Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,698

1 members and 1,697 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,393
Threads: 248,764
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, bananas_momma

Sarah and cookie

Printable View

• 09-23-2009, 11:14 AM
    Denial
    Sarah and cookie
  • 09-23-2009, 11:15 AM
    tonkatoyman
    Re: Sarah and cookie
    Question out of ignorance. Are you sarah or are you holding the camera.:D
  • 09-23-2009, 11:17 AM
    Denial
    im holding the camera
  • 09-23-2009, 11:20 AM
    tonkatoyman
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Denial View Post
    im holding the camera

Gotcha :gj::D. Does Sarah like the animals as much as you do.
  • 09-23-2009, 11:30 AM
    Denial
    She actually bought me my first snake for a fathers day present. I dont think she knew it would turn into what it has today though lol
  • 09-23-2009, 12:00 PM
    Neal
    LOL, I wonder if she would of bought it if she knew.
  • 09-23-2009, 12:15 PM
    Denial
    she doesnt mind the nonvenomous stuff she loves working with the large constrictors and the ball pythons but she doesnt really like the venomous stuff and it took forever for me to talk her into letting me venture into some exotic venomous stuff. And shes already promised me my first big cat this year to lol
  • 09-23-2009, 12:51 PM
    Neal
    First big cat? Whoa now, what are you getting?
  • 09-23-2009, 01:21 PM
    Denial
    actaully probably getting two. I want a canadian lynx and she wants an african serval
  • 09-23-2009, 01:32 PM
    Spaniard
    Quote:

actaully probably getting two. I want a canadian lynx and she wants an african serval

Are there any certifications and what not you need to own an exotic cat like that?
  • 09-23-2009, 01:39 PM
    Denial
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Are there any certifications and what not you need to own an exotic cat like that?

It varies from state to state and can even come down to each individual city or county you live in. Some states require permits and some states its illegal to own them at all. Some states allow them but certain countys in the state require permits. You just have to check with your county and state laws to make sure they are legal. Our state is a pretty good state with exotic animals theres not a whole lot of stuff we are not allowed to have.
  • 09-23-2009, 01:45 PM
    Spaniard
    Thanks for the info, I haven't really ever looked into it. I recall seeing a video online once of something called an Ashera. It was a cross between several cat breeds, I know the African serval was in the mix. It was like 20k but also very gorgeous animals.
  • 09-23-2009, 01:57 PM
    Denial
    Yes they have hybrid cats that are amazing. Some do have pretty high price tags.
  • 09-24-2009, 08:46 PM
    Neal
    You went from anaconda to cats, lol.
  • 09-24-2009, 08:48 PM
    Spaniard
    Bp.net is the melting pot of hobbies :D
  • 09-25-2009, 11:30 AM
    Denial
    lol I cant help it im a sucker for all critters
  • 09-25-2009, 01:57 PM
    Neal
    I hear you dude, I was taking out the trash and I had the back door open, and as I was walking in I seen one of those big roaches run in the house i'm renting. So I was like oh well i'm not about to try to track him down and kill him. Anyways about 3 hours later as I was fixing some food I noticed him on the floor in the corner by the garbage can he was eating something, so I kind of felt bad for the little thing, so I broke off a piece of pringle and set it by him and it's like he knew I was giving him food because he didn't try to run.
  • 09-25-2009, 02:11 PM
    Patrick Long
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    I hear you dude, I was taking out the trash and I had the back door open, and as I was walking in I seen one of those big roaches run in the house i'm renting. So I was like oh well i'm not about to try to track him down and kill him. Anyways about 3 hours later as I was fixing some food I noticed him on the floor in the corner by the garbage can he was eating something, so I kind of felt bad for the little thing, so I broke off a piece of pringle and set it by him and it's like he knew I was giving him food because he didn't try to run.

That is actually disgusting.

One thing to keep roaches as food for pets, but a TOTALLY DIFFERENT thing when you are feeding the native roaches that are infested in your house.

Quite repulsive.
  • 09-25-2009, 03:07 PM
    Neal
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Long View Post

One thing to keep roaches as food for pets, but a TOTALLY DIFFERENT thing when you are feeding the native roaches that are infested in your house.

Quite repulsive.

1.) The little roaches are the nasty ones.
    2.) The big ones are more wood-type roaches.
    3.) They do not infest my house, I was taking the trash out, which is kept by the back door, and I had left the door open and I actually seen it run in my house, and it's not actually part of my house, it's more of a garage thing.
    4.) I have roach things in there because of my trash being right outside, I figure some may get in anyways because things can always find a way in, so I guarentee you in a day or 2 it will be dead.
    5.) It's not a pet either, I will feed it to my emperor if it isn't dead in a day or 2. As I feed my emperor B. Dubia's.
  • 09-25-2009, 03:22 PM
    xxxxdopeyxxxx
    would you keep the cats in cages or just let them roam free like a regular cat?
  • 09-25-2009, 03:40 PM
    Denial
    Quote:

Originally Posted by xxxxdopeyxxxx View Post
    would you keep the cats in cages or just let them roam free like a regular cat?

Your not allowed to let them roam like regular cats and imo I dont think regular cats should be able to roam freely. There are feral cat problems pretty much all over the usa. Ours will be an indoor cat until it reaches sexual maturity and starts spraying everywhere Then we will keep it outdoors in a pen built for an exotic cat
  • 10-04-2009, 06:16 PM
    RBCpythons
    beautiful anaconda!!! how big is it?
  • 10-04-2009, 06:51 PM
    Denial
    Shes about 7 feet now.
  • 10-05-2009, 02:33 AM
    Neal
    How often do you handle her bro?
  • 10-05-2009, 09:38 AM
    Denial
    Usually about once a week.
  • 10-05-2009, 02:28 PM
    Neal
    I've been slacking on handling mine with working and such. I'm probably going to take her out in a few minutes because I have to run some errands.
  • 10-05-2009, 02:49 PM
    Denial
    Yea I usually only handle mine when I clean there cages. I just have to many snakes now to handle each of them everyday.
  • 10-05-2009, 04:20 PM
    Boanerges
    Cookie and Sarah are beautiful as always Danny!!! Nice pic bro :gj:
  • 10-05-2009, 04:46 PM
    Denial
    Thanks man! Where you been? Havent seen you around in a while
  • 10-05-2009, 07:02 PM
    Neal
    Yea, where have you been?
  • 10-06-2009, 04:30 PM
    Boanerges
    Quote:

Thanks man! Where you been? Havent seen you around in a while

Quote:

Yea, where have you been?

We had a bad lightning storm here on like the 10th 0r 11th of Sept. and lightning hit my house and blew up my computer (among other things). And I just got my new one in from Dell so it's on again-lol. Thanks for asking guys :gj:
  • 10-06-2009, 05:46 PM
    Neal
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Boanerges View Post
    We had a bad lightning storm here on like the 10th 0r 11th of Sept. and lightning hit my house and blew up my computer (among other things). And I just got my new one in from Dell so it's on again-lol. Thanks for asking guys :gj:

Damn dude, that totally blows. That's a freak thing that is like a one in 10,000 shot. Glad everything else is ok, and good to see you back.
  • 10-09-2009, 02:45 PM
    tsdsbd
    Quote:

Quite repulsive.

lol...where do you live..? if you live in a southern state theres NO way to keep roaches away..the little german cockroaches yeah.. the large ones are also called palmetto bugs because they live in the palmetto trees and they do get in houses every once n a while. lol
  • 10-09-2009, 08:03 PM
    Denial
    I live in the south and I dont have roaches in my house and if I did it would be time for the exterminator lol
  • 10-09-2009, 11:33 PM
    tsdsbd
    Quote:

I live in the south and I dont have roaches in my house and if I did it would be time for the exterminator lol

lol yeah i wasnt sayin roaches are ALWAYS in houses, there just always around...cuz of the humidity,
  • 10-10-2009, 07:45 AM
    Neal
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tsdsbd View Post
    lol...where do you live..? if you live in a southern state theres NO way to keep roaches away..the little german cockroaches yeah.. the large ones are also called palmetto bugs because they live in the palmetto trees and they do get in houses every once n a while. lol

The only reason he got in is because I had my backdoor wide open, I seen him run in.
  • 10-12-2009, 12:25 PM
    kman7183
    this doe not really apply to this thread. but i'd like to know where neal got his roufus beak i've been trying to find one for quite some time?
  • 10-12-2009, 12:31 PM
    Soterios
    Quote:

Quite repulsive.

+1

I would have done the following.

...Screamed like a girl.
    ...Smashed it into tiny bits
    ...Threw up in my mouth.

Not necessarily in that order. :rofl:
  • 10-12-2009, 12:37 PM
    Wh00h0069
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Soterios View Post
    +1

I would have done the following.

...Screamed like a girl.
    ...Smashed it into tiny bits
    ...Threw up in my mouth.

Not necessarily in that order. :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I second that.
  • 10-13-2009, 04:04 AM
    FIEND_FO_LYFE
    Cookie looks good man!
    keep it up.
    cant wait till my yellow gets as big as cookie is now! haha
  • 10-13-2009, 07:00 AM
    Denial
    Thank you
  • 10-13-2009, 07:28 AM
    Neal
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kman7183 View Post
    this doe not really apply to this thread. but i'd like to know where neal got his roufus beak i've been trying to find one for quite some time?

I'm actually going to be getting rid of him here shortly. I will only keep my anaconda as she will always be my baby, but I am getting a pure Wolf, and he will consume most of my time.
  • 10-14-2009, 11:41 AM
    mumps
    Quote:

I'm actually going to be getting rid of him here shortly. I will only keep my anaconda as she will always be my baby, but I am getting a pure Wolf, and he will consume most of my time.

Ah, another well thought out animal acquisition. "Getting Rid" of one poor thing to make room for another poor thing.

Bet that "wolf" consumes more than your time.

Chris
  • 10-16-2009, 12:32 PM
    Neal
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mumps View Post
    Ah, another well thought out animal acquisition. "Getting Rid" of one poor thing to make room for another poor thing.

Chris

I will not get rid of him unless I find him a good home to where I know he's well taken care of. The anaconda i'm probably going to relocate to my mothers house due to me getting my wolf.

As far as him consuming more than my time, you'd be surprised. It's not like he's wild caught.
  • 10-17-2009, 01:02 PM
    Beardedragon
    Quote:

Chris

Isnt that what most breeders do?
  • 10-17-2009, 01:42 PM
    mumps
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Beardedragon View Post
    Isnt that what most breeders do?

Can't speak for "most" breeders, though I do see an awful lot of "Proven..." animals for sale.

I have room for so many bps. There are morphs I would like to add, but cannot because the space is occupied already. My proven male spider won't be breeding anymore because I now have a bee, but he's a gorgeous animal and I wouldn't "get rid" of him for anything.

But a lot of breeders are of the dollar value mentality (if it is their livelihood I can understand that, but this is just a hobby to me that hopefully will help cover the costs of my collection) and they need to replace their not-producing animals with ones that will earn more money. I mean a normal costs just as much to house and feed as a dreamsicle, but the potential for profit is far greater...

But Neal has two snakes. And he's a kid. When he tires of the wolf, what's next?

Chris
  • 10-17-2009, 03:07 PM
    Neal
    Quote:

Can't speak for "most" breeders, though I do see an awful lot of "Proven..." animals for sale.

I have room for so many bps. There are morphs I would like to add, but cannot because the space is occupied already. My proven male spider won't be breeding anymore because I now have a bee, but he's a gorgeous animal and I wouldn't "get rid" of him for anything.

But a lot of breeders are of the dollar value mentality (if it is their livelihood I can understand that, but this is just a hobby to me that hopefully will help cover the costs of my collection) and they need to replace their not-producing animals with ones that will earn more money. I mean a normal costs just as much to house and feed as a dreamsicle, but the potential for profit is far greater...

But Neal has two snakes. And he's a kid. When he tires of the wolf, what's next?

Chris

How about you don't assume. What i'm doing, I also have my reasons for. He is going to get around 200-250 lbs. He will also try to eat my snakes. I don't want to see a tank knocked over and a dead animal. So I would appreciate it if you mind your own business. You don't see me disrespecting how you power feed your anaconda like an ignorant child would. Thank you.