Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,240

1 members and 3,239 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Help, urgent

Printable View

• 12-06-2019, 12:04 PM
    Ditto
    Help, urgent
    I just checked on my new guy this morning and he's hardly moving, he's alive but it seems like barely, I tried feeding him last night for the first time since his regurge and he wouldn't eat. He seemed sluggish but not like this, I'm so upset I don't know what to do, please help!!! Any and all suggestions are welcome, I need help

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
  • 12-06-2019, 12:06 PM
    Ditto
    Re: Help, urgent
    Oh god I don't know if he's breathing any more, he's completely limp I don't know what happened

• 12-06-2019, 12:48 PM
    EL-Ziggy
    No idea what's wrong with your critter Ditto. Any chance you can get him to a vet quickly? I hope he recovers.
  • 12-06-2019, 01:23 PM
    Ditto
    Quote:

Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
    No idea what's wrong with your critter Ditto. Any chance you can get him to a vet quickly? I hope he recovers.

Thank you. Sadly he passed shortly after I posted, my closest vet that would have seen him is about an hour away so I doubt we could have made it in time. I really don't know what happened, he's acted completely normally since I got him and he was only without food for about three weeks, which is a while since he's small and he was getting pretty skinny but he never looked skinny enough that I was concerned for his life.. I don't know, but I'm completely heartbroken. I can't believe I let something like this happen again, I think I need to take a big step back and not get any more reptiles for a long time, I just don't think I can do this again

• 12-06-2019, 01:45 PM
    wnateg
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
    I just checked on my new guy this morning and he's hardly moving, he's alive but it seems like barely, I tried feeding him last night for the first time since his regurge and he wouldn't eat. He seemed sluggish but not like this, I'm so upset I don't know what to do, please help!!! Any and all suggestions are welcome, I need help

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
    Thank you. Sadly he passed shortly after I posted, my closest vet that would have seen him is about an hour away so I doubt we could have made it in time. I really don't know what happened, he's acted completely normally since I got him and he was only without food for about three weeks, which is a while since he's small and he was getting pretty skinny but he never looked skinny enough that I was concerned for his life.. I don't know, but I'm completely heartbroken. I can't believe I let something like this happen again, I think I need to take a big step back and not get any more reptiles for a long time, I just don't think I can do this again

I'm far from an expert, but I know regurges can kill a snake. But it could've been a lot of other things too.

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself; it very likely may not have been your fault. Hopefully you were quarantining, in case it was some disease.
  • 12-06-2019, 02:02 PM
    bcr229
    Based on your other posts, you've had this snake for less than a month and you got it from a high-volume seller. Put the body in the refrigerator - NOT THE FREEZER - and get it to the vet for a necropsy ASAP to ensure it didn't have something contagious.
  • 12-06-2019, 05:49 PM
    dr del
    So Sorry to hear this. :tears:
  • 12-06-2019, 06:01 PM
    Craiga 01453
    So sorry for your loss. R.I.P. sweet snake.
  • 12-06-2019, 06:33 PM
    AbsoluteApril
    There was nothing you could have done at the point you found this morning, they are so good at hiding illness. I'm so sorry for your loss.
    I also a agree if you have the time and funds, a necropsy will help put your mind at ease about what happened and ensure there's nothing that can pass to other animals.
    Hang in there.
  • 12-06-2019, 07:59 PM
    Reinz
    Sorry for your loss. :( I hope you don’t blame yourself.