Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,010

0 members and 2,010 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,394
Threads: 248,764
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, 316 Pythons
  • 12-24-2011, 04:46 PM
    ChrisJonesUK
    Splatter x Yellow Splatter Lock
    Really excited about this paring, you can see the colour difference between these two.:)

http://www.captivebredreptileforums....rxsplatter.jpg
  • 12-25-2011, 12:03 AM
    AKballs
    Re: Splatter x Yellow Splatter Lock
    Whats a splatter?
  • 12-25-2011, 12:59 AM
    crazyj83
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AKballs View Post
    Whats a splatter?

X2:confused:
  • 12-25-2011, 02:03 AM
    python_addict
    I agree what is a splatter they look like normals?
  • 12-25-2011, 06:50 AM
    Zombie
    Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyj83 View Post
    x2:confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by akballs View Post
    whats a splatter?

x4
  • 12-25-2011, 09:05 AM
    OhhWatALoser
    Sometime I have to laugh at this forum, try clicking on the website in his sig.

or if you missed that here's a link for you http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Splatter+Ball+Python

my holiday gift to you guys.

and congrads chris, hope to see a super out of them, I know you tired before.
  • 12-25-2011, 10:52 AM
    Reakt20
    Quote:

Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post

or if you missed that here's a link for you http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Splatter+Ball+Python

haha! that made my morning!
  • 12-25-2011, 12:17 PM
    WingedWolfPsion
    I've looked at the photos...and they still look like normals, to me. I know I have some animals with white 'splatters' in the flames. Is there something I'm missing?
  • 12-25-2011, 02:23 PM
    aceman1011
    Try reading his website, it explains it.
  • 12-25-2011, 04:29 PM
    ChrisJonesUK
    Quote:

Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post

Thanks. I hope to produce the super this year, i have 4 adult females so have a good chance if not then i will have to start crossing them.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aceman1011 View Post

Thanks. i thought people would click on my site and read the info on there !!!
  • 12-25-2011, 05:37 PM
    jbean7916
    Reading via tapatalk so I don't see signatures. What is your website.

sent from my EVO
  • 12-25-2011, 05:46 PM
    OhhWatALoser
    Quote:

Originally Posted by His Website
    They are blushed out between the sadles with the white coming up the sides from the belly with splatters of white in the blushed out areas, also i have noted that some are alot more yellow than the others and have a faded head where as the others have the head mark much like yb's.

• 12-25-2011, 09:28 PM
    snakesRkewl
    Hey Chris, could we get a belly shot of the yellow splatter and the regular splatter?
  • 12-25-2011, 09:54 PM
    SlitherinSisters
    Good luck with them!
  • 12-26-2011, 06:53 AM
    ChrisJonesUK
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jbean7916 View Post
    Reading via tapatalk so I don't see signatures. What is your website.

sent from my EVO

www.chrisjonesreptiles.co.uk

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakesRkewl View Post
    Hey Chris, could we get a belly shot of the yellow splatter and the regular splatter?

I will try but dont want to mess around with them to much. The yellow splatter seems to have a cleaner belly than the normal splatter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlitherinSisters View Post
    Good luck with them!

Thanks
  • 12-26-2011, 10:07 AM
    Tempestas
    Good luck Chris I still don't see it though lol fingers crossed you hit the Super this season, Does it manipulate any other morphs for instance like of the Mystic changes dramatically when put with certain morphs.
  • 12-26-2011, 05:57 PM
    ChrisJonesUK
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tempestas View Post
    Good luck Chris I still don't see it though lol fingers crossed you hit the Super this season, Does it manipulate any other morphs for instance like of the Mystic changes dramatically when put with certain morphs.

Thanks, i will be breeding a pastel and yb to a splatter this year. You would see the difference in person, they are easier to tell apart from normals than specters and specials.
  • 12-26-2011, 07:14 PM
    andwhy6
    its not much of a morph but you could call it one i guess. looks like some of my normals just turned to morphs tho ;) dont think it will be worth much more than a normal but its just like looking for genetic black backs and reduced pattern normals. would be cool if you got a super out of it tho. never know
  • 12-26-2011, 10:11 PM
    WingedWolfPsion
    Quote:

Originally Posted by aceman1011 View Post

I did read his website. I still have animals that look like that, hatched one just this season, in fact. I puzzled over one of the white marks a bit, wondering if it was a ringer mark, and then dismissed it as just a 'pixelating' effect inside a good flame.
  • 12-26-2011, 10:26 PM
    OhhWatALoser
    Quote:

Originally Posted by WingedWolfPsion View Post
    I did read his website. I still have animals that look like that, hatched one just this season, in fact. I puzzled over one of the white marks a bit, wondering if it was a ringer mark, and then dismissed it as just a 'pixelating' effect inside a good flame.

prove it out then like he did.
  • 12-28-2011, 05:59 PM
    ChrisJonesUK
    Quote:

Originally Posted by WingedWolfPsion View Post

Post some pics of your animals.
  • 12-28-2011, 06:04 PM
    snakesRkewl
    :bounce:Belly pics?
  • 12-28-2011, 07:29 PM
    WingedWolfPsion
    I'll try and sort out which one it is...sort of lost it in the crowd, at this point, lol. I'll see if I can get some pics of what I'm talking about.
  • 12-28-2011, 08:48 PM
    andwhy6
    like i said its like a genetic reduced or genetic black back normal. just like in people all snakes pass along sall traits in their patterns some more than others of course like this instance . fun stuff tho
  • 12-28-2011, 09:18 PM
    chaoticstone
    I'll post some pics of some of mine that to me are showing the same kind of trait you are talking about, just to see if it's what your talking about.

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/...ic/bellona.jpg
    http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/...otic/ares2.jpg
    http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/...aotic/ares.jpg
    http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/...c/bellona2.jpg
  • 12-29-2011, 03:34 PM
    ChrisJonesUK
    Quote:

Originally Posted by andwhy6 View Post
    like i said its like a genetic reduced or genetic black back normal. just like in people all snakes pass along sall traits in their patterns some more than others of course like this instance . fun stuff tho

This is what Ralph Davis had to say about them. I dont think they are phantoms but they do look similar.

You have something there......they look like phantom”type”..........there has to be a super Chris.

Thanks,
    Ralph Davis Reptiles, LLC

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaoticstone View Post
    I'll post some pics of some of mine that to me are showing the same kind of trait you are talking about, just to see if it's what your talking about.

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/...ic/bellona.jpg
    http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/...otic/ares2.jpg
    http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/...aotic/ares.jpg
    http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/...c/bellona2.jpg

I have some similar to yours but they are not splatters

http://www.chrisjonesreptiles.co.uk/...s/dinkerm1.jpg
  • 12-29-2011, 09:05 PM
    chaoticstone
    Well with 4 females to breed for supers this year you should hit a super if there is one. I'm pretty new to bps so I don't really see anything but a normal so good luck with it. Also how long do you work on a dinker project before you throw in the towel?
  • 12-31-2011, 02:39 PM
    Tempestas
    Quote:

Well with 4 females to breed for supers this year you should hit a super if there is one. I'm pretty new to bps so I don't really see anything but a normal so good luck with it. Also how long do you work on a dinker project before you throw in the towel?

Never give up with a dinker project some of them can take years to prove out you just might not hit the odds, Some have bred their dinkers for over 6 years running and never hit the odds but then bang just one visual and the project proves out. I think Chris should be able to hit supers this year with 4 females going but if he doesn't then they would be a dom morph but I don't see much difference when they are mixed with morphs ( I think Chris did the mojave splatter ) I think more research and breeding needs to be done to the Splatters to prove them out.

Chris knows what my thoughts are on this project and I am glad he knows that I mean no offense by what I say ( after all its all about opinions and if there weren't people there to challenge it then everyone would have a new morph ) I personally don't see much about them but I hope they are something because Chris as put alot of time into this project. I personally wouldn't of released them as soon as Chris did because if they prove out to be just line bred traits and not an actual morph then theres going to be unhappy customers ( Fingers crossed this isn't the case though )
  • 01-01-2012, 10:28 AM
    ChrisJonesUK
    Quote:

Never give up with a dinker project some of them can take years to prove out you just might not hit the odds, Some have bred their dinkers for over 6 years running and never hit the odds but then bang just one visual and the project proves out. I think Chris should be able to hit supers this year with 4 females going but if he doesn't then they would be a dom morph but I don't see much difference when they are mixed with morphs ( I think Chris did the mojave splatter ) I think more research and breeding needs to be done to the Splatters to prove them out.

Chris knows what my thoughts are on this project and I am glad he knows that I mean no offense by what I say ( after all its all about opinions and if there weren't people there to challenge it then everyone would have a new morph ) I personally don't see much about them but I hope they are something because Chris as put alot of time into this project. I personally wouldn't of released them as soon as Chris did because if they prove out to be just line bred traits and not an actual morph then theres going to be unhappy customers ( Fingers crossed this isn't the case though )

Yes i do know your opinion on the splatter gene which doesnt bother me, your are in titled to it. They are 100% not line bred trait as i have outbred them to normals and a mojave and still producing splatters.To be a line bred trait they would have to be related to keep reproducing the trait. If you look at the specter gene it doesnt change a morph very much apart from when you breed them to the yb and there is still no super for them. Look at the cinnimon/specter, mojave/specter and the butter specter all of which dont look much different from the original morph. As for unhappy customers i dont think i will have any as they are all kept up to date with any new info on them and i sold them all as proven dominant possible co-dom morphs.If there isnt a super then i guess we would all be dissapointed. Fingers crossed though.:D:D
  • 01-01-2012, 10:34 AM
    ChrisJonesUK
    Quote:

Hopefully this year. I heard it took 3 attempts to produce the super enchi. Ralph Davis took a while proving out his Lemon line hypo which is a line of Fires.
  • 01-01-2012, 10:57 AM
    Tempestas
    I know mate :) I know how a line bred trait is produced though but considering Hypo leopard geckos were originally line bred traits and now look at what they are like ;)

What morphs are you putting them to this season if you don't mind me asking ? I do see where your coming from though with regards to Specters and these. I do believe though if there is a super then its going to be something that stands out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisJonesUK View Post
    Yes i do know your opinion on the splatter gene which doesnt bother me, your are in titled to it. They are 100% not line bred trait as i have outbred them to normals and a mojave and still producing splatters.To be a line bred trait they would have to be related to keep reproducing the trait. If you look at the specter gene it doesnt change a morph very much apart from when you breed them to the yb and there is still no super for them. Look at the cinnimon/specter, mojave/specter and the butter specter all of which dont look much different from the original morph. As for unhappy customers i dont think i will have any as they are all kept up to date with any new info on them and i sold them all as proven dominant possible co-dom morphs.If there isnt a super then i guess we would all be dissapointed. Fingers crossed though.:D:D

• 01-02-2012, 04:18 PM
    ChrisJonesUK
    Quote:

I know mate :) I know how a line bred trait is produced though but considering Hypo leopard geckos were originally line bred traits and now look at what they are like ;)

What morphs are you putting them to this season if you don't mind me asking ? I do see where your coming from though with regards to Specters and these. I do believe though if there is a super then its going to be something that stands out.

I am using 1 female to breed to a pastel and goblin to then the other 3 i am putting the splatter male to try for the super.