
- Forum
» Site Navigation
2 members and 987 guests
Most users ever online was 54,199, 06-29-2026 at 02:43 AM.
» Today's Birthdays
» Stats
Members: 76,141
Threads: 249,278
Posts: 2,573,138
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
|
-
Water Bowl Ideas
Hey guys, I'm looking for a big water bowl for my full grown Hog Island Boa female. There is a pet store nearby selling a water bowl for $30. It looks like 3 inches high, 12 inches diameter.
I thought I'd post here to see what you guys use and hopefully something that is reasonable than $30! :)
-
I use a cat litter tub from walmart for my Yellow anaconda, and shes only about 6-7 ft right now. Might work perfect for you!!
-
Cat litter pans or bus boy tubs from the local dollar store. ;)
-
Re: Water Bowl Ideas
Quote:
Originally Posted by digizure
Hey guys, I'm looking for a big water bowl for my full grown Hog Island Boa female. There is a pet store nearby selling a water bowl for $30. It looks like 3 inches high, 12 inches diameter.
I thought I'd post here to see what you guys use and hopefully something that is reasonable than $30! :)
The weight is what you want to go by. Something she won't tip easy.
-
Cat litter pan huh? Not a bad idea. Have your boa ever tip that over?
-
Water Bowl Ideas
I use $2 dish washing tubs from the dollar store for my big BCI girl. She hasn't tipped it yet.
-
I use those heavy crock dog bowls. Unless you have a water snake, they don't need to be big enough to soak in.
-
Re: Water Bowl Ideas
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnotixdmp
I use a cat litter tub from walmart for my Yellow anaconda, and shes only about 6-7 ft right now. Might work perfect for you!!
Stole my suggestion! Lol I x2 this.
-
Re: Water Bowl Ideas
Get something she can completely soak in. As for tipping.. Bigger bowl = more water = more weight. Shouldn't be an issue.
-
Re: Water Bowl Ideas
I've seen some people post they use cement mixing tubs from lowes/home depot. I'm sure a small one would suffice.
-
Water Bowl Ideas
I get large water bowls from fleet farm, any farm supply store should carry a selection of large heavy duty plastic watering bowls for livestock
-
Re: Water Bowl Ideas
I use Sterilite or Rubbermaid tubs for my boas, get one that isn't very tall but has a large footprint, and fill it about 1/3 full. The weight of the water will keep it stable.
I've thought about using a smaller mud mixing tub but since the top is wider than the base I figured that an active snake might just dump it. I really like them for hides though since they're cheap and durable.
-
Thanks for the input guys. The hunt begins.
-
No she's never tipped it over at all or cone close to it!!! Its good because it has a big surface area inside so it weighs itself down properly.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
|