Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,245

0 members and 3,245 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
  • 06-05-2020, 05:20 PM
    EL-Ziggy
    Re: Phantom: Super Ghost BCI Progression Thread
    I feed my boas small rats biweekly. I plan to space out their feeding intervals to every 3 weeks once they're on mediums.
  • 06-05-2020, 05:46 PM
    dakski
    Looking good Phantom!

I think every 2 weeks is okay with small rats, and then bumping to 3 weeks with mediums, as EL-Ziggy said. However, a longer duration, such as 3 weeks on small, will not be detrimental and will just slow growth a little, as Rich alluded too.

It's really up to you.
  • 06-05-2020, 06:54 PM
    ckuhn003
    Quote:

Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
    I feed my boas small rats biweekly. I plan to space out their feeding intervals to every 3 weeks once they're on mediums.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    Looking good Phantom!

I think every 2 weeks is okay with small rats, and then bumping to 3 weeks with mediums, as EL-Ziggy said. However, a longer duration, such as 3 weeks on small, will not be detrimental and will just slow growth a little, as Rich alluded too.

It's really up to you.

Thank's fellas for the advice. I'll stay on 2 week feeding intervals unless it seems like I need to space it out a little more.
  • 08-02-2020, 09:14 PM
    ckuhn003
    El Ziggy was nice enough to stop by the house bearing some gifts (some f/t baby chicks) so I offered one to my Boa (his 1st) and he snatched it up in a half a second. He’s still figuring out how to get it down but I have faith that he’ll figure it out.

The other gift from Ziggy was some snake mojo! My BP hadn’t eaten for 70plus days and on top of that, hadn’t struck his prey in probably two years. Well, I ordered some new feeders and something triggered in his head and he went wild and took one on the 3rd heat up of the hair dryer. He was even acting hungry tonight when I fed the Boa!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...e0df86fb21.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 08-02-2020, 11:04 PM
    EL-Ziggy
    It was great to hang with you brother! Thanks for the warm welcome. That's good news about the BP. Like I always say, "They ALL eat eventually!" Hopefully he's on the right track now. I hope the boa figured out how to get the chick down the hatch. 🙂
  • 08-02-2020, 11:48 PM
    CloudtheBoa
    Phantom is looking gorgeous! I definitely had a similar experience getting my first boa after having my bp. Really helped spark my obsession.

I also typically stick to 2 weeks on smalls for growing snakes, but I don't worry too much if I go the third week. My adult who eats smalls, I try to stay more at the 3 week mark vs 2 weeks as he needs less food than a growing snake.

As far as the fasting bp, gotta love it. That was a frustrating time with my bp. There was a 3-4 year period I could almost count on both hands how many times he ate. All the years before and after that, he never missed a meal. They just kinda do what they want to. :rolleyes: The multitude of good eaters, and having to come to terms with that problem eater, has really helped me be more patient with the pickier eaters.
  • 10-10-2020, 04:33 PM
    ckuhn003
    A couple pics of Phantom relaxing on the coffee table. He’s such a chill character.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...296a1e9851.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...5a659d7005.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk