Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,161

0 members and 3,161 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
  • 10-21-2019, 03:16 PM
    bmwood
    Re: Name for my boy !! Green Anaconda
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MasonC2K View Post
    If you want to go a bit exotic, Midori is Japanese for green. Which is the base for the name Midoriya, the main character of My Hero Academia.

Crap now I'm undecided again xD

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
  • 10-21-2019, 03:23 PM
    Bogertophis
    I vote for Midori...at least so far. I like exotic names for exotic pets. ;)
  • 10-21-2019, 03:27 PM
    bmwood
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    I vote for Midori...at least so far. I like exotic names for exotic pets. ;)

I have 2 weeks to make a decision, so im excited to hear what others suggest !
  • 10-21-2019, 03:31 PM
    Bogertophis
    You might look up the words in other languages for "green", for example. There may be others besides Midori that have a good sound to them.

Don't know why you only have 2 weeks to decide on a name though...hate to tell you this, but he's never gonna come when you call him. :D Unless you got munchies.
  • 10-21-2019, 03:32 PM
    bmwood
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    You might look up the words in other languages for "green", for example. There may be others besides Midori that have a good sound to them.

Don't know why you only have 2 weeks to decide on a name though...hate to tell you this, but he's never gonna come when you call him. :D Unless you got munchies.

Haha, I need to know how to label his enclosure xD, all my pets who I dont breed get labeled with their names instead of the morphs haha.

• 10-23-2019, 04:56 AM
    mechliam
    That is a lovely looking snake. Green Anacondas are amazing snakes.

Fair play to you for making a plan to take on 4 large species and not jumping straight in. It can be tempting. I'm sure you are itching to get him now.
  • 10-23-2019, 09:17 AM
    bmwood
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mechliam View Post
    That is a lovely looking snake. Green Anacondas are amazing snakes.

Fair play to you for making a plan to take on 4 large species and not jumping straight in. It can be tempting. I'm sure you are itching to get him now.

Omg I keep watching youtube videos about anacondas that I've seen a hundred times, I love getting a new reptile in but this one has a certain excitement I feel I cant quite explain !!!

• 10-26-2019, 11:20 PM
    ChangshaNotes
    绿 is the character for green in Chinese. It's written as lv in pinyin on a keyboard or Lu (with an umlaut over the u) and pronounced Lou.

I think Lou is a great name for a green anaconda.
  • 10-26-2019, 11:27 PM
    bmwood
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ChangshaNotes View Post
    绿 is the character for green in Chinese. It's written as lv in pinyin on a keyboard or Lu (with an umlaut over the u) and pronounced Lou.

I think Lou is a great name for a green anaconda.

Gotta run this one by the wife, I like it !!

• 10-27-2019, 10:38 AM
    303_enfield
    Go John Wayne, name him Snake.