Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,414

3 members and 3,411 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97

So happy tonight!

Printable View

• 06-12-2018, 10:36 PM
    chelliex2
    So happy tonight!
    Ozzy hadn't eat it about 5months. While we knew he was probably ok we were still worried as we hadn't had feeding issues prior and he's only 2.
    My daughter has shed a lot of tears worried about her baby! We went thru the gambit of possible issues, temps, humidity, wrong color mouse?! Sick, stressed... nada. Not remotely interested.

I researched tips and ideas every couple weeks. Yesterday I read a new one, cleaned his tank thoroughly last night. I guess in the wild they move "homes" when they fed taking over the foods home before moving to the next. So, in desperate situations make a *new* tank! Made his tank feel "new" no Ozzy smells, rearranged a bit. We left him alone today (no stress! Nothing new here), extra small mouse (done that one already!) And I asked the pet store staff to place in a container full of gerbil bedding...
    The little stinker ATE! Pet store is gonna have get used to my odd request for gerbil bedding! They looked at me like I was crazy! Lol. Hoping he eats without me deep cleaning his home every dang week though, or I'll be buying a rack so he can switch homes every other week! But hopefully we've broken the fast! He's got a fat little belly tonight and happy 11yr old mommy.

And I'm just glad my baby girl isn't worried about the pet she loves! And wanted share with people who feel the pain! And joy of mice eating. Lol!
  • 06-12-2018, 11:10 PM
    Bogertophis
    I've never heard or considered the trick of making their home smell "new", that's very interesting. Congratulations :gj: I hope he "behaves" from now on.
  • 06-13-2018, 09:02 AM
    Craiga 01453
    Interesting technique. I've never heard of that.

Thanks for sharing and congrats!!!!
  • 06-13-2018, 11:16 AM
    tttaylorrr
    Re: So happy tonight!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    I've never heard or considered the trick of making their home smell "new", that's very interesting. Congratulations :gj: I hope he "behaves" from now on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    Interesting technique. I've never heard of that.

Thanks for sharing and congrats!!!!

really?? i thought it was a fairly common trick. i give Yellow's T8 a real deep clean around april to try and jump-start him back to eating. this year it worked for 3 weeks and then he quit again lol.

congrats, OP!
  • 06-13-2018, 11:20 AM
    Craiga 01453
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    really?? i thought it was a fairly common trick. i give Yellow's T8 a real deep clean around april to try and jump-start him back to eating. this year it worked for 3 weeks and then he quit again lol.

congrats, OP!

Yup, never heard this one. Another +1 for BP.net spreading quality education!
  • 06-13-2018, 02:00 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by chelliex2 View Post
    ....And I'm just glad my baby girl isn't worried about the pet she loves! And wanted share with people who feel the pain! And joy of mice eating. Lol!

We all definitely know how good this feels! :gj: :carrot::dance::fest::dance::fest2::banana::D

And thank you for sharing your experience here too.
  • 06-13-2018, 06:02 PM
    Snoopyslim
    Congrats! I'm dealing with my girl's first fast and I am going to try this this weekend - seems like a great idea!
  • 06-13-2018, 07:38 PM
    chelliex2
    Let me know how it goes! I'd love to see if it works for someone else or it was just... him being ready to eat! Lol!
  • 06-13-2018, 07:47 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by chelliex2 View Post
    Let me know how it goes! I'd love to see if it works for someone else or it was just... him being ready to eat! Lol!

It's always hard to know for sure...our snakes have their own personalities & perspectives, but forums like this are so helpful because we don't all think of
    the same things to try. And for a new keeper, a snake that refuses food time after time is just so frustrating & demoralizing..."community" helps a lot.
  • 06-13-2018, 09:33 PM
    Sunnieskys
    I always give people used bedding from the mouse cage. Most of the time it works. Now cleaning the cage...have not heard that one. I might have to do that with boople! She is on strike.