Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,321

1 members and 3,320 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
  • 07-16-2019, 01:15 AM
    sheltonrouse
    Little update on him, is that he is doing much better. Spending normal time in water and burrowing around. He is still pretty calm which is good. From last vet visit we decided to go with injections instead of oral. The symptoms are fading fast and he seems to be doing better. At the moment the only concern the vet and i have is feeding. I want to try and see if he will take live before asking the vet about forced feeding. Of course since i dont have experience doing this, the vet will. But hopefully it wont come to that. He did recommend keeping the temp a tad higher for medication for a while, so today will lower it to a more comfortable setting like SMTHook said.
  • 07-17-2019, 03:07 AM
    SMTHook
    Re: Questions about new Viper Boa
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sheltonrouse View Post
    Little update on him, is that he is doing much better. Spending normal time in water and burrowing around. He is still pretty calm which is good. From last vet visit we decided to go with injections instead of oral. The symptoms are fading fast and he seems to be doing better. At the moment the only concern the vet and i have is feeding. I want to try and see if he will take live before asking the vet about forced feeding. Of course since i dont have experience doing this, the vet will. But hopefully it wont come to that. He did recommend keeping the temp a tad higher for medication for a while, so today will lower it to a more comfortable setting like SMTHook said.

That's good news. It took me a lot of trial and error to get to thriving. I'd take it down slow. Below 90 for sure though, that should be the absolute highest.
  • 07-17-2019, 07:08 AM
    Reinz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sheltonrouse View Post

Glad to hear the good news!
  • 08-11-2019, 09:57 AM
    lew-e
    Any more updates on this guy? Looks like such a cool snake!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk