Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,326

2 members and 3,324 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

This one is challenging

Printable View

• 10-22-2019, 03:19 PM
    rufretic
    This one is challenging
    Think you're good at IDing? I challenge you to take a guess at this little girl. I'm assuming she's a worlds first because I'm not finding anything close on the genetic wizard. The pairing was blk pastel fire OD x disco spider pastel. I'm guessing she has to be at least 4 genes but figuring which ones is challenging. I'll try to get better pics to show the pattern but she hasn't even had her first meal yet so I'm trying not to bother her too much. Let's hear what your guess is.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d788105e35.jpg

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk
  • 10-22-2019, 08:31 PM
    Sonny1318
    How about mind blowing gorgeous bro! Congratulations 🎉
  • 10-22-2019, 09:28 PM
    Crowfingers
    Super pastel disco spider??
  • 10-22-2019, 10:09 PM
    rufretic
    Re: This one is challenging
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonny1318 View Post
    How about mind blowing gorgeous bro! Congratulations 🎉

Thanks man! At first when she came out I wasn't sure I liked her because she was so different than anything I was expecting but once I got past that, now I really like her and will probably hold her back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowfingers View Post
    Super pastel disco spider??

No chance at super pastel in the mix but pastel disco spider was what the mother is and doesn't even look close. That combo looks pretty close to a bumble bee but the disco slightly changes the pattern.

Pairing was:

Black pastel, Fire, Orange Dream X Pastel, Disco, Spider

The closest combo I've found is fire, disco, orange dream, pastel but mine has quite a bit more pattern so I'm guessing mine has black pastel and or spider as well. Something about the head pattern screams spider to me but I've never seen body pattern like this on a spider. The problem is there are so many genes at play it's totally blowing up the pattern and the genes are interacting differently than what would be expected. I'm starting to think she had to of hit 5 genes or even possibly all 6. I'm going to try to get some more pics so you all can see the pattern, it's really weird. But I'm going to leave her alone until I get her to take her first meal so hopefully sometime next week I'll add some good shots of her pattern on top and sides.
  • 10-23-2019, 08:48 AM
    Bridgiebear1
    My guess would either be pastel disco fire spider or pastel OD disco spider. The only reason I'm hesitant about the first combo is because disco infernos usually have a pied (black eyed lucy complex) look to them but it could be possible she's just very low white but I'm leaning towards the second combo! Either way definitely a gorgeous animal! I'd definitely run her to a normal and see what all she passes down!!
  • 10-23-2019, 09:21 AM
    bmwood
    Pastel Disco Fire, I dont see any OD, can you get better pics of its sides and tail ? No spider because to much pattern for spider to be there with a cleaner gene like fire in there.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
  • 10-23-2019, 09:32 AM
    rufretic
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridgiebear1 View Post
    My guess would either be pastel disco fire spider or pastel OD disco spider. The only reason I'm hesitant about the first combo is because disco infernos usually have a pied (black eyed lucy complex) look to them but it could be possible she's just very low white but I'm leaning towards the second combo! Either way definitely a gorgeous animal! I'd definitely run her to a normal and see what all she passes down!!

Thanks, those are both pretty good guesses. It's not pastel disco fire spider though because that combo is already pretty well known, not even close to this girl but does look like her sister which is disco fire spider OD, I'll add a pic of her for comparison.

I think you're right with the pastel OD disco spider but I think she has at least one other gene because this combo would have more of a typical spider pattern and my girl does not. Add fire and I think we're getting somewhere. You're a little confused how disco inferno works, it's neither pied or BEL, those are 3 non related things but you are right that disco inferno gets a nice big white ringer usually but not always. It does always mess with the pattern though so I think it's playing a role in why my girl is hard to ID.

So here is the sister, disco fire spider OD

And here is the closest combo I found at wobp, disco fire OD pastel, it's close but my girl has another gene bringing more pattern backhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b8e5589e33.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...322b8d56d1.jpg

• 10-23-2019, 09:37 AM
    rufretic
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwood View Post
    Pastel Disco Fire, I dont see any OD, can you get better pics of its sides and tail ? No spider because to much pattern for spider to be there with a cleaner gene like fire in there.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Pastel disco fire is very common, it looks nothing like this girl. I have a disco Inferno also and when you add pastel it make for a super light colored snake usually with a huge white ringer. Beautiful, yes but totally different than the girl we're trying to ID. Here is my disco inferno for reference, all pastel does is make this combo lighter.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5e51ac7475.jpg

• 10-23-2019, 09:38 AM
    ladywhipple02
    I think you hit them all but the spider gene here (as I don't really see much spider influence at all) - Black Pastel Disco Fire OD Pastel
  • 10-23-2019, 11:39 AM
    Gocntry
    I couldn't tell you a morph if I had to......

But Gorgeous Snake, it does look like someone took an eraser and erased the color off the top of her head.