Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,288

1 members and 3,287 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Ovulation?

Printable View

• 07-24-2020, 03:27 PM
    EHBP
    Ovulation?
    Does this look like ovulation? Didn’t notice much of a tail suck. She shed about a month ago and about a week ago, she was laying sort of inverted/on her side. Now she is in shed again (a month later) and is seeking the warm side. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...3085ee2f08.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 07-24-2020, 03:34 PM
    EHBP
    Re: Ovulation?
    I should have added that this picture was taken about 3 to 4 weeks ago
  • 07-24-2020, 11:03 PM
    dr del
    Hmm,

I'd say that looks more like a "build" than full ovulation - but being glued to the hot side is a good sign.

If she were mine I would probably try palpating to get a feel for what is going on ( there are videos on youtube and a t-shirt can make the process easier ).

The difference you are feeling for is that follicles are hard and relatively easier to feel where as eggs are larger but squishy and can be hard to distinguish.

If she has ovulated the eggs will move closer to her vent as laying time is close. So when her back third or so is swollen, round, and generally being found in wierd contorsions it is time to fine tune the incubator.

del
  • 07-25-2020, 11:02 AM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    Quote:

Originally Posted by EHBP View Post
    I should have added that this picture was taken about 3 to 4 weeks ago

It's often hard to tell whether or not an animal is ovulating based on a picture especially with that angle.

If this was 3 or 4 weeks ago and it was indeed an ovulation, you should have seen a pre-lay shed 14 days after that picture and by now you can actually see the eggs when holding your female in front of you.

Here is a little test, hold the female in front of you stretched out looking at her profile tail up and head down, than revert that position tail down and head up, you should see the eggs moving if indeed gravid.
  • 07-26-2020, 03:32 PM
    EHBP
    Ok ill try that out! Thanks for the info!