Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,157

0 members and 3,157 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey

Tarahumara newcomers

Printable View

• 04-30-2020, 01:06 AM
    Krj2501
    Re: Tarahumara newcomers
    Awesome - I love the look & size of Tarahumara Boas. I am actually considering getting a pair in the future.
  • 05-15-2020, 10:12 PM
    Caitlin
    Just a quick update photo of the lovely Freda as she checks out the camera earlier today. Both babies are still hissy little asses when I first pick them up, but always settle down almost immediately. Once settled, they are just a delight to handle - slow, gentle, and not shy. I have a feeling these two are going to grow into fantastic snakes in the "nice to hang out with" category, which I do enjoy.
    [IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/gallery/fil...may_2020_3.jpg[/IMG]
  • 05-16-2020, 01:01 AM
    richardhind1972
    Great new pick up, look forward to seeing the progression

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  • 06-10-2020, 05:07 PM
    Caitlin
    Here's Paco, the male of this pair. He and Freda just turned 9 months old. He was still hissy in his enclosure but a real pleasure to handle once he was out. After hanging out on this perch for awhile as I did enclosure cleaning, I extended my hand to him and he climbed up my arm without hesitation. I'm just really enjoying these little Boas.

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/gallery/fil.../paco_june.jpg[/IMG]
  • 06-10-2020, 05:19 PM
    richardhind1972
    Very nice indeed, really glad he's settling for you

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  • 06-10-2020, 05:24 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Caitlin View Post
    Here's Paco, the male of this pair....After hanging out on this perch for awhile as I did enclosure cleaning, I extended my hand to him and he climbed up my arm without hesitation. I'm just really enjoying these little Boas...

That's so cute when snakes do that. :D What's not to love?
  • 06-10-2020, 07:17 PM
    Reptile$ 4 Life
    That's great! Glad he's warming up to you.
  • 10-11-2020, 01:05 PM
    ctenosaura
    I got my male from Mike Beach also so this is the brother of yours lol. Mines not hissy and real sweet but hides a lot only keeping its head sticking out of the cave entrance. https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/SkPLgp7.jpg
  • 11-12-2020, 04:01 PM
    Nick_MD
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ctenosaura View Post
    I got my male from Mike Beach also so this is the brother of yours lol. Mines not hissy and real sweet but hides a lot only keeping its head sticking out of the cave entrance.

Mine does the same thing in her upgraded enclosure (4x2x2). Whenever I put her back in the enclosure, she immediately climbs back to her hide up on the shelf on the cool side. She has 4 hides to choose from, 2 types of substrate, and various types of cover - but all she wants to do is go back to the same hide and sit there with her head sticking out. Rarely, she'll perch for a bit with her head looking down, but she's shown 0 interest in exploring her new mansion. She's eating fine, no longer hisses, and is calm as can be when held. I'm wondering if they ever get very curious or active.

Do those of you with older Tarahumaras find that they hide a lot? Curious if this is something they grow out of or do they stay mostly inactive?
  • 11-12-2020, 06:49 PM
    Caitlin
    I missed the photo of Paco and Freda's brother! We are snake family now!

At just over a year old, these little ones are very calm and sweet now. I'm very glad to have them. I suspect that the lack of exploration may be due to enclosure size; when mine were in their baby tubs they were out and about a lot more.