Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,261

2 members and 3,259 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,102
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Geezy99

a smattering of pix

Printable View

• 05-01-2006, 10:02 PM
    Smulkin
    a smattering of pix
    While feeding my meager bunch of T's today I found that my unholy and much loved h.longipedum has shuffed off this mortal coil. A screechier, faster, jumpier and more malevolent beastie I have not (yet :P) known. R.I.P. lil' buddy!

On the other hand some of the other pet holes decided to be out and about and I managed to snap a few pix. THe bulk of them molted recently and were out working the runway sporting their new spring line:

Many a happy dance was had while they gorged on :crix:
  • 05-01-2006, 10:23 PM
    cassandra
    Re: a smattering of pix
    Okay, those are kinda cool...still doesn't make me want one, but I would like to see one feed.

Sorry to hear about your loss. =(
  • 05-01-2006, 10:27 PM
    tigerlily
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss. How long had you had him?

Although that hardly looks like a meager collection there. Very nice pics!! I like that last one.
  • 05-01-2006, 10:28 PM
    Smulkin
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cassandra
    but I would like to see one feed.

Sorry to hear about your loss. =(

Danke chica. The top two and bottom are chowing down though with the above shots theres not much to indicate it in the still shots other than the fangs being worked and slightly askew. The avic on the bottom will come out onto that perch not only to copiously poop but also when it's feeding time. Like many of them she will greed out and snag as many as she can in her maws at once - sometimes you can toss the crickets in underhand and if they head anywhwere near her she will all but scoop em out of the air. She's a pretty lass!
  • 05-01-2006, 10:28 PM
    Boarder4l154
    wow, that b.smithi has got some hot colors! nice lookin T's man!
  • 05-01-2006, 10:33 PM
    Smulkin
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tigerlily
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss. How long had you had him?

Had him about a year and a half and was an adult when we picked it up. It got out once and it was a very nervous week before I found it (mostly I feared for our cat and the doglets). When i DID find it it was VERY unexpected. I was just cleaning up a bit and went to pick up an empty toilet paper roll in the basement bathroom when with a hissy kind of screech and loud skitching sound this thing shot out and nearly plunked itself in the toilet. I dont even want to know what my pulse shot up to at that point but I am no longer worried about having a coronary.
  • 05-01-2006, 10:42 PM
    tigerlily
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Smulkin
    Had him about a year and a half and was an adult when we picked it up. It got out once and it was a very nervous week before I found it (mostly I feared for our cat and the doglets). When i DID find it it was VERY unexpected. I was just cleaning up a bit and went to pick up an empty toilet paper roll in the basement bathroom when with a hissy kind of screech and loud skitching sound this thing shot out and nearly plunked itself in the toilet. I dont even want to know what my pulse shot up to at that point but I am no longer worried about having a coronary.

OMG!! That would have been too funny to see!! :giggle:

My mom had a couple Ts when we were growing up. (traumatized me a bit :rolleyes: ) I just knew I was going to wake up with it on my chest in the middle of the night. :omfg: Unknowing to me, she kept one of the sheds and pinned in on styrofoam. About 5 years after all of them had died, I was rifling through some stuff on top of my mom's dresser. I look up to see a big ole spider falling on my head. I nearly had a heart attack, and promptly destroyed the shed. :O
  • 05-01-2006, 10:57 PM
    Smulkin
    Yeah it would have made for a classic reaction shot. I almost needed a pair of
    http://www.madwag.com/UNSHARD/oops.jpg

Here are a few tribute shots lol.

RAWR! I said NO PICTURES!
    http://www.madwag.com/exos/rawr.jpg

and a more laid back shot
    http://www.madwag.com/exos/longipedum_new.jpg
  • 05-01-2006, 10:59 PM
    Blu Mongoose
    Very nice little group there, I haven't had any of those in over 20 yrs. Hard to find someone willing to live with them. Nice photos:D
  • 05-01-2006, 11:05 PM
    Smulkin
    Quote:

Hard to find someone willing to live with them.
    I know what you mean. I would not characterize Smynx as willing even now after a couple years hehe. Just a short while ago though our youngest showed interest and found a red-knee in the local Bulletin Board (lile a weekly classifieds paper) for $25 and just now took our other son's rosie into his care for a while. I appreciate the compliments and admit i am not all that crushed at the loss - not so much because I didn't find its alien screechings endearing but I expect to lose some of the males after having had them for a while. I am sure I will come across a worthy replacement in time - and I still have my sling raised parahybana which will eventually be a huge booger.