Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,332

4 members and 3,328 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97

Site facelift?

Printable View

• 08-06-2017, 03:29 PM
    OhhWatALoser
    Site facelift?
    To filter this out of a toxic thread. I do think it would be nice to give this forum a face lift. I found this vbulletin theme https://themeforest.net/item/metro-a...-and-5/3555714 which claims to be material design, which I think most would agree would be considered contemporary design on the internet right now. It also claims to be responsive, which would make it much easier to use the site on tablets and phones, which I would assume by now is how most of us browse the forum anyway. theres probably plenty of themes out there, but this was the first i found after a quick google search. Any thoughts from the powers that can set something in motion?
  • 08-06-2017, 03:54 PM
    mlededee
    It is certainly something worth taking into consideration, and I do agree that something that is very mobile friendly would be the way to go.
  • 08-06-2017, 04:20 PM
    The_Godfather
    I'm sorry for one, and we need to return to a modern site with this color scheme.

http://i.imgur.com/O9K9Iqz.jpg
  • 08-06-2017, 04:22 PM
    The_Godfather
    It's neutral, aestetic, and invokes bp colors
  • 08-06-2017, 04:26 PM
    KMG
    I would just like to be able to add pics without having to upload them to a service of some sort. That why I hardly ever post pics.

Yes, I know Tapatalk will allow this but I don't like the app.

I'm a part of two motorcycle forums that allows this so I know it's possible.
  • 08-06-2017, 04:54 PM
    KMG
    Another thing I'd like is more options than just Thanks. My favorite forum had Like, Agree, Dislike (which I wish it didn't), Funny, Informative, and Useful.
  • 08-06-2017, 05:27 PM
    redshepherd
    For the OP and admin/mods... I really like the site format and looks right now actually. It's easy to navigate and comfortable to look at and feels homey without looking like "just another forum". Keeping the format and just updating some colors/pictures in the top left would be fine though to me.
  • 08-06-2017, 06:10 PM
    PitOnTheProwl
    I personally see no problems with the current site and I also use Chrome on my phone so there is no problem there either.
    Would be nice to upload photos directly as photobucket really sucks now and does not allow what they claim as 3rd party hosting AND tapatalk just flat out sucks.

Then again this is a PRIVATELY owned site so ultimate call is theirs. For what its worth Texas Kayak Fisherman lost most of their traffic after upgrading to a new platform that no one liked so now their FaceBook traffic has gone through the roof. :soapbx:
  • 08-06-2017, 10:04 PM
    Craiga 01453
    I am perfectly content with the appearance now as well. I do like KMG's idea of more than just the "thanks" option, though.

Just my two cents :2cent:...
  • 08-07-2017, 03:21 AM
    Zincubus
    Re: Site facelift?
    I actually really like the site layout .... sure I wouldn't mind two options - a LIKE for certain posts and a THANK if someone's helped you with something ..

As regards the free TapaTalk app , I dread to think what life would be WITHOUT it :)

For one thing it's got a one click photo upload option so even techno-phobes like me can easily upload photos and instantly .

I also visit loads of other forums ( reptiles / sport / music etc) and TapaTalk allows me to see any PMs and followed threads , replied to posts - from all forums instantly and I'm able to jump in and out from forum to forum ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk