Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,444

3 members and 3,441 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
  • 06-09-2018, 01:33 PM
    tytonidae
    Question Regarding a Paradox(?) Baby
    I recently produced my very first clutch, pairing a single-gene Mojave to a Champagne Butter Pastel, hoping for some BEL babies.

What I got instead, was this guy! (I haven't sexed them yet, I'm waiting until after they shed.)

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/mI0ZHDJ.jpg

Since posting a picture of them, I've gotten a lot of inquiries about whether I'm going to sell them or not (I haven't decided, want to get them established first).

My problem is, if I do decide to sell them... I have no idea what this might be worth! Is anyone more experienced able to give a rough estimate?

(I apologize if I'm in the wrong section!)
  • 06-09-2018, 02:01 PM
    StillBP
    Re: Question Regarding a Paradox(?) Baby
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tytonidae View Post
    I recently produced my very first clutch, pairing a single-gene Mojave to a Champagne Butter Pastel, hoping for some BEL babies.

What I got instead, was this guy! (I haven't sexed them yet, I'm waiting until after they shed.)

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/mI0ZHDJ.jpg

Since posting a picture of them, I've gotten a lot of inquiries about whether I'm going to sell them or not (I haven't decided, want to get them established first).

My problem is, if I do decide to sell them... I have no idea what this might be worth! Is anyone more experienced able to give a rough estimate?

(I apologize if I'm in the wrong section!)

The paradox are worth what ever someone is willing to pay. Geneticly it's worth less than a bel but people will pay for uniqueness. If it we're mine I'd put a $1200 tag on it and accept $900 or so

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
  • 06-09-2018, 05:20 PM
    Crowfingers
    It's a beautiful snake -anyone would be lucky to have it!
  • 06-12-2018, 02:20 PM
    Turbo Serpent
    Quote:

Originally Posted by StillBP View Post
    The paradox are worth what ever someone is willing to pay. Geneticly it's worth less than a bel but people will pay for uniqueness. If it we're mine I'd put a $1200 tag on it and accept $900 or so

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I agree with this, it is not a genetic powerhouse, but it is definitely a one of a kind snake that will never be reproduced. Uniqueness is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I honestly am fascinated with how the paradox works. That almost looks as if its part BEL and part Lesser.
  • 06-12-2018, 02:23 PM
    ladywhipple02
    I agree with what's already been said... and just wanted to say that is a beauty of a baby.

I would be willing to pay more for a snake like that as a pet/display animal, but that's to my tastes. Someone out there will be willing to pay for it, I'm sure. If people are already asking... I'd price it however much YOU think it's worth.
  • 06-12-2018, 03:20 PM
    Skyrivers
    Photos of the rest of the clutch?
  • 06-12-2018, 03:24 PM
    AnnieHeart
    LOVE this morph!!! Please do more pictures if you have time.:)

Also, thank you for sharing!
  • 06-12-2018, 03:32 PM
    Charis
    Awesome looking baby! Looks maybe chimera?
  • 06-12-2018, 04:48 PM
    WhompingWillow
    That's a fantastic looking snake! Are those ringers (ie, champagne) or just part of the paradox?
  • 06-12-2018, 11:59 PM
    Turbo Serpent
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Charis View Post
    Awesome looking baby! Looks maybe chimera?

That they way that I am leaning, like I said kind of has the Lesser and BEL look going on.