Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,309

2 members and 3,307 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
  • 08-04-2011, 09:06 PM
    fr3nchvanilla
    I really hope that people realize what kind of negative impact this bill could have, if it were to be passed. I completely agree with decensored. Not-to-mention that it would just increase the black market for exotic/"dangerous" pets. If people want something, they will find a way to get it! I would feel safer knowing who sells what sorts of exotic animals and a basic knowledge of who is adopting them, then to have it run underground. Which could definitely to lead to many, many more undesirable outcomes. IMO
  • 08-06-2011, 12:39 AM
    CatandDiallo
    :weirdface
  • 08-09-2013, 06:17 PM
    decensored
    I think it may be time to re-open this thread...
  • 08-13-2013, 12:32 PM
    jason_ladouceur
    Re: Worried about your rights?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by decensored View Post
    I think it may be time to re-open this thread...

Agreed. Although there is no officially pending legislation at the moment. In light of recent tragic events the political atmosphere surrounding the keeping of exotics in ontario and Canada wide demands attention from every Canadian keeper. Grant Crossman and a few others are working as we speak to put together an organization or comity to represent and help lobby for the rights of Canadian and American keepers. I'm not clear on the details yet, but as they come available I will without a doubt post them here.
  • 08-26-2013, 09:59 AM
    jason_ladouceur
    Re: Worried about your rights?
    At least someone is attempting to get something out together before October when the government resumes session. I would suggest any members here read and sign this if we get 100000 signatures the government must read it.
    http://www.change.org/en-CA/petition...gerous-animals