Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,168

1 members and 3,167 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
  • 12-13-2018, 08:52 PM
    Bogertophis
    Re: Rescued burm need some advice
    I agree with Momokahn about the importance of extra hydration by injecting water or Pedialyte. Severely dehydrated snakes cannot digest until they are rehydrated,
    and the last thing a snake in this condition needs is to regurge a meal...even a small one.

In rescues like this, I would also inject some reptile vitamin/mineral powder too, or else pack a little of the powder into the rodents mouth...that way you don't need
    to use a syringe or try to dissolve it so it doesn't clog the needle. (if you go the injection route, get liquid vitamins)

How is it going so far? :please:
  • 12-14-2018, 03:49 AM
    Zincubus
    Soooooo given this beautiful little snake is so dehydrated I'd be tempted to give it a 30 minute soak ??

I've only had a quick look through all the replies and nobody seems to have mentioned it . I've taken over a couple of dehydrated snakes over the years and a soak makes an massive difference.. immediately afterwards they look much plumper and seem more 'alive' .

Any thoughts ??

Apologies if I've missed something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 12-14-2018, 04:24 PM
    Toasted Hippo
    Snake is doing good! I got rid of the mites but I'm gonna treat her one more time just to be safe. I gave her a rat pup 6days ago I believe and she ate that, plus I've been giving her fresh water and just letter her be for the most part. I have a good feeling she'll manage to make a full recovery without any problems. She was definitely starved of food/water and in a enclosure way to big.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
  • 12-14-2018, 06:05 PM
    CALM Pythons
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Toasted Hippo View Post
    Snake is doing good! I got rid of the mites but I'm gonna treat her one more time just to be safe. I gave her a rat pup 6days ago I believe and she ate that, plus I've been giving her fresh water and just letter her be for the most part. I have a good feeling she'll manage to make a full recovery without any problems. She was definitely starved of food/water and in a enclosure way to big.

Thats great. I look forward to following a progression thread on her. Burms are my fav even though I have a couple others that are good girls here [emoji106][emoji2533][emoji108][emoji2533][emoji216]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 12-14-2018, 08:02 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Soooooo given this beautiful little snake is so dehydrated I'd be tempted to give it a 30 minute soak ??

I've only had a quick look through all the replies and nobody seems to have mentioned it . I've taken over a couple of dehydrated snakes over the years and a soak makes an massive difference.. immediately afterwards they look much plumper and seem more 'alive' .

Any thoughts ??

Apologies if I've missed something.

I totally agree, thanks! I meant to suggest that as well- (I got sidetracked somewhere?) Not to mention that it helps by drowning any missed mites. ;)
  • 12-16-2018, 01:28 AM
    Toasted Hippo
    Gonna feed her tomorrow and get a newer pic of of her. She already looks much better after 8 days

• 12-16-2018, 10:22 PM
    Toasted Hippo
    Forgot to get more pics of the little girl but I did get this one. If you compare it to the first couple picks there is already a big difference in how she looks.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...18317447af.jpg

• 12-16-2018, 10:30 PM
    tttaylorrr
    looking forward to watching this lucky girl progress into a giant beauty. [emoji4]
  • 01-06-2019, 11:28 AM
    Toasted Hippo
    She really starting to fill out now! Shes a fiesty lil one. I've been more times in the past month from her then I have since I started keeping snakes lol.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...648ad8490f.jpg

• 01-06-2019, 12:50 PM
    Bogertophis
    "No good deed goes unpunished..." or so they say? ;) I hope she'll settle down, that's no way to say "thanks!"
    She's GOT to be feeling good, she looks SO much better already. :gj: