Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,194

1 members and 3,193 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97

Sleeping with burms

Printable View

• 08-24-2007, 02:09 PM
    Phanpy
    Sleeping with burms
    So the other day while I was talking to my dad, he told me quite the interesting story of when he had a burm.

When he was 13 a friend of his didn't want his snake anymore and gave it to him for free, it was a 6ft burm. My dad was very poor growing up adn jumped on the chance to get a free snake, unfortunatly he didn't have enough money to take care of it properly.

It was winter, adn he didn't have a good heat lamp to keep the snake warm, so he slept with it in his bed! In order to share body heat with the snake.

This went on for 2 weeks until he accidently left it in the bed when he went to school, and my grandma found 'the monster' he had been hiding.

It got a better home shortly after that.

My dad is crazy. I'm amazed the snake stayed with him in the bed and neither of them got hurt. Not the best husbandry, but some decent dedication.
  • 08-28-2007, 07:33 PM
    MATT FISHER REPTILES
    Re: Sleeping with burms
    not that suprising if it was relly cold in the house and that was the warmest place in the house.
  • 08-28-2007, 07:55 PM
    Jonny2184
    WOW...lol...id be scared :bolt:
  • 08-28-2007, 09:41 PM
    _BoidFinatic_
    Not much harm a burmese python of that size could do, but definately an ackward situation. Your father must have been very dedicated to his pet snake ;) .
  • 08-29-2007, 12:25 AM
    shhhli
    i must say, that was probably the most comfortable sleeping arangement! a nice comfy bed, squishy human, full body length heat.

can you imagine going from a cage to a bed back to a cage? lol
  • 08-29-2007, 07:05 PM
    Tripppysmurf
    and just think! If the snake got hungry he would have a snack RIGHT there :D
  • 09-09-2007, 10:44 PM
    yfz450racer74
    not suprising it stayed all night in bed with ur dad. my 8 foot columbian red tail boa has gotten out of her cage a few times (before i built her a new one)and two of the times the next moring when i woke up she was in my bed soaking up the heat. kinda glad i dont toss and turn in the night when i sleep or im sure id of gotten bit cuz she can have an attitude sometimes.
  • 09-09-2007, 10:59 PM
    bigballs
    i sleep with a burm every night if you know what i mean...;)
  • 09-10-2007, 12:31 AM
    AjBalls
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bigballs
    i sleep with a burm every night if you know what i mean...;)

Lame..... :colbert:
  • 09-10-2007, 01:48 AM
    Pythons Rock
    It may not be the best husbandry in the world but it is true dedication! Props!