Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,346

2 members and 3,344 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
  • 11-08-2017, 02:33 PM
    MD_Pythons
    POLL: Favorite Carpet Subspecies
    Just curious, I like Irian Jayas and inlands. I'm going to include Morelia Bredli even though it technically isn't a Carpet.
  • 11-08-2017, 02:52 PM
    KevinK
    Re: POLL: Favorite Carpet Subspecies
    I love jungles, but this is a complicated question for someone that loves carpet pythons. Wild jungles are typically not found with the bright yellow coloring that we're accustomed to seeing in US captive collections ....but they're still an amazing species regardless of colors.

Pure wild Darwin carpets on the other hand will sometimes actually obtain blue , yes blue, hues to them in certain areas of their natural habitat.

Diamond pythons are stunning animals as well, although the animals we have in captivity are great examples of them compared to some of their wild counterparts which will crossbreed with Coastal carpets often in their natural habitats.

My vote however is for the Bredli Python.....because I believe hypo Bredli's are the one of the most beautiful Morelia species out there.....with the other main Morelia competitor being Morelia Viridis (GTP) of course.
  • 11-08-2017, 03:11 PM
    MD_Pythons
    Honestly, I prefer the look of the Julatten Jungles, wish there were more of them in the states. That silvery color they can get is amazing.
    https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2845/9...84dc952e_b.jpg
  • 11-08-2017, 03:13 PM
    EL-Ziggy
    You don't have my favorite carpet (Morelia spilota mcdowelli) listed, so I didn't vote in the poll, but I LOVE Coastals! Like many other keepers I was originally seduced by the beautiful black and yellow Jungles but now that I've kept a few different Morelia the Coastals definitely taken over the top spot. :)
  • 11-08-2017, 03:29 PM
    MD_Pythons
    Quote:

Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
    You don't have my favorite carpet (Morelia spilota mcdowelli) listed, so I didn't vote in the poll, but I LOVE Coastals! Like many other keepers I was originally seduced by the beautiful black and yellow Jungles but now that I've kept a few different Morelia the Coastals definitely taken over the top spot. :)

Ugh! I knew I forgot one lol
  • 09-09-2019, 12:33 PM
    RickyNY
    My favorite Carpet Subspecies?
    The one I got of course. ;)
  • 09-09-2019, 09:11 PM
    Valyndris
    I love the jungle carpet pythons the most, they are so beautiful if I had the time, money and space I'd want one for sure. But if I had the money I'd get a ball python that looks similar to it instead. Labeled as a firefly yellow belly spotnose confusion. I have this picture on my morphs poster in Crowley's room.
    https://jkobylkareptiles.com/wp-cont...onf.jpg?w=1024
  • 09-10-2019, 11:11 AM
    Skeptiball
    Shag. 😉
  • 09-12-2019, 05:39 PM
    Cee Jay
    Have to say Darwin because that is what I came to inherit and love her. Really hoping to get a coastal in the future.
  • 12-14-2019, 06:57 PM
    Craiga 01453
    Bredli for me!

My new girl has got me smitten for sure :D