Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,564

3 members and 2,561 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey

Tank cleaning day...

Printable View

• 03-30-2018, 02:03 PM
    Craiga 01453
    Tank cleaning day...
    I still love all my fish, but man have I grown to hate tank cleaning day. Snakes are sooooooo much easier!!

...end rant.
  • 03-30-2018, 02:12 PM
    cchardwick
    I know what you mean! What kind of a fish tank do you have? Is it fresh water or salt water? I have a 14 gallon nano reef, man that thing is a pain. But I really love this tank, it's much less work and less money to maintain. It's a 125 gallon Oceanic with African Cichlids. I think I have about 60 fish in there now LOL. Occasionally I'll get some that die and always have babies born and a few grow up to repopulate the tank. It's been going for about 20 years now.

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...m/Fishtank.jpg
  • 03-30-2018, 02:18 PM
    Phillydubs
    Re: Tank cleaning day...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    I still love all my fish, but man have I grown to hate tank cleaning day. Snakes are sooooooo much easier!!

...end rant.

What at do you keep?? Funny you post this because I was thinking the other day man I miss my discus and angels but I do not miss that twice sometime thrice weekly changing routine!!!

in a way it was cathartic to zone and go but it was a chore!!
  • 03-30-2018, 02:23 PM
    Phillydubs
    That’s a stunning tank there Mr hardwick!!

I had lake Malawi peacocks and haps for a while. Hardy fish but nasty to one another at times and act like a mib family I tell ya. The mbuna you have are even fiestier. If they want to off someone they do and it ain’t pretty. But they sure do breed like mad. It’s fun seeing the babies hide in the rocks and scavenge for food until they grow and grow.

Here is my last tank before my life went flip turned upside down so I’d like to take a minute just sit right there I’ll tell you how I became the... oh wait wrong forum that’s 90s TV LOL

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4f86a0430d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 03-30-2018, 02:32 PM
    AbsoluteApril
    Quote:

...end rant.

Agreed!
    Sometimes I miss the fish but I don't miss doing big water changes, not one bit.

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/pXTdePp.jpg
    this was a 240 gallon, an ex and I kept and bred a small variety of South American Cichlids, this was early 2000s
  • 03-30-2018, 03:05 PM
    Craiga 01453
    Nice tanks guys!! Thanks for sharing.

I have 2 freshwater tanks, one 75 gallon and one 55 gallon. Both with Oscars. Ive primarily kept cichlids through the years, and always loved Oscars.

Through the years I've also had Jack Dempseys, green terrors, pictus cats, a Texas cichlid, a venustus cichlid, a tiretrack eel, pirahna, a freshwater stingray, silver dollars, bala sharks and my all time favorite, a snakehead.
  • 03-30-2018, 03:09 PM
    vikingr
    Yeah it sucks, I did it for SO many years but gave it up because the maintenance, had a lot of set-ups inc. 55g & 110g salt-water with large groupers, tangs, triggers, eel, lion fish... think I enjoyed keeping XL Cichlids more: red devil, texas, managuense, dempsey... Oscars and green terrors too (might do those again someday, and hire a service)
  • 03-30-2018, 03:14 PM
    vikingr
    Quote:

Through the years I've also had Jack Dempseys, green terrors, pictus cats, a Texas cichlid, a venustus cichlid, a tiretrack eel, pirahna, a freshwater stingray, silver dollars, bala sharks and my all time favorite, a snakehead.

I bought a redline snakehead once and misjudged its size, my Oscar ate it. Typically snakeheads will outlast all
  • 03-30-2018, 03:15 PM
    Craiga 01453
    Quote:

Originally Posted by vikingr View Post
    Yeah it sucks, I did it for SO many years but gave it up because the maintenance, had a lot of set-ups inc. 55g & 110g salt-water with large groupers, tangs, triggers, eel, lion fish... think I enjoyed keeping XL Cichlids more: red devil, texas, managuense, dempsey... Oscars and green terrors too (might do those again someday, and hire a service)

I wanted to set up a saltwater tank a LONG time ago, but never ended up doing it. A roommate had a 125 with a few triggers, a lion, a porcupine puffer and an eel (spiny maybe?) and I decided it was too much work, hahaha.
  • 03-30-2018, 03:17 PM
    Craiga 01453
    Quote:

Originally Posted by vikingr View Post
    I bought a redline snakehead once and misjudged its size, my Oscar ate it. Typically snakeheads will outlast all

Yeah, I inherited this thing from a friend, he was a vicious son of a gun, but awesome. He was with an Oscar and a Dempsey for about 4 years until I decided to rehome them. :tears: