Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,241

3 members and 3,238 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
  • 01-22-2018, 05:25 PM
    Caali
    Why Is The Bamboo Morph Not Popular?
    I've been wondering why the Bamboo ball pythons are not as popular as many of the other morphs. When I first decided to get a ball python, I actually wanted a Bamboo ball python but couldn't find even one (there were very few from very sketchy breeder but I didn't want to buy from them since I've heard a lot of bad things).
    Personally I find the Bamboo morph very appealing and I think there are some beautiful combos out there. So to any breeders or just ball python lovers: Is there any specific reason why Bamboos are not that liked? Is breeding difficult or are the combos just not special? Is the maybe that they're just not in demand?
    I'd love to hear opinions.
  • 01-22-2018, 05:37 PM
    Hannahshissyfix
    Re: Why Is The Bamboo Morph Not Popular?
    I think theyre very popular but many people are waiting for them to go down in cost, especially people like me that collect the BEL complex morphs but can make an equally white snake without such an expensive base morph. If I were going for other combos with them then I would have a few. I see them at every expo and theyre always online so maybe you just arent too familiar with the common BP resources.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
  • 01-22-2018, 05:39 PM
    SDA
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Caali View Post
    they're just not in demand

I think you answered your own question. Snake morphs, like fashion is irrational and fickle. One day every 7 year old wants a blue eyed leucistic then the next year everyone will want a pure black snake.
  • 01-22-2018, 05:41 PM
    Ax01
    Morphmarket has listed 322 Bamboo and Bamboo combos to have been sold including 3 Super's. they currently have 207 listed. personally i think those are good numbers.

they have a special glow and to me, look like the end game of a buncha different morphs. i think their price were outta range for most, but prices are going down. i think there will be more Bamboo's on the market in the next year or two as the previous generation are still maturing and will be breeding soon. if there is any reason why they might not be popular, my hunch is it's b/c they are a BEL complex animal and produce white snakes so u can't work them into other animals in the same family of genes. me, i love BEL complex and white snakes tho and still want a Bamboo tho. :)
  • 01-22-2018, 05:44 PM
    Eric Alan
    Mostly this: One size does not fit all.

Also, it's a relatively new morph. Just a few years ago they were well above the average person's price range. More is being done with them now that more people are working with them.

For me? I like contrast and color! There are very few Bamboo combos that deliver in either of these areas.
  • 01-22-2018, 05:44 PM
    Caali
    Quote:

Originally Posted by HannahLou View Post
    I think theyre very popular but many people are waiting for them to go down in cost, especially people like me that collect the BEL complex morphs but can make an equally white snake without such an expensive base morph. If I were going for other combos with them then I would have a few. I see them at every expo and theyre always online so maybe you just arent too familiar with the common BP resources.

I live in Germany so the breeders here are a bit more rare. That might be the reason...
  • 01-22-2018, 05:46 PM
    Hannahshissyfix
    Quote:

I live in Germany so the breeders here are a bit more rare. That might be the reason...

Oh well that could make a huge difference!

• 01-22-2018, 05:48 PM
    Ax01
    Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by HannahLou View Post
    Oh well that could make a huge difference!

follow a big breeder like Bob Clark who attends and vendors at international shows. she works w/ Bamboo's and has beautiful animals.

Edit: well looky that, Bob is making 4 appearances in Germany this year. the 1st being in March: http://bobclark.com/shows.html
  • 01-22-2018, 05:55 PM
    SKK_Reptiles
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    Edit: well looky that, Bob is making 4 appearances in Germany this year. the 1st being in March: http://bobclark.com/shows.html

I believe those were 2017 shows

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  • 01-22-2018, 05:58 PM
    Ax01
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    follow a big breeder like Bob Clark who attends and vendors at international shows. she works w/ Bamboo's and has beautiful animals.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKK_Reptiles View Post
    I believe those were 2017 shows

lol good eye! i think i need a new 2018 kitty kat calendar to keep my days and years straight.

Edit: Bob and Dynasty Reptiles both work w/ Bamboos and ship internationally. they might have a minimum order tho. u should still check em out.