Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,195

1 members and 3,194 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,102
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Geezy99
  • 10-12-2019, 09:11 PM
    SilentHill
    we recently started breeding button quail per our vet's advice to give our snakes a varied diet. our corns and carpets really seem to like them. i doubt we've tried them with the BPs or our larger guys.
  • 10-14-2019, 07:00 AM
    Annageckos
    I only feed rats now, I also only have to snakes. But I use to work at a pet store and fed my BP all kinds of rodents. He'd take rats, mice, hamsters, dwarf hamsters(his favorite) and gerbils.
  • 10-14-2019, 07:45 AM
    Zincubus
    Re: Varied diet or "treats" for snakes?
    My Blizzard corn snake is my ‘dustbin’
    and his last 5 meals have been mouse / rat / chick / hamster and last night a gerbil !! ( all frozen thawed) .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • 11-14-2019, 05:17 PM
    Gocntry
    Ok, got my latest order of frozen goods for the snakes....

I did order a package of day old chicks.

My question is on the feeding, I know my 2 bigger pythons can eat them, also my boa constrictor

How about my corn snake? He's probably about 4' or so, I'm assuming an adult 2+ (I was told) years old can he handle one?

Anything special I need to do about the beak or feet? to avoid internal issues?

Not wanting to sound clueless but don't want to injure an animal But I figure in the wild they just munch 'em
  • 11-14-2019, 06:18 PM
    Bogertophis
    I don't think I'd feed a chick to that corn snake...they have a narrower body...at least not without modifications (a beak-ectomy at least?).

They do just munch 'em in the wild...but we also don't know the outcomes either. ;)
  • 11-14-2019, 07:36 PM
    Zincubus
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    I don't think I'd feed a chick to that corn snake...they have a narrower body...at least not without modifications (a beak-ectomy at least?).

They do just munch 'em in the wild...but we also don't know the outcomes either. ;)

Fair point !!

I feed left over chicks to my two 4’ Corn snakes but I do snip the breaks off ..

No issues at all ..

I bought a pair or Royals a few years ago and they ‘came’ as only chick eaters ... soon got them onto mice and rats with the ol’ hairdryer trick :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk