Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,419

0 members and 2,419 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,395
Threads: 248,765
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Boons
  • 10-09-2008, 09:41 AM
    JLC
    How Did You Hear About Us???
    This poll is created partly out of my own curiosity....and partly in an attempt to collect important data that may be used to help make future decisions for the direction and promotion of the site.

I realize there are all sorts of online sources with specific statistical analysis of our membership and where the hits are generated....but that doesn't really tell us about the people and how they may have heard about us.

So....based purely on your own experience and reflection....what brought you to BP.net???

1. Google
    2. Other Search Engine (please specify in a reply to this thread)
    3. Referral from current member on another site (ie: you met one of our members on another forum)
    4. Referral from current member outside the Internet (ie: you know one of our members in real life or met someone at a show or pet store)
    5. Discussion thread on another forum
    6. Followed link from a private website
    7. Show or Expo table
    8. Reptile TopSite Link
    9. SnakeBytes TV
    10. Reptile Radio
    11. It's been so long I don't remember

12. Other (please specify in a reply to this thread)
  • 10-09-2008, 09:48 AM
    snakecharmer3638
    Re: How Did You Hear About Us???
    Sorry Judy but I'm not quite sure which category this falls under? But I heard about BP.net by watching SnakebytesTv on You Tube. Again sorry for my ignorance. Would that fall under other on your poll?
  • 10-09-2008, 09:54 AM
    JLC
    Ohhhh! I will add SnakeBytes and Reptile Radio to the poll! It's not too late!
  • 10-09-2008, 09:58 AM
    Beardedragon
    Im a forum freak, so before I got my first ball I typed in Ball python forum and this was one of them, and the biggest so I clicked on it:)
  • 10-09-2008, 09:59 AM
    JLC
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Beardedragon View Post
    Im a forum freak, so before I got my first ball I typed in Ball python forum and this was one of them, and the biggest so I clicked on it:)

Thanks! :banana:

Y'all feel free to share your stories....I'm really interested and the more you share the more I learn!
  • 10-09-2008, 10:09 AM
    snakecharmer3638
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JLC View Post
    Ohhhh! I will add SnakeBytes and Reptile Radio to the poll! It's not too late!

:gj:
  • 10-09-2008, 10:16 AM
    Emilio
    I googled ball python info and the rest is history.
  • 10-09-2008, 10:16 AM
    Debbienflorida
    The first thing I do when thinking about a new pet I put, for example, "Ball Python Forum" in Google. Then I start reading. The people are wheat keep me coming back along with their vast info about the particular subject, but it is mainly how they get that across to the people asking questions. I found my Tropical fish Forum this way and have been a member there more than a few years. This place is equally as friendly place but about reptiles. My animals and I thank the heavens everyday we found this place!
  • 10-09-2008, 10:23 AM
    Samuel
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Beardedragon View Post

I share your story. We must create a support group, eh?
  • 10-09-2008, 11:00 AM
    Nate
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cuda View Post
    We must create a support group, eh?

Nate for president :salute:
  • 10-09-2008, 11:14 AM
    littleindiangirl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    Nate for president :salute:

:salute:Nate for Prez 08! :salute:

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ona08/Nate.jpg
  • 10-09-2008, 11:21 AM
    Blightedchemist
    I wanted to get a ball python so I wanted to do some research first, so I just typed in 'ball python forum' and BP.net was the first to come up, checked it out and stayed.
  • 10-09-2008, 11:33 AM
    Nate
    Quote:

Originally Posted by littleindiangirl View Post

:rofl:

:bolt:
  • 10-09-2008, 11:39 AM
    anendeloflorien
    When I first started thinking about getting a ball python I got a care sheet and talked to some people at the local pet store and thought that I knew everything I needed to know lol. OH how wrong I was! I only had my BP for a couple days before I found this site (google is the bomb :D) because my BP came loaded with mites and I was trying to figure out how to get rid of them. I realized extremely quickly after reading A) the care sheet on here and B) some of the forum topics just how wrong the information I had gotten was and quickly remedied it and got myself some mite killer. Now my first BP is healthy happy and getting Biiiiiiiiig lol and I've added 15 snakes to my collection since then! All thanks to BP.net love you guys!

Thanks for the poll Judy!
  • 10-09-2008, 11:56 AM
    JayBP
    I was looking for ball python caresheets/info via google and I came across a few forums, but I liked this one the best and here I am! I also believe(if I remember correctly) someone on one of the snake forums referred someone here so I figured it must have been a good forum.
  • 10-09-2008, 12:27 PM
    Ironhead
    Actually my Dad is the one that told me about this site. I had just gotten my ball in 2003 and was telling my dad that I had gotten one. Well, about an hour later I get an e-mail from him saying that he found this new site that I may want to go take a look at. Well I did...and the rest is history.
  • 10-09-2008, 12:36 PM
    Spaniard
    If I remember correctly I think Joanna (Frankykeno) and Robin (Rabernet) referred me over here when I was posting at repticzone. The atmosphere was a lot better over here so this ended up being my forum of choice. This actually the only online forum I post on and I've learned a ton of stuff from the members here.
  • 10-09-2008, 12:50 PM
    Patrick Long
    When I got my second ball python about 3 years ago, I started to get into this forum by accident, I just typed in ball python into google.....I THINK :weirdface:
  • 10-09-2008, 01:00 PM
    Jyson
    I heard this site being mentioned on another forum and so when I had time I checked it out and registered.
  • 10-09-2008, 02:00 PM
    reaxion07
    Typed Ball Python forum in google - stuck around because the care sheets are amazing, and the members are extremely helpful. Plus, there's always a TON of pictures of amazing animals.
  • 10-09-2008, 02:32 PM
    Tosha_Mc
    I don't know which applies best -- I'd obviously heard of BP.net from just talk around the community -- but thought it was another breeders forum that they were talking about -- but after the guest spot on Reptile Radio I realized that it wasn't and decided to check it out. So - I guess Reptile Radio gets my vote?
  • 10-09-2008, 02:47 PM
    VetTech63
    Well, I got my baby bp on the 5th of October and received different care information from two people at the same pet store, plus a vet told me something altogether different. When I asked around during my vet tech classes they told me to hit up google. Voila! Here I am.;)The information here is invaluable:D but I'm still unsure about a lot of it.
  • 10-09-2008, 03:32 PM
    John Marker
    I found BP.net using Search.com. I was looking to find some information about various breeders and this was one of the sites that I visited that day.

I normally stay away from most all forums, hasn't really mattered what the general discussions are about. I have attempted to regularly check several different forums, on various topics, and found that I just do not enjoy them, primarly due to all of the trolls, flamers, and abundance of inaccurate information.

I am happy to say that I enjoy checking this site daily. Not that there are not people on here that rub me the wrong way, but in general, I think the people here are a great group. The vast majority of the information that gets posted is accurate and well presented.

This is a site that I will continue to visit and would recomend it to anyone interested in reptiles.

John
  • 10-09-2008, 04:24 PM
    kjhowland
    I was referred here by BeardedDragon when I was in The Reptile Rooms.
  • 10-09-2008, 06:02 PM
    t.o.r.c.h
    found this site just searching around on google one day. havent needed to go anywhere else since i found this place. very friendly ppl
  • 10-09-2008, 06:13 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    Some girl dragged me here against my will :8:

Robin told me about this place, the rest is history and I have been an happy member ever since :gj:
  • 10-09-2008, 06:35 PM
    SlitherinSisters
    Online referral!!! "Rabernet" and I met on another site and she got me to join this one a few months ago!!! I love it here!
  • 10-09-2008, 06:42 PM
    Christina
    probably yahoo or ask.com- i really don't remember
  • 10-09-2008, 07:02 PM
    West Coast Jungle
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Emilio View Post
    I googled ball python info and the rest is history.

Me too:snake:
    May have been Yahoo, it was so long ago I dont remember for sure:oops:
    I use both
  • 10-09-2008, 07:04 PM
    BrucenBruce
    New to ball python care, morphs and all, though having kept and bred other snakes in the past, I was searching everything I could search. Was it Google? Yahoo?? Did I click a link from another forum? I honestly don't remember how I first found these pages, but they're one of only a couple of places I chose to sign on to and stay.

I keep a tab open in Firefox, and check in a couple of times a night to see what's going on with this fun gang of folks - BP.net has become one of my favorite places on the web!

~Bruce
  • 10-09-2008, 09:15 PM
    Custom Exotics
    I typed in hot chicks into Ball Pythons into Google and it brought me here :rofl: Just kidding, well kidding about what I typed, but it was a google search, searching for Ball Python Forums!
  • 10-09-2008, 11:13 PM
    littleindiangirl
    Google looking for care on Ball pythons and other snakes. This site was the reason we decided to get into ball pythons, I owe you guys a lot!!! :D
  • 10-10-2008, 06:18 AM
    rabernet
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Isis View Post
    Online referral!!! "Rabernet" and I met on another site and she got me to join this one a few months ago!!! I love it here!

LOL - a cat forum of all places! :D

I found Ball-pythons.net when I got my first ball python when I Googled "ball python forums"!
  • 10-10-2008, 08:19 AM
    daniel1983
    ha ha........that was a long time ago...

I had to go with 'Don't remember' on this one...
  • 10-10-2008, 02:31 PM
    ilovemylizard
    I heard about the site from Reptile Radio...

I lurked for a while, and decided to join...this forum has such a friendly feeling to it, and I hope to get more involved once I can finally get the wifi on my laptop working...

Boas are all I have right now, but I've kept ball pythons in the past...I love coming here to look at all the wonderful pics of BP's and morphs:D
  • 10-10-2008, 04:08 PM
    AaronP
    Reptile Radio
  • 10-10-2008, 08:29 PM
    LarryPetty
    I think it was Neil Golli who told me about this site a few years ago. I wish I had more time to post. I like the people and atmosphere here.
  • 10-11-2008, 02:22 PM
    Rapture
    It's been a while, but I think I was searching for information on breeding/egg incubation when I found this place... if that's right I was using google.
  • 10-11-2008, 05:51 PM
    MeMe
    I voted yesterday but it was Susan that referred me to this site.

:cool:
  • 10-11-2008, 07:14 PM
    SecurityStacey
    I think followed a link would be the most accurate - I asked a question about a bad shed on another site and followed a link to the bad shed sticky - and never left.
  • 10-11-2008, 10:55 PM
    PsYcHo_99
    RBCReptiles.. is a member here.. he told me u guys were chill! :taz::taz:
  • 10-12-2008, 12:14 AM
    TooManyToys
    I responded to an ad on Kingsnake and the seller (Kat) told me about the site. I sure do miss her unique threads :(
  • 10-12-2008, 02:19 PM
    azak323
    referred here by a friend/existing member :)
  • 10-12-2008, 03:54 PM
    Hardwikk
    When I was in the process of obtaining a WHS I was looking for a good website that was mainly about snakes and went to the Reptile topsites and found BP.net. I must admit it was a good choice.
  • 10-12-2008, 06:39 PM
    waltah!
    I found it while doing a google search. It's was the first forum to come up and I was hooked. I belong to many forums, but this is by far my fav. There is less bickering and bad advice here than most other sites. Thanks to the mods and admin for keeping it that way:)
  • 10-12-2008, 09:41 PM
    mandy4682
    A python breeder in Texas told me about this site.
  • 10-13-2008, 07:02 PM
    tweets_4611
    I was interested in getting a ball python, so I started looking for snake info online. I typed something about ball pythons, or snake care into google and found my way here. I hadn't actually used a forum before this one, and this made it an easy transition into the forum world! You guys also helped me make a great decision....I was thinking about getting a different kind of snake than my friend had, and I saw some pictures of blood pythons on here. I believe I started a thread, or posted in another thread asking for pictures of bloods. Kara posted a picture of hers in a tub, and I almost fell out of my chair at the size of them!! :P I still think they are beautiful, but I'm glad you guys helped open my eyes to how big and thick they got! Nowhere else I had looked had a size comparison like that ^_^
  • 10-13-2008, 07:25 PM
    Royal Morphz
    Heather told me about it on another site and then u guys welcomed me in like family :P:P:P
  • 10-14-2008, 12:53 AM
    measley
    I bought a BP from a friend at school (Morphie) and was telling her about the corn snake forums I post on. She mentioned BP.net and suggested I register to find out all I can about BP's!

Thanks for a great site!!
  • 10-14-2008, 03:30 AM
    jpod89
    I forgot to put her as a referrer so I'll just do it here.

Pandora is my girlfriend and she's always on this site. One day I'll see her again... =P