Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,030

1 members and 2,029 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,162
Threads: 248,599
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Csr112

Feedback on Big Cheese

Printable View

• 11-07-2019, 05:39 PM
    Craiga 01453
    Feedback on Big Cheese
    Hey all, just wanted to send some praise Big Cheese's way.

This was my first order with them. I typically use Perfect Prey, primarily because of geography, but they were out of a size I needed. So I checked out Big Cheese based on positive feedback here on the forum.

They had everything I needed, prices were fair and they were offering $29 flat rate shipping (great deal for TX to MA, Perfect Prey is usually $45+ from NY to MA). So I placed an order.

The order arrived a little while ago and I am very happy. Despite the package being held at the FedEx facility in TX for around 25 hours, everything was still frozen SOLID. FedEx received the package Monday at 1:44pm and it arrived around 4:00pm today.

Big Cheese did a fantastic job packing the order, the prey itself is neatly packaged and the quality looks great.

Overall I am very happy and will not hesitate to give them my business again.
  • 11-07-2019, 05:44 PM
    wnateg
    No medium rats :(

I wonder if they have cheaper shipping for within TX.
  • 11-07-2019, 06:21 PM
    Sonny1318
    Big fan of both big cheese and perfect prey. Prefer big cheese a little more, but perfect prey seems to have a little bit (couple of grams) weight to their sizes. But love big cheeses packaging. Can’t go wrong with either, IMO. ✌️😉
  • 11-07-2019, 06:39 PM
    Bogertophis
    Sure the price & shipping was great...but how do they TASTE!? :rofl: We need a "complete" review here...
  • 11-07-2019, 06:52 PM
    Craiga 01453
    Re: Feedback on Big Cheese
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Sure the price & shipping was great...but how do they TASTE!? :rofl: We need a "complete" review here...

Der, they're frozen! I'm defrosting one for dinner, I'll get back to you. :rofl:
  • 11-07-2019, 06:58 PM
    Gocntry
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post

I've used Big Cheese & Perfect Prey, Don't have a human review for you....

But I've never had a Snake decline a meal from either company yet, if that helps at all :D
  • 11-07-2019, 07:08 PM
    MarkL1561
    I’ve ordered from perfect prey and big cheese. There’s really no difference as far as I can tell. Perfect prey has quicker shipping though. Both sources are equal in quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 11-07-2019, 07:13 PM
    Craiga 01453
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkL1561 View Post
    I’ve ordered from perfect prey and big cheese. There’s really no difference as far as I can tell. Perfect prey has quicker shipping though. Both sources are equal in quality.

Yeah, packaging and prey are pretty much identical. Can't go wrong with either in my opinion. For me it'll come down to availability and shipping costs when I order in the future.
  • 11-07-2019, 07:26 PM
    EL-Ziggy
    I agree that you really can't go wrong with either supplier. I'd say the quality of feeders and packaging are pretty similar. BC is often out of the medium and large rats that I need but their flat rate shipping and overall prices are a bit lower that PP. I had mostly been using PP because I couldn't get the rat sizes I needed from BC. I got lucky on my last order and BC had everything I needed. The savings was pretty substantial.
  • 11-07-2019, 08:09 PM
    EDR
    Cool good for you craiga. Yeah I still buy from BC and think they are almost perfect. Like ziggy said they are all ways out of medium and large rats which isn't that bad for me luckily.
  • 11-07-2019, 08:52 PM
    Alex Lehner
    I use big cheese as well and never have any problems. The rats always look in good condition and I love the $29 flat rate shipping.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  • 11-07-2019, 10:33 PM
    Jakethesnake69
    Big cheese is great and so is the $29 flat rate. The lack of Medium rats all the time is annoying. Gave Perfect Prey a try last time but shipping was almost as much as the rats. Really great quality from both so it’s all good.
  • 11-08-2019, 10:13 AM
    RickyNY
    I just got an order from them yesterday and the quality is very good. Will order from them again.
  • 11-08-2019, 04:43 PM
    hilabeans
    Love Big Cheese, they are my go-to. I don't have any big snakes, so the sizes I need are plentiful. The rats and mice always look healthy and clean.

I can confirm flat-rate shipping is still $29 within Texas, but still a bargain compared to others.
  • 11-08-2019, 04:58 PM
    AbsoluteApril
    Big Cheese is great and one of my go-tos for over 15 years. I just wish they had mediums in stock as that is one of the main sizes I use. Sometimes they have them but listed out of stock on site, you just have to call (dang I gave away my secret lol).
  • 11-09-2019, 09:26 AM
    Aerries
    Just got my package from Big Cheese yesterday and spent less on 45 rats then 40 at perfect prey (primarily due to the reduced shipping) but I’ve been dealing with perfect prey for the last two years and this year has primarily been Big Cheese and I have 0 Complaints what so ever. Both great companies.

• 11-10-2019, 11:57 AM
    Gocntry
    Big Cheese or Perfect Prey are both good,

Being in Northern Virginia Big Cheese is $29.00 Shipping, and Perfect Prey is $30.50 so I can go either way

I have my orders shipped to a business, last time a co-worker ask what's that big box in the freezer??

I said a box of frozen rats, you want one for lunch? They declined. :rofl:
  • 11-10-2019, 01:30 PM
    MarkL1561
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gocntry View Post

Being in Northern Virginia Big Cheese is $29.00 Shipping, and Perfect Prey is $30.50 so I can go either way

I have my orders shipped to a business, last time a co-worker ask what's that big box in the freezer??

You can ship to your house too. You don’t have to ship to a business.

• 11-10-2019, 01:43 PM
    EL-Ziggy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gocntry View Post

I had something similar happen. FedEx delivered my package from BC to the suite next door to my office and the young lady at their front desk made the mistake of opening it. They checked the shipping label after the fact and came over to let me know they had my package. The look on that young ladies face was priceless! Total shock and awe!
  • 11-10-2019, 04:02 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
    I had something similar happen. FedEx delivered my package from BC to the suite next door to my office and the young lady at their front desk made the mistake of opening it. They checked the shipping label after the fact and came over to let me know they had my package. The look on that young ladies face was priceless! Total shock and awe!

:rofl:And perhaps relief that it wasn't intended for them, although dead rats that are intended as "negative feedback" from gangster types aren't typically frozen...just dead. :cool:

Some day I'll get sick of raising my own rodents, so I'm happy to hear such good feedback about Big Cheese as well as Perfect Prey. Either one would be my "go-to".
  • 11-11-2019, 09:00 AM
    Gocntry
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkL1561 View Post
    You can ship to your house too. You don’t have to ship to a business.

It's easier for me to ship to my work (that's the business I ship to),

I'm there a lot anyway and don't have to worry about "porch pirates" nabbing something while I'm not home.

If I had a $230.00 box of rats stolen I'd be Pi**ed. (yes I get that much at once, 6 months of rats for 6 snakes)