Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,070

0 members and 1,070 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Aag2019 (31)

» Stats

Members: 75,199
Threads: 248,610
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Lilly24601

Keeping threads on topic

Printable View

• 04-01-2012, 09:28 AM
    serpent fan
    Keeping threads on topic
    Too bad it cant happen here
  • 04-01-2012, 09:54 AM
    OhhWatALoser
    Re: Keeping threads on topic
    A few things for you, your letting one person in particular make up your idea about the whole forum.

You contribute to the problem by responding, you're just as at fault. Stop responding and then the problem magically goes away or stop making ANOTHER thread with an open invitation to continue it.

You broke the TOS of that thread multiple times and a lot of the things you said were out of line.

Your acting like a baby. Stop it. You're making the forum look bad.
  • 04-01-2012, 10:07 AM
    serpent fan
    A few things for you

If was more a whole bunch of people
    I tried several times to figure out the op problem, asked for more pics, but it was lost in the sea of peni$
    If you dont want to see this thread dont post
    Eat me
  • 04-01-2012, 10:13 AM
    serpent fan
    I stopeed respondng to pm's sent by another user, 3 more have come in
    I stoped responding for abit on the thread, yet it kept comming.
    Before you make this community look more incompetent, take a step back and re read the situation.
    People have their heads so far up their butts these days they dont even realize their being jerks.
    Since your bringing an other thread back up....
    Re read that, how many people tried to help the op, after the point was made..
    1 other girl did, but it was drowned out in morons
  • 04-01-2012, 10:15 AM
    serpent fan
    And my responses were childish, yes, but so were the posters not helping and literally looking like a typed version of a broken record.
    After 12 pages a point is made, but that doesnt make the forum look bad???

I feel like you dont know what the heck your talking about, so piss off wanker
  • 04-01-2012, 10:16 AM
    ballpythonluvr
    You have a very bad attitude. Another, thing you are going to earn some infractions for your choice of words. Just sayin'.
  • 04-01-2012, 10:38 AM
    OhhWatALoser
    Quote:

Originally Posted by serpent fan View Post
    A few things for you

I tried several times to figure out the op problem, asked for more pics, but it was lost in the sea of peni$
    Eat me

Just pointing out what a hypocrite you are.

Quote:

I stopeed respondng to pm's sent by another user, 3 more have come in
    I stoped responding for abit on the thread, yet it kept comming.
    Before you make this community look more incompetent, take a step back and re read the situation.
    People have their heads so far up their butts these days they dont even realize their being jerks.
    Since your bringing an other thread back up....
    Re read that, how many people tried to help the op, after the point was made..
    1 other girl did, but it was drowned out in morons

This thread exists, so no you did not stop.

As for the other thread, unless I missed something....The OP got his answer multiple times, its not an enchi, end of story you do not need better pictures to see that. He claimed RDR backed up his claim it was an enchi, but did not provide proof then faded away. So he's either a scammer, or he was clueless before and now he has his answer so he faded away. That part of the thread ended quick.

Quote:

And my responses were childish, yes, but so were the posters not helping and literally looking like a typed version of a broken record.

Again with the hypocrisy. Also here a little reading for you. TOS

also one last thing... U mad bro?
  • 04-01-2012, 10:39 AM
    serpent fan
    Ive already asked the admins to cancell my account.
    A few other people are already getting infractions as well, so thats fine.
    Ive gotten more help on other forums, tbh, only a few people have been helpful, they know who they are.
    Its not crazy to expect my attiitude to be foul considering everything....
  • 04-01-2012, 11:08 AM
    Skiploder
    Quote:

Ive already asked the admins to cancell my account.
    A few other people are already getting infractions as well, so thats fine.
    Ive gotten more help on other forums, tbh, only a few people have been helpful, they know who they are.
    Its not crazy to expect my attiitude to be foul considering everything....

Then why the hell are you still posting here?
  • 04-01-2012, 11:11 AM
    serpent fan
    If people are going to continue to talk ill keep backing mine up..
    Why the hell are you so concerned?
  • 04-01-2012, 11:14 AM
    serpent fan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Skiploder View Post

Why do you even care? Does it bother yyou, and i aggrivating you or somthing, have i stamped out any of your personal liberties slim fought so hard to obtain for you
  • 04-01-2012, 11:16 AM
    ballpythonluvr
    Quote:

Exactly! If you want to so called delete your account why are you still posting? And for your information, you CANNOT delete your account. That is not the way it works. You simply log out of the fourm and never come back.
  • 04-01-2012, 11:29 AM
    serpent fan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ballpythonluvr View Post
    Exactly! If you want to so called delete your account why are you still posting? And for your information, you CANNOT delete your account. That is not the way it works. You simply log out of the fourm and never come back.

Ballpython lover, you too, why are you so concerned, this is a thread on keeping threads on topic, and your getting it off topic..
  • 04-01-2012, 11:32 AM
    serpent fan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    Just pointing out what a hypocrite you are.

This thread exists, so no you did not stop.

As for the other thread, unless I missed something....The OP got his answer multiple times, its not an enchi, end of story you do not need better pictures to see that. He claimed RDR backed up his claim it was an enchi, but did not provide proof then faded away. So he's either a scammer, or he was clueless before and now he has his answer so he faded away. That part of the thread ended quick.

Again with the hypocrisy. Also here a little reading for you. TOS

also one last thing... U mad bro?

Really, this is a thread on stayin on topic, i made no first reference of that topic, i think you did.
    And yes, op got their answer, stop blowing their thread up.
    Heres an idea, make your own thread...wait ill do it
  • 04-01-2012, 11:34 AM
    serpent fan
    Theres now a grammer and spelling thread, please get out of my thread this is about the keeping posts on topic thread, not whatever your crying about guys THANKS
  • 04-01-2012, 11:42 AM
    Skiploder
    Quote:

Why do you even care? Does it bother yyou, and i aggrivating you or somthing, have i stamped out any of your personal liberties slim fought so hard to obtain for you

You throwing an e-tantrum does nothing but entertain me, and probably several others.

The longer the mods allow you to publicly melt down - the better. I love a good train wreck.

In that sense I DO care. I want this thread to reach 100 pages, with most of that content you lashing out and making an a$$ of yourself.

My original post was simply to point out that if you hate this place so much, and think this place is such a joke, why keep posting?

Don't answer - I already KNOW the answer:

You are severely butt hurt and DO care and DON'T hate this place. You want someone to cuddle you and tell you that all is forgiven. That's why you keep lurking around here, hurt, scared and alone - waiting for someone to bring you in from the cold.

If that is indeed the case, and to save yourself further embarrassment, log off for a few days and come back when your cheeks aren't so freshly chapped and chafed. Exercise some maturity, some self control and some restraint and in a week, most of this mess will be forgotten.
  • 04-01-2012, 11:46 AM
    OhhWatALoser
    I think it's funny that apparently we are supposed to stay on topic about a thread called keeping threads on topic, which the topic is staying on topic, which in reality leaves you with nothing truly on topic to talk about.

Hey skip got any plans this week? Hows breeding season treating you?
  • 04-01-2012, 12:03 PM
    sho220
    Did anyone catch the game on CBS last night? Seems they missed the last couple of seconds because they were showing a replay.
  • 04-01-2012, 12:14 PM
    OhhWatALoser
    no I didn't, something happen int he last few seconds?
  • 04-01-2012, 12:15 PM
    Skiploder
    Quote:

Hows breeding season treating you?

The breeding season has been a disappointment, the wife has just not been in the mood.
  • 04-01-2012, 12:19 PM
    sho220
    Quote:

no I didn't, something happen int he last few seconds?

CBS cut away and was replaying the previous play when they should have been showing the actual game ending...kind of confused everyone...I didn't watch, but read about it this morning. "Directors" should stick to directing TV and movies and just show the darn game as it happens...
  • 04-01-2012, 12:21 PM
    OhhWatALoser
    Quote:

The breeding season has been a disappointment, the wife has just not been in the mood.

i literally lol'd
  • 04-01-2012, 12:22 PM
    OhhWatALoser
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sho220 View Post
    CBS cut away and was replaying the previous play when they should have been showing the actual game ending...kind of confused everyone...I didn't watch, but read about it this morning. "Directors" should stick to directing TV and movies and just show the darn game as it happens...

oo I see, you think it would be common sense not to be showing replays near the end of a game. I could see how that would be confusing.
  • 04-01-2012, 12:32 PM
    serpent fan
    And you guys wonder why ive been such a blank
    This is how you guys have been talking to me for a few days now.
    Keep my thread on topic.
    If you want , do it via pm please and thankyou
  • 04-01-2012, 12:34 PM
    Dave Green
    C'mon man...you're going to need thicker skin to make it in this world...
  • 04-01-2012, 12:40 PM
    serpent fan
    I guess.
    Im a new member, never ment any disrespect,
    I only said that grammer and spelling wasnt that important, and about 13 of your members decided to attack me. Yes, i over reacted, but i was loking for a friendly community, and have not found it here.
    Maybe instead of talking more trash to me, you guys could drop iot, stop fueling the fire, and get a life. All i said initially was you guys should stop hounded an op after 10 pages of saying the exact same thing, each time getting more and more rude, so
    It really shows the quality of people on this forum
  • 04-01-2012, 12:42 PM
    King's Royal Pythons
    Isn't there a thread somewhere on here about the proper care and non-feeding of trolls?:rolleyes:
  • 04-01-2012, 12:43 PM
    serpent fan
    Yes, but it got trolled.
  • 04-01-2012, 12:44 PM
    serpent fan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeandsheleen View Post
    Isn't there a thread somewhere on here about the proper care and non-feeding of trolls?:rolleyes:

Isnt there a rent a date site you should be on
  • 04-01-2012, 12:54 PM
    sho220
    Quote:

Isnt there a rent a date site you should be on

serpent fan...making friends every where he goes...
  • 04-01-2012, 01:00 PM
    sho220
    And if you keep it up, you're gonna get this thread locked...and no one wants that...
  • 04-01-2012, 01:02 PM
    serpent fan
    I do, you will stop trolling it if its locked, right
  • 04-01-2012, 01:06 PM
    serpent fan
    Its funny too, im the troll, but your posting on two seperate threads of mine, trolln pretty hard too...
  • 04-01-2012, 01:12 PM
    sho220
    Quote:

Its funny too, im the troll, but your posting on two seperate threads of mine, trolln pretty hard too...

Just killing time...:gj:
  • 04-01-2012, 01:16 PM
    serpent fan
    You mean trolling....
  • 04-01-2012, 01:16 PM
    Slim
    Quote:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: This is truly funny!!

Quote:

I guess.
    Im a new member, never ment any disrespect,
    I only said that grammer and spelling wasnt that important, and about 13 of your members decided to attack me.

Guess maybe it's more important than you think...

Quote:

serpent fan...making friends every where he goes...

Just like Johnny Appleseed. I like apples. What was this thread about again?
  • 04-01-2012, 01:20 PM
    sho220
    Quote:

You mean trolling....

Thank you for staying on topic...I used to go trolling for Salmon in Colorado...
  • 04-01-2012, 01:21 PM
    sho220
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    What was this thread about again?

Fishing...
  • 04-01-2012, 01:24 PM
    Valentine Pirate
    Not trying to ignite anything, Serpent Fan, but as a member who saw this thread and was wondering what the crap was going on then investigated, I'm going to give you a few outside perspective comments. I am -not- trying to attack, just maybe give you an idea of why you're being poked at. The temptation to join in is high, but I also think you may really not understand why we think this is so amusing.

1) They weren't hounding in the enchi/pastel thread. A few quips were made about the lack of improvement in the OP's manner of communication, but the emphasis was on basic English writing skills being a very important professional part of the hobby. Yes, no one is perfect, but good communication that is understandable is -extremely- important in any situation where money is changing hands, or someone gets upset. There are lots of people on here with this opinion, and being a public forum it isn't just going to be one person who says it. Some make long winded posts, some correct posts that happened, some will simply post their opinion because they want to comment on it. People are people, even on computers.

2) You've got to be prepared to be nit picked at whenever grammar and spelling come up. There's always someone looking for an error (I can bet I'll have a few in this post, but I believe my idea is coming across clearly). Don't take it personally, just nod and go.

3) This whole situation is being looked at as absurd because you're taking a silly e-tantrum to extreme levels. This should have died in the thread it started in. Making two passive aggressive threads as an attention signal whining about how everyone here is mean makes the rest of the site look bad. There are HUNDREDS of active members on here, because you don't get along with a few or even 13 doesn't mean you need to go shouting to the hilltops that this place is mean to new members. I was new at one point, and more than once I've been served a slice of humble pie. Chances are I'll have a lot more before I forego this place, I've been here a while now but I still feel like a newbie most days.

I like to try to help. You'll probably take this whole post the wrong way, but this is getting close to infractions and actual site discipline if it hasn't already. Trust me when I say: Just let it go, we're not all bad around here, but you will get teased for being so defensive about a topic that you yourself seemed to let go and agree with early on in that original argument

Quote:

Alot. Of times I post quick replies with bad spelling and grammer, but thats because i work 7 days a week, and im usually on the go, i guess i can see the point though, when shelling out a few grand for a snake, you dont want it being from a moron. Sorry for being argumentative guys lol
    It seemed like for some reason after this when people were still commenting, not even on your post, that it was personal :confused:
  • 04-01-2012, 01:25 PM
    Slim
    Quote:

Fishing...

Excellent! I love fishing!

Hey, serpent fan, you like fishing? Hear there's a great spot under the bridge...
  • 04-01-2012, 01:57 PM
    serpent fan
    Man you guys
  • 04-01-2012, 01:57 PM
    serpent fan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Valentine Pirate View Post
    Not trying to ignite anything, Serpent Fan, but as a member who saw this thread and was wondering what the crap was going on then investigated, I'm going to give you a few outside perspective comments. I am -not- trying to attack, just maybe give you an idea of why you're being poked at. The temptation to join in is high, but I also think you may really not understand why we think this is so amusing.

1) They weren't hounding in the enchi/pastel thread. A few quips were made about the lack of improvement in the OP's manner of communication, but the emphasis was on basic English writing skills being a very important professional part of the hobby. Yes, no one is perfect, but good communication that is understandable is -extremely- important in any situation where money is changing hands, or someone gets upset. There are lots of people on here with this opinion, and being a public forum it isn't just going to be one person who says it. Some make long winded posts, some correct posts that happened, some will simply post their opinion because they want to comment on it. People are people, even on computers.

2) You've got to be prepared to be nit picked at whenever grammar and spelling come up. There's always someone looking for an error (I can bet I'll have a few in this post, but I believe my idea is coming across clearly). Don't take it personally, just nod and go.

3) This whole situation is being looked at as absurd because you're taking a silly e-tantrum to extreme levels. This should have died in the thread it started in. Making two passive aggressive threads as an attention signal whining about how everyone here is mean makes the rest of the site look bad. There are HUNDREDS of active members on here, because you don't get along with a few or even 13 doesn't mean you need to go shouting to the hilltops that this place is mean to new members. I was new at one point, and more than once I've been served a slice of humble pie. Chances are I'll have a lot more before I forego this place, I've been here a while now but I still feel like a newbie most days.

I like to try to help. You'll probably take this whole post the wrong way, but this is getting close to infractions and actual site discipline if it hasn't already. Trust me when I say: Just let it go, we're not all bad around here, but you will get teased for being so defensive about a topic that you yourself seemed to let go and agree with early on in that original argument

It seemed like for some reason after this when people were still commenting, not even on your post, that it was personal :confused:

No it was about the time i got pm's calling me an idiot, wasnt just slim.....
  • 04-01-2012, 01:58 PM
    serpent fan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Excellent! I love fishing!

Hey, serpent fan, you like fishing? Hear there's a great spot under the bridge...

Hey slim, take your dementia self and your faimly, and jump from that bridge.
  • 04-01-2012, 02:06 PM
    luvmyballs
    Quote:

Man, you guys

That is a well thought out post. I am impressed.
  • 04-01-2012, 02:06 PM
    serpent fan
    I bet not a single one of you would talk like this to my face, let alone anyone elses face.hide behind your screens, trolls
  • 04-01-2012, 02:07 PM
    serpent fan
    If you got anything else to say, say it to my face.
  • 04-01-2012, 02:15 PM
    Andrew21
    Man, I've seen 5 year olds act with more repect than this. This isn't your/my site to run. We can't just lash out at everybody, or straight up call the community bad. We all want attention sometimes, but you're taking it way to far.

Quote:

Man, you guys

Ohh, and I like the play on letters there. Maturest thing I've seen all day. :gj:
  • 04-01-2012, 02:17 PM
    sho220
    Quote:

If you got anything else to say, say it to my face

Just when I think it can't get any funnier... :banana:
  • 04-01-2012, 02:19 PM
    Skiploder
    Quote:

A few things for you

Eat me

Quote:

Quote:

If people are going to continue to talk ill keep backing mine up..
    Why the hell are you so concerned?

Quote:

And you guys wonder why ive been such a
    This is how you guys have been talking to me for a few days now.
    Keep my thread on topic.
    If you want to ... do it via pm please and thankyou

Quote:

Sho22, takin everhwere he goes.good for you

Quote:

Man, you guys

Quote:

If you got anything else to say, say it to my face,

A compilation of your greatest hits. Should save Judy, Derek or Deborah some time when they drop the ban hammer on you.

Now on the count of three folks, let all put "Mr. I Wanna Delete My Account" on "Ignore". Seriously.

• 04-01-2012, 02:20 PM
    serpent fan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    Man, I've seen 5 year olds act with more repect than this. This isn't your/my site to run. We can't just lash out at everybody, or straight up call the community bad. We all want attention sometimes, but you're taking it way to far.

Ohh, and I like the play on letters there. Maturest thing I've seen all day. :gj:

Really, im not trolling these threads, im just replying to comments aimed directly at me.
    If thats trolling, im a troll, but i say im just defending myself.
    This community is bad, because more and more people are jumping in, im literally just defending myself.
    Good to see not a single person has made any effort to put a stop to that.....shows the character of the site