Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,228

0 members and 3,228 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97

My Ball Python Pics(Yayo)

Printable View

• 03-29-2006, 01:53 AM
    buster954
    My Ball Python Pics(Yayo)
    I just put in new floor in his tank and switched from some brown/redish color to a white one and he shows up so much better on it. I also got a new hiding place(just a basket upside down and I cut out a doorway for him to go in and out)

Let me know what you think.. any ideas of something else to add to the setup to make it look better or what you think of my snake"Yayo"

Here is just a shot of the whole tank

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...side/yayo1.jpg

Yayo just hanging out on his tree

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...side/yayo2.jpg

Different Angle shot of yayo

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...side/yayo3.jpg
  • 03-29-2006, 02:05 AM
    JLC
    Re: My Ball Python Pics(Yayo)
    Pretty nice lookin' fella you got there! And a nice setup as well...just need to tweak a bit more...

They really need two hides (minimum). One on the cool side of the tank, and one on the warm side. That way, they don't have to choose between the security of their hide and the need to thermoregulate their body temps.

Some tips on hides: They like things small and snug...so that they can curl up inside and still feel the walls and ceiling "hugging" them. (In the wild, they live in rodent burrows and termite mounds...very tight spaces.) Also, it is best to make both the hides you offer identical...or you can still end up with them trying to choose a favorite hide over proper temps.

And one more quick little thing I need to say....can you please re-size your pictures? They are far too big for the forum width. Thanks!
  • 03-29-2006, 02:05 AM
    jknudson
    Very nice looking snake. I love the alien heads in the first shot, four in a row, then a smile. LOL

Thanks for sharing!

Jason
  • 03-29-2006, 07:04 AM
    tosha
    whoa i have the same branch in my tank with my snake
    crazy
    nice setup though
  • 03-29-2006, 07:24 AM
    SnakeySnakeSnake
    i have the same bowl! :P

4 alien heads, a smile, and then a fat alien head!
  • 03-29-2006, 09:48 AM
    rabernet
    Very nice looking snake (once those HUGE pictures loaded ;) )

Can you resize them to make them more "user friendly"? :)
  • 03-29-2006, 11:54 AM
    tigerlily
    Once you have the heating and RI under control, then you might want to think of altering your caging just a bit. You want two hides. The one you have is nice, but is way too big. You want something dark and tight, and small enough that you look at it and have to think can it really fit in there? You don't want any extra room. Get two that are exactly the same. Put one on each end of the tank. :gj:

The bedding looks fine, and so does the water bowl. Don't worry if things look cramped, they love it. :D
  • 03-29-2006, 02:07 PM
    buster954
    I understand and been reading about the 2 hides, warm side and cool side, and that but I never knew before so I will have to make adjustments. And yes I will resize the pics in a little bit I just have to ask my friend how to do that first.

What does everyone mean about these alien heads? I dont see that anywhere..lol
  • 03-29-2006, 02:29 PM
    buster954
    I resized the pics to a smaller size and they have the same location as before, but it will not let me edit my first post in this thread.. maybe a moderator has to do it?
  • 03-29-2006, 02:32 PM
    cassandra
    Quote:

Originally Posted by buster954
    What does everyone mean about these alien heads? I dont see that anywhere..lol

Alien heads refer to the side markings on many ball pythons, when the lighter colored area has two dark spots - it looks like an alien head.