Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,966

1 members and 2,965 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,111
Threads: 248,549
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, GhostyBoy29

Snakes and Stones

Printable View

• 02-08-2021, 07:43 PM
    Lord Sorril
    Re: Snakes and Stones
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugsplox View Post
    Is that tiger's eye Sorril? I'm loving this thread!

Thank you!

Yes it is tiger-eye, this is blue/gold variegated tiger eye with very little blue. I buy a lot of nice rough blue/gold pieces from a guy who has mining rights to an area in South Africa. :)
  • 02-08-2021, 08:24 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Sorril View Post
    Thank you!

Yes it is tiger-eye, this is blue/gold variegated tiger eye with very little blue. I buy a lot of nice rough blue/gold pieces from a guy who has mining rights to an area in South Africa. :)

Lucky you! :D
  • 02-10-2021, 06:46 AM
    Lord Sorril
  • 02-10-2021, 07:48 AM
    nikkubus
    Quote:

This BP looks like a model posing the way the tail is curled up under the face. My favorite one yet. :)
  • 02-10-2021, 11:03 AM
    Hugsplox
    Quote:

Thank you!

Lucky you!

I spent a few years in Afghanistan and was lucky enough to pick up a few really nice pieces of Lapis, Jade, and Tiger-eye. Costs next to nothing over there but beautiful pieces.
  • 02-10-2021, 06:55 PM
    Lord Sorril
    Quote:

I spent a few years in Afghanistan and was lucky enough to pick up a few really nice pieces of Lapis, Jade, and Tiger-eye. Costs next to nothing over there but beautiful pieces.

Cool! Any plans on working them (cutting, cabbing, wrapping, tumbling, polishing)?
  • 02-11-2021, 09:37 AM
    Hugsplox
    Quote:

Cool! Any plans on working them (cutting, cabbing, wrapping, tumbling, polishing)?

They already were when I got them. Nothing super fancy, a few spheres that I thought were fake at first until the guy showed me one he was working on. My wife put them up on our mantle and they've made a great conversation piece.
  • 02-12-2021, 06:38 AM
    Lord Sorril
    Quote:

They already were when I got them. Nothing super fancy, a few spheres that I thought were fake at first until the guy showed me one he was working on. My wife put them up on our mantle and they've made a great conversation piece.

Neat! I always thought the sphere making process was fun to watch...Too labor intensive for me though! :)

Photo #5
    https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/tL8CTzF.jpg
  • 02-14-2021, 12:11 AM
    Lord Sorril
  • 02-14-2021, 10:50 PM
    Lord Sorril