Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,616

3 members and 1,613 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

jpriebe2 (44)

» Stats

Members: 75,143
Threads: 248,588
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jennifer660

? & a tip

Printable View

• 05-27-2009, 07:47 PM
    BPMIKE
    ? & a tip
    Tip first.I am sure most of you know this.Just in case try your local craigs list for free refrigerators to convert into an incubator.Just went and picked mine up and have gutted it.It is ready for the conversion.Now the?What do you use to make the hole in the frig for your cords to go through.I know it has to be drilled but I have never seen a drill bit big enough.Also I believe the case is plastic.Help please!
    Thanks!Mike.
  • 05-28-2009, 10:17 AM
    Boanerges
    Re: ? & a tip
    I used a mini fridge and when I took the little freezer part out of it (along with the probe/cords) I used to the hole that was already there to run the cords from the freezer part to outside the fridge. Do you have a pic of the inside of your fridge?
  • 05-28-2009, 10:19 AM
    Freakie_frog
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BPMIKE View Post
    Now the?What do you use to make the hole in the frig for your cords to go through.I know it has to be drilled but I have never seen a drill bit big enough.Also I believe the case is plastic.Help please!
    Thanks!Mike.

How big are your cords?? I just used a 3/8" drill bit. For mine
  • 05-28-2009, 11:17 AM
    Shadera
    Check your local restaurant supply shop, too. I got an old used, but perfectly serviceable for an awesome incubator, hot box from them for free. The thing's huge. Made completely of SS so it's very easy to clean and keep sterile, and it has a glass front door so I can see in.
  • 05-28-2009, 11:24 AM
    FatBoy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
    Check your local restaurant supply shop, too. I got an old used, but perfectly serviceable for an awesome incubator, hot box from them for free. The thing's huge. Made completely of SS so it's very easy to clean and keep sterile, and it has a glass front door so I can see in.

Wow...would love to see pics of this. Use some holes that are already there, you will find one.
  • 05-31-2009, 02:00 PM
    BPMIKE
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Boanerges View Post
    I used a mini fridge and when I took the little freezer part out of it (along with the probe/cords) I used to the hole that was already there to run the cords from the freezer part to outside the fridge. Do you have a pic of the inside of your fridge?

Yep already holes there found them after I gutted the frig.I,ll post pics of b4 and after Waiting for the flexwatt. Thanks everyone!
    Mike.
  • 05-31-2009, 02:10 PM
    shadraak
    so when you guys do this do you just run the tape around the sides, or do you do the top /back/bottom as well? i've got a few people here looking for one i can use and then i'll be doing one as well, i love the hovabator i got dont get me wrong but this way i can do corns if i ever get them and maybe even get a few done so i can do diff inc's for diff sexes/projects etc.