Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,207

1 members and 3,206 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
  • 11-10-2018, 10:04 PM
    Stearns84
    Re: Kalatoa 100% Pure SD Retic Progression (Pic heavy...)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin83 View Post
    You could keep her in a tent with no hard sides maybe?

A tent?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  • 11-11-2018, 05:03 AM
    Justin83
    I've heard of people lining vivs with fabric sides a few inches of the edge like a tent inside the Viv or large tub. It would sofen all the edges, would take alot of work to get it right.
    Kinda like a padded cell. She would be unable to rub at all if done right.
  • 11-11-2018, 05:56 AM
    mrhoyo
    You are a very patient man, I don't know how you manage it.

We bought a GTP from a breeder a couple of years ago and whatever we did we couldn't get it to eat. After a few weeks and lots of help from the breeder it still wouldn't eat so we took it back to stay with him for a while. Within an hour of it being there it ate and didn't miss a meal over the next 6 weeks. We brought it back home and it went on strike again.
    After a few weeks the breeder even came to our house to see If he could feed it or identify the problem but had no luck.
    Eventually, after around 6 months of buying the snake he took it back and gave us one of the holdbacks. That ate the first night we got it home and hasn't missed a meal in the 2 years or so we've had it. Neither has the original snake now it's back with the breeder.

What I suppose I'm saying is there may just be something at your place that doesn't agree with your snake but that's not to say she wouldn't be fine elsewhere if you eventually give up trying.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  • 11-11-2018, 09:24 AM
    Spoons
    I just spent today and yesterday reading this whole thread. I'm impressed at your tenacity, and I definitely commend you for going to such extreme lengths to make this poor girl comfortable. Honestly, it sounds like it has been a nightmare and you're doing everything you reasonably can to keep her happy.

I think, though, it may be time to start looking for a home for her that can provide a large space. It sounds like you've tried everything possible and the only time she wasn't obsessively pushing was when she had run of your snake room - in a large space. A zoo, maybe? someone in a surrounding state may be able to meet you to take her? It honestly sounds like she just needs a lot of space to be happy, and as it stands she's unhappy enough to be constantly injuring herself trying to wander.

She's such a beautiful snake, I'm sorry you're dealing with this. :( I know how hard it is to see especially when all you want is to find a way to keep her happy.
  • 12-05-2018, 06:49 PM
    Sauzo
    So any new news about psycho Phyllis? Did her face finally heal? Or did you jump off a bridge with her lol?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
  • 12-06-2018, 11:08 AM
    Justin83
    Try Brian barcyk see if he would try in his zoo?
  • 12-12-2018, 11:40 PM
    CALM Pythons
    How yous doin Bro? [emoji106][emoji2533]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 12-15-2018, 03:07 AM
    Dxw425
    Hoping all is well with Phyllis, and if she has been rehome for is set to be rehome hope you’re doing okay.