Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,385

2 members and 3,383 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Sacramento Reptile Show

Printable View

• 08-22-2009, 02:01 AM
    Elise.m
    Sacramento Reptile Show
    I've been reading so much about Daytona, I just can't wait to go to the Sacramento one! Daytona sounds much more fun though!!

Are any BP.net'ers gonna be there? Anyone setting up tables? From what I've read about it, it's pretty small. Even though Sac is the Capital, we're nuthin' compared to LA! I'm curious as to how big it'll be, and how good it'll be. If good at all.

Anyone ever been?
  • 08-22-2009, 02:03 AM
    Kesslers Kreatures
    Re: Sacramento Reptile Show
    Ive never been but someday I would love to check it out. I am excited for anaheim NARBC... Its like 2 weeks away maybe 3 something like that.
  • 08-22-2009, 03:22 AM
    Dalishar
    I went last year, and am definitely going again this year.

If I recall correctly, it was a little bit smaller than the San Jose show (if you've been to that one.). Sac was my first show, so unfortunately I was a little too awed to remember more than a general, "Ohh! Look at all the pretty snakes!". :P

So far as ball pythons go, there were a lot of normals (some of which were drop-dead gorgeous) but not so many morphs. Only a spider at one table and a cinnamon at another, that I noticed. They were all I was interested in at the time, so the other critters went mostly unnoticed.

Should be a good time either way :gj:.
  • 08-22-2009, 01:14 PM
    Elise.m
    Unfortunately Anaheim is too far away for us. I wanted to go to the San Jose show, but we went hiking that day, and were too sore to go anywhere the next day, lol. Hopefully there will be a few more morphs there this year. I'm kinda hoping to get an Axanthic!
  • 09-04-2009, 10:20 PM
    Lolo76
    I'm planning to go, unless something else comes up... it's about a 90-minute drive from here, but hopefully will be worth it! :gj:
  • 09-10-2009, 01:45 AM
    Carzy Driver
    I'll be heading up on Sunday. I just hope it'll be better than the SJ show..
  • 09-22-2009, 07:35 PM
    Lolo76
    I'm still planning to go on Saturday, and have been putting aside a little money - just in case I see something I can't live without. ;)

If anyone's going on Saturday from the Bay Area, let me know if you'd like to carpool! It would be nice to have company on the ride, since my friend who was supposed to go isn't coming. Just shoot me a PM if you're interested... I'll be leaving from San Francisco probably around 12-1pm (I'm not a morning person, LOL).
  • 09-26-2009, 05:36 PM
    Elise.m
    I was planning on going Saturday, but my BF's work threw him a curveball and made him work a 12 hour Friday night shift. So I'll be going Sunday. Let us know how it is!
  • 09-27-2009, 05:11 AM
    Lolo76
    I didn't make it either... still trying to decide if it's worth going tomorrow (Sunday). Did anyone go yet?
  • 09-27-2009, 09:25 PM
    Elise.m
    We went today!!! It reminded me why I don't like to go out to places with a mass amount of people...

Other than everyone pushing their way in front of people and standing in front of a table for 3-4 mins with barely getting a peek, it was pretty cool. Alot of people were there, I'm pretty sure all the vendor spaces were taken. We picked up one snake, I'll reveal it in 5 days after I let it settle in. We were also able to talk to the same breeder we got our Lemon Pastel from and purchase a snake from him. That one won't be here for a while, they just hatched and haven't shed or eaten, so we're waiting til he gets a few meals in him.

Overall it was pretty neat. Alot of kids and older people, which was great. They had an education booth, so hopefully it spread some good information out to the masses.

The one thing I didn't like, we looked at LLLReptiles booth, and they had a boa that was trying to make it's way out. So much that he had rubbed his nose raw. He almost got out so they put some rubber bands on his deli cup container. I think they should have taken him off the table, obviously he was really stressed. Their booth was pretty messy also.