Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,180

0 members and 3,180 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97

miscalibrated scale.

Printable View

• 11-10-2017, 03:34 PM
    Pezz
    miscalibrated scale.
    So I've been using a kitchen scale for my snake weights. I didn't realize until last night that my scale was miscalibrated. I went to weigh gummy bears, (i wanted to see how much my kid ate while i was at work). After putting a sterile container on the scale and placing the bag in it I got zero weight. I changed batteries and recalibrated. Turns out my scale has been weighing everything 90 grams lighter than it is LMAO. So updated weights Clyde 512 empty. Monty 476 empty. Bonnie 2067.

Sent from my LG-M151 using Tapatalk
  • 11-10-2017, 03:36 PM
    tttaylorrr
    i just realized i've never double-checked my scale's weights or calibration either, and i've had it for almost 3 years!!! i know what i'm doing when i get home now...
  • 11-10-2017, 03:38 PM
    Eric Alan
    Does it have a tare button? If so, that could've been the reason for the difference. Tare is your friend when trying to weigh things that don't sit still on the scale.
  • 11-10-2017, 03:39 PM
    tttaylorrr
    Re: miscalibrated scale.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Alan View Post
    Does it have a tare button? If so, that could've been the reason for the difference. Tare is your friend when trying to weigh things that don't sit still on the scale.

(WAY off topic but i LOVE your new avatar!!! :))
  • 11-10-2017, 03:40 PM
    Pezz
    I wondered why the scale had my boys so light when they seemed bigger. Bonnie is a big girl so i trusted it on her.

• 11-10-2017, 03:42 PM
    Eric Alan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    (WAY off topic but i LOVE your new avatar!!! :))

LOL - Thanks!
  • 11-10-2017, 03:43 PM
    Pezz
    Quote:

Yup did all that, I work as a chef so i know a fair amount about scales. It was dieing batteries and calibration was off. Also gummy bears tend not to move too much lol.

• 11-10-2017, 03:53 PM
    Eric Alan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Pezz View Post
    Yup did all that, I work as a chef so i know a fair amount about scales. It was dieing batteries and calibration was off. Also gummy bears tend not to move too much lol.

Well, I was born in the 80s, so I know a fair amount about Gummy Bears. They're always marching along, bouncing here and there and everywhere. :rolleye2:
  • 11-10-2017, 03:55 PM
    Pezz
    Quote:

Well, I was born in the 80s, so I know a fair amount about Gummy Bears. They're always marching along, bouncing here and there and everywhere. :rolleye2:

Rofl. My sides hurt, the wife gave me a funny look and asked why i was laughing so hard.

• 11-10-2017, 04:25 PM
    SDA
    US Nickel. Do not ask me where I know this because I will deny ever learning it if you do. A US nickel weighs 5 grams. That's a perfect calibration.

Don't tell me you can't get a US nickel up in Canada land either because I am still getting your money down here in Tennessee all the time!

Your loonie weighs 6.27 grams if 2012 or newer so you can use that as a calibration source.