Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,324

1 members and 3,323 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
  • 09-19-2016, 06:13 PM
    thingsthatmakenoise
    Re: how often do you hold your snakes?
    I hold my two girls for a bit nearly every day, but my big boy is SO skittish I rarely every hold him because I'm too concerned he'll stress out from the handling and go off food.
  • 09-19-2016, 06:16 PM
    AlbinoBull
    I hold mine a few times a week, usually. o: It used to be anytime that wasn't a feed day/the two days after feeding, but my schedule has been hectic lately. She used to hiss and get all huffy when I took her out, never balling up and usually did the S pose or hissed, but she calmed down after a fair amount of time and now seems content when taken out. She usually explores for a bit or goes into a blanket and falls asleep.
  • 09-19-2016, 08:09 PM
    enginee837
    Our babies get held twice a week until they are no longer hissy or defensive. Once they are cool with it, we only make it a point to hold them every other week. Some get held more often depending on my kids. Unless the snake has just eaten or is in blue, I let them hold whoever, whenever they want.
    We also keep ever in cages with glass fronts so they get used to movement in the rooms and we can enjoy seeing them (even if it is only at night for the bp's). Don't get me wrong, I don't have an issue with rack systems. They are very efficient, just not our cup of tea. Ours snakes are pets primarily.
  • 09-19-2016, 08:42 PM
    o.r hill
    Re: how often do you hold your snakes?
    With all my snakes it depend on them. The ball python gets handled about one per month when the cage gets a major cleaning. Other than when he seems to want to roam -about once a month in warm weather. His favorite thing when out is crawling up inside my bureau. Since I got him a Vision cage he seems content to wander in there - I open the door sometimes but he does not try to come out.
  • 01-28-2017, 11:56 PM
    BeelzeBall.
    with the royals whenever i clean,for 5 min if that, i just inspect admire for a little bit and that's it. with boa i started to handle him a little more since hes so active 10 mins tops, sometimes i let him roam around the room for a little bit.
  • 11-15-2020, 01:08 AM
    Snagrio
    A few times a week give or take. Try to strike a balance of handling him enough to maintain familiarity with me and handling in general, but still give him ample time to himself. I can tell he doesn't mind it at least, as during longer sessions (usually a half hour or so) he'll contently rest on my hand or lap as we watch TV.
  • 12-11-2020, 10:29 PM
    MowgliPups
    Every day!
    Except wed night to friday, I dont hold him after he eats
  • 12-12-2020, 09:18 PM
    Crowfingers
    For me, every day or every other day in the spring - fall except the few days after he eats, and almost never except for cleaning days in the winter. My house is cold in the winter, usually between 63-66*F and humidity bottoms out at around 25-30%, so I avoid exposing him to this as much as possible.
  • 06-24-2022, 05:38 PM
    YungRasputin
    everyday, twice a day, 15+ min per sesh - most especially with the members of my collection that will get giant 1 day