Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,982

3 members and 2,979 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,573
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
  • 05-20-2011, 03:17 PM
    PrettyInInk87
    Male Panther Chameleon Putting the Moves on a Female
    Here is a video of my male Sambava Panther Chameleon putting the moves on my female. I kept reading how cute it was when male Chams courted females so I decided i'd check it out myself. I kept a VERY close eye on the 2 and this was not an attempt to mate them. They are WAY too young to mate (healthily)... I don't handle my Chams except when they get sun time or do a deep cleaning of their cages, I do not recommend handling your Chams unless your Cham is okay with it. Also would like to point out that I never put my Chams under unecessary stress but this bit of stress they might be experiencing seeing one another will not harm them. So, with all of that said ENJOY THE VIDEO! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT2T_oyXvTg
  • 05-20-2011, 03:25 PM
    TheWinWizard
    Nice looking chameleon.
  • 05-20-2011, 03:28 PM
    Kymberli
    That's cute :) Look at those colors though! Makes me want one.
  • 05-20-2011, 03:53 PM
    PrettyInInk87
    Re: Male Panther Chameleon Putting the Moves on a Female
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWinWizard View Post
    Nice looking chameleon.

Thank you! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kymberli View Post
    That's cute :) Look at those colors though! Makes me want one.

You should get one! They are a little on the tougher side to care for but they are so rewarding to have. :)

He is still only about 9 months old so is not done coloring up. He should reach his permanent adult color when he's about 2 years old. If you notice, during the whole video he is changing colors. :D
  • 05-20-2011, 03:57 PM
    Kymberli
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PrettyInInk87 View Post
    You should get one! They are a little on the tougher side to care for but they are so rewarding to have. :)

He is still only about 9 months old so is not done coloring up. He should reach his permanent adult color when he's about 2 years old. If you notice, during the whole video he is changing colors. :D

Yes, I definitely noticed! I love it. I'm sure I can handle the tougher care, though. Can't be any more difficult than breeding up to 12 Miniature Donkeys at one time. :P
  • 05-20-2011, 04:06 PM
    PrettyInInk87
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kymberli View Post
    Yes, I definitely noticed! I love it. I'm sure I can handle the tougher care, though. Can't be any more difficult than breeding up to 12 Miniature Donkeys at one time. :P

Donkeys? Woah, lol! If you ever do get one of these little guys they are a great starter Chameleon along with Veilds. Don't hesitate to ask questions about care, diet, and hunsbandry if you do. :D
  • 05-27-2011, 10:02 PM
    mark and marley
    those are awesomecakes!!! i always wanted a chameleon or two.