Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,355

4 members and 1,351 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,573
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
  • 04-17-2009, 04:35 PM
    Royal Morphz
    A email I got from my Rep in Nevada
    Dear Timothy:

Thank you for sharing your concerns with me. As your representative, I always enjoy hearing from you on issues that you are passionate about. Your opinions and comments are very important to me and I will keep your views in mind when I vote on issues that are of value to you.

If you have further concerns or recommendations, please do not hesitate to contact my office or visit my website at http://berkley.house.gov.

Sincerely,
    SHELLEY BERKLEY
    Member of Congress

If you would like to receive periodic email updates on issues that concern you, please sign up on my website at http://berkley.house.gov.
  • 04-17-2009, 04:41 PM
    stratus_020202
    Re: A email I got from my Rep in Nevada
    Ok. So, does this mean she is going to help, or just a, "thank you for your time, I have other things to do." That's interesting.
  • 04-17-2009, 04:43 PM
    LadyOhh
    Quote:

Originally Posted by stratus_020202 View Post
    Ok. So, does this mean she is going to help, or just a, "thank you for your time, I have other things to do." That's interesting.

Looks to me like a cookie cutter response...

But at least she acknowledged you. :)
  • 04-17-2009, 04:46 PM
    2kdime
    Looks like the same "automatic computer" response I got from my Representative.
  • 04-17-2009, 04:48 PM
    mainbutter
    They probably compile all the responses they get over a period of time before making any final judgements on how to vote on issues they are unsure of how their supporters feel.

MASSIVE organization from pet lovers will get their attention. One letter at a time guys :)
  • 04-17-2009, 04:57 PM
    stratus_020202
    At least you got a response, I have nothing. One e-mail sent every day forever, and nothing. No radio respones, government, tv stations, nothing. Do you think it's because i'm using a Yahoo e-mail address? I've heard a lot of systems will block those.
  • 04-17-2009, 04:59 PM
    Royal Morphz
    Yes it looks like a mass email but in the subject bar she clearly states she is against HR 669
  • 04-17-2009, 05:01 PM
    stratus_020202
    What title bar? where is that?
  • 04-17-2009, 05:03 PM
    MarkS
    It's not a bad response, at least it's a response. My boys and many of their friends have written letters to their congressmen and have received back anything from cookie cutter responses like that one to hand written letters on personal stationary.

BTW: if anyone has any boy scouts in the house, writing a letter to their congressman is one of the requirements for their citizenship merit badge. You might want to get those scouts and others in their troop cranking out a few letters too.
  • 04-17-2009, 05:08 PM
    Royal Morphz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by stratus_020202 View Post
    What title bar? where is that?

that would be the subject line on the email you would see it here