today i atteped to pop my bp, it was really hard, do i roll it hard? and what pops out, is it the males penis? or tests? and is it the females ovaries? im curious
08-03-2012, 11:31 PM
Alexandra V
Personally I've never been good at popping snakes, but I'm sure if you get someone experienced to show you ho then you'll be able to pick it up.
As for what it is that you see, if you pop a male then the hemipenes (the male's two penises) will pop out. If nothing pops out, or two very small nubs, then it's a female.
08-03-2012, 11:35 PM
ExotixTowing
Your best to have someone show/walk you through it,
Seeing it one then doing I makes it easier
08-03-2012, 11:46 PM
JaGv
Re: Why Is This So Hard!
you might want to check out some how to sex snakes videos on youtube. thats how i learned
08-03-2012, 11:48 PM
xXCleoPatraXx
Re: Why Is This So Hard!
i did lol
08-04-2012, 12:12 AM
DooLittle
What ever you do, be careful if you don't know what your doing.....
Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
08-04-2012, 12:52 AM
WmHrbst
Re: Why Is This So Hard!
I am a huge supporter of probing. You should look into it, I find it much easier than trying to pop a snake. Just my opinion :)
08-04-2012, 04:41 PM
copperarabian
Rather then popping I let someone very experienced probe them for me :)
08-04-2012, 04:57 PM
1nstinct
I'm self taught popper. It is easy to do it once you know your own personal technique. I tried the push method(moving thumb toward the cloaca) and could not get anything. Used Ralph Davis method of rolling your thumb(like a tube of toothpaste) and it works amazing! Easiest way is to take a male that you know is a male, and try, it helps you gauge how much pressure you need. Once you do it a few times you will be a pro.
I also learned how to probe snakes long before I ever popped one.
Watch RD videos and it will help a lot.
08-04-2012, 05:11 PM
4Ballz
I would hate to see ovaries come out....:O
08-04-2012, 08:02 PM
don15681
Re: Why Is This So Hard!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Ballz
I would hate to see ovaries come out....:O
agreed, if you want to see ovaries, buy an ultrasound :rolleyes:
08-04-2012, 09:44 PM
Reesy
Re: Why Is This So Hard!
If you haven't been taught how to pop your snakes by somebody who is proficient at it, then you should not try it by yourself. You can cause serious injuries if you do not do it correctly. example.. prolapsed hemipene. That is a hemipene that won't retract. There is a good chance that this will have to be corrected with surgery.