.
  • 05-05-2012, 03:11 PM
    AGoldReptiles
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx667 View Post
    I am pretty sure have seen the F designator used more than Gen with referring to the Bananas.

That doesn't make it correct :) They are not F2 so why call them that?
  • 05-05-2012, 03:24 PM
    MarkS
    The prices are currently ridiculous and will stay ridiculous for a while yet. Then the price will drop like a ton of bricks very quickly and there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth. Soon after that we'll all be able to afford them.
  • 05-05-2012, 03:24 PM
    Royal Hijinx
    I did not say it was correct, I just said that seems to be the term used.