Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,173

2 members and 3,171 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey

Breeding project poll

Printable View

• 12-16-2018, 02:18 AM
    Toad37
    Breeding project poll
    I want to start getting into breeding. Its too late this year to breed my bps but I am going to next year. But I wanna try breeding something else too. There's a lot of bp breeders out there and because of that there's a lot of readily available bps and other common snakes like colubrids and boas.

I would like to hear from you guys and gals what u would like to see more of. I'm not trying to take over the breeding world by any means but there are less common snakes like the dwarf island boas for example. I want to try to breed things that aren't being bred commonly and I was wanting some advise and input on what people are looking for as far as uncommon snake breeds.
  • 12-16-2018, 04:08 AM
    redshepherd
    Well, the reason why bp's and boas are commonly bred is also because they are that popular and there's a large market for them.

If you want to get into really uncommon species, there isn't really a "what people are looking for", because the market for those is smaller and specialized in the first place. Hardcore collectors/keepers and also other breeders looking to breed the same species.

There's a lot of things you can go for, it just depends on what you're passionate about. If you don't already know them, you can look up DM Exotics and Zerkle Reptiles, those are two breeders who focus on the more unusual species, and they're quite popular.

Naming a few genera that I like: drymarchon, pytas, and elaphe!
  • 12-16-2018, 07:02 PM
    tttaylorrr
    Re: Breeding project poll
    Eastern Indigos!!! i want that to be my next Colubrid. [emoji3]
  • 12-16-2018, 08:42 PM
    Godzilla78
    Russian rat snakes.
  • 12-16-2018, 09:50 PM
    Dianne
    Re: Breeding project poll
    Cuban boas for me because I can’t find anybody with them. :(