Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,195

0 members and 3,195 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97

Pattern or ?

Printable View

• 03-04-2020, 03:19 PM
    chabroo
    Pattern or ?
    I recently obtained this beauty of unknown genetics. After putting him under blacklight I noticed what seems like splotches of maybe a chemical or even dried shed. I attempted to wipe off a couple spots but nothing comes offs. I really don't think this is a pattern but have no idea what else it could be. Will it fade after some sheds you think?

https://imgur.com/a/xS90JbMhttps://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach....com/a/xS90JbM
  • 03-04-2020, 05:20 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    Re: Pattern or ?
    A better question is what does the animal looks like in broad daylight?
  • 03-04-2020, 05:38 PM
    chabroo
    Beautiful solid white. Though, he's turning a little pinkish, think he's getting ready to shed again. No head discoloration, no visible yellowing of any sorts. He and his sister seemed really dehydrated when I got them. So, my best guess is dried skin. I didn't want to overrub to find out. Thanks for the reply!

I'll get some better shots with something less than a decade old phone and report back :)
  • 03-04-2020, 07:29 PM
    Lord Sorril
    That is neat!

Rodent urine glows under UV light. Soaps/Detergents/Chemicals containing Phosphorous will also glow under UV.

I checked some of my snakes and did not see anything similar to that pictured. Maybe you have a lucky UV reactive snake :)

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/4GcyqrP.jpg
  • 03-04-2020, 08:36 PM
    chabroo
    Your snek looks awesome under blacklight! Thanks for the feedback!

I've had him for a little over two weeks now. How long would urine last on the skin? Would it stain it? I've dug everywhere and not really finding any info or comparisons I can use. I suppose after several sheds I should have a much better idea if it's permanent. If it is a pattern it's super funky!
  • 03-07-2020, 12:46 AM
    dr del
    What info on the pairing that produced it when you bought it?

Did they say what they thought it was?
  • 03-09-2020, 12:04 AM
    chabroo
    No, they had no idea. Coudn't tell me anything. That said.. shortly after this his eyes clouded up and seems to be going through shed. I noticed a rough patch that matched one of the splotches in visible light. But the others can't be wiped off or seen in visible light. I do know the pair both seemed to have had a rough shed with it stuck all over them when I got them several weeks ago. So, my assumption is the pattern is just poor skin conditions. I might have to wait several sheds to get a better idea :)
  • 03-10-2020, 11:35 AM
    chabroo