Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,242

0 members and 2,242 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,405
Threads: 248,769
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Miramiraonthewa11
  • 02-11-2013, 10:12 PM
    Seanjackmc
    Who owns guns and you carry?
    So here who owns guns and what and you you carry? Ill start I have 3 hand guns, 2 glocks a 22 and 27 both .40 cal. A Ruger 1911 .45 acp. I also have a ar-15, .257, ,30-06, .17 hmr, a few 12 gauges. Total of 13 firearms all stored in a safe. I carry my Glock 27 a lot of the time not as much as I should but I have kids and go to schools ect. So I can't always carry.
    what about you
  • 02-11-2013, 10:15 PM
    nick654377
    i have a springfeild xd-40 sub compact and a ruger lcr 357 i carry both of those depending on the day. i have a remmington 870 with a few goodies on it behind my door. total over all length of it is around 23 inches give or take a few..... i also have a old sears bolt action 16 gauge that was my grandpas. with that gun i am 10 for 10 on skeet. it just fits very well. my 870 when i dress it for skeet im around 8-9/10.

i used to have a cz sp-01 phantom and i hated it. it jammed every 3rd round.
  • 02-11-2013, 10:28 PM
    Seanjackmc
    Love the 870 have two myself. Great guns I have one set up for deer hunting her in Michigan the other is my utility gun does it all.
  • 02-11-2013, 10:34 PM
    sho220
    Don't CC now, but strongly considering it...
  • 02-11-2013, 10:41 PM
    3skulls
    I have this with me most days.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/12/hema7yre.jpg
    Love this weapon.

Would like to get my CC and a nice handgun soon!
  • 02-11-2013, 10:44 PM
    ewaldrep
    SW .40 but I never carry it unless I am going camping or something like that. I stays in the box up in the corner of the closet.
  • 02-11-2013, 10:44 PM
    reptileexperts
    Glock 27 is my daily carry. Crime is going up with government paranoia so better safe than sorry. Treat it like insurance. Always have it never hope to need it.
  • 02-11-2013, 10:45 PM
    OsirisRa32
    Re: Who owns guns and you carry?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 3skulls View Post
    I have this with me most days.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/12/hema7yre.jpg
    Love this weapon.

Would like to get my CC and a nice handgun soon!

Dare I ask what it is you do that you carry a shotgun with you most of the time?

I personally prefer Romulan Disruptor Pistols to all these low-tech 20th century kinetic weapons you all are discussing....:D:rolleye2:
  • 02-11-2013, 10:48 PM
    Seanjackmc
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sho220 View Post
    Don't CC now, but strongly considering it...

I'm not a gun nut, but think after all the craziness going on its my job to be prepared. By no means do I want to start a political conversation here. If you don't like guns that is totally fine just don't post here, Im looking for fellow owners and ccs. I preach safe ownership!
    I think all citizens willing to be trained should carry. There is no where safe anymore. I'm not paranoid or expect to be shot at every day. I do however plan to be able to defend myself and family and fellow citizens if the time ever come. I pray to god it never comes!
    sean
  • 02-11-2013, 10:50 PM
    Seanjackmc
    Quote:

Originally Posted by reptileexperts View Post
    Glock 27 is my daily carry. Crime is going up with government paranoia so better safe than sorry. Treat it like insurance. Always have it never hope to need it.

X2 brotha
  • 02-11-2013, 10:55 PM
    cinnamonpython
    we have 3 guns no pics though :rolleyes:
  • 02-11-2013, 10:55 PM
    3skulls
    Quote:

Originally Posted by OsirisRa32 View Post
    Dare I ask what it is you do that you carry a shotgun with you most of the time?

I personally prefer Romulan Disruptor Pistols to all these low-tech 20th century kinetic weapons you all are discussing....:D:rolleye2:

I like to go shooting at work and I don't always feel its safe to leave at home.
    I'm in a pretty bad area :o
  • 02-11-2013, 10:56 PM
    spitzu
    Springfield XD 9mm subcompact. I love this gun! I tried many many other handguns at the range prior to deciding on this one. It's like it was made for me.

I've been carrying it in this holster for about 2 years I often forget that it's even there. It's even comfortable to wear while hiking ;)
  • 02-11-2013, 11:00 PM
    KMG
    I carry everyday, everywhere.

What I'm doing and where I'm going dictates which two I take. Usually a 40 with a 380 or a 357 with a 38. Also always carry a good light, knife, and spare rounds.
  • 02-11-2013, 11:03 PM
    swansonbb
    I have my cc and carry a Glock 22. I'm pretty far from a gun nut or an NRA fan, but I have little kids and there have been several times I've been glad to have it. This has to be a strange thread for our Canadian friends.
  • 02-11-2013, 11:09 PM
    youbeyouibei
    I have a few of various calibers; rifles, shotguns and pistols. My duty weapon is a Sig P220 in .45 ACP with a .380 for bad-breath distance back-up. My wife has a Glock 26 and loves it; I have a Glock 21 and Glock 30 SF for handguns along with a 1911 and a few odds and ends for shotguns and rifles. I go back and forth between my 870 and Mossberg for shotguns as to which is the better weapon; so long as it goes "BANG" when I need it to, I guess that's a moot point, lol! Next on my wish list is a Sako TRG-22 and a CZ-American Safari Magnum in .375 Holland and Holland. The likelihood of my ever going to Africa is about as good as my hitting the lottery to fund it but in the meantime, a hog hunt is well within reach and that's going to be the gun I take.
  • 02-11-2013, 11:12 PM
    sho220
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanjackmc View Post
    I'm not a gun nut, but think after all the craziness going on its my job to be prepared. By no means do I want to start a political conversation here. If you don't like guns that is totally fine just don't post here, Im looking for fellow owners and ccs. I preach safe ownership!
    I think all citizens willing to be trained should carry. There is no where safe anymore. I'm not paranoid or expect to be shot at every day. I do however plan to be able to defend myself and family and fellow citizens if the time ever come. I pray to god it never comes!
    sean

I'm not sure how you got that I don't like guns from my comment...all I said is that I don't currently conceal carry, but am considering it.

Just need something a little smaller and less flashy than this...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...IMG_107145.jpg

Looking to pick up a Springfield XDs .45 for cc.
  • 02-11-2013, 11:15 PM
    youbeyouibei
    Quote:

I'm not sure how you got that I don't like guns from my comment...all I said is that I don't currently conceal carry, but am considering it.

Those are nice guns & very reliable, provided you do your part. I'm a Glock fan/armorer but if I couldn't have a Glock or a Wilson Combat 1911, I'd absolutely take one of those.
  • 02-11-2013, 11:19 PM
    KMG
    Sho220,
    I think that is just the right size and has just enough flash. I also don't think he meant you not liking guns. More just saying if you don't then move on and don't post.

My big Smith nickel finish wheel gun is one of my favorite carries because of its size and flash.
  • 02-11-2013, 11:19 PM
    sho220
    Quote:

Originally Posted by youbeyouibei View Post
    Those are nice guns & very reliable, provided you do your part. I'm a Glock fan/armorer but if I couldn't have a Glock or a Wilson Combat 1911, I'd absolutely take one of those.

It's a blast to shoot, but not as dependable as this...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3.../IMG_11109.jpg

I don't think it's ever failed to go bang when I pulled the trigger.
  • 02-11-2013, 11:21 PM
    sho220
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KMG View Post
    Sho220,
    I think that is just the right size and has just enough flash. I also don't think he meant you not liking guns. More just saying if you don't then move on and don't post.

My big Smith nickel finish wheel gun is one of my favorite carries because of its size and flash.

Open carry would be fun, but it's tough to be discreet if you're conceal carrying it.
  • 02-11-2013, 11:25 PM
    pigfat
    I carry 24/7. Obviously I wear it on duty, but I never go anywhere without one under my shirt. I usually carry my Glock 22 or Kimber 1911. Have several AR's-DMPS, Armalite, Colt. I have many shotguns all 12 gage. But my favorite is my Armalite AR-50...that's right, .50 cal!!
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/12/uruqutud.jpg
  • 02-11-2013, 11:28 PM
    KMG
    I have wide shoulders with a narrow waist which makes it pretty easy to conceal with just a tshirt.
  • 02-11-2013, 11:30 PM
    KMG
    Pigfat,
    I have a feeling we would get along.
  • 02-11-2013, 11:32 PM
    Seanjackmc
    Quote:

sorry for tre miscommunication I wasn't tiring to imply that. I just meant I didn't want to start a debate as to carry or not. It wasn't directed towards you. I apologize for the lack of clarification.
  • 02-11-2013, 11:34 PM
    sho220
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pigfat View Post
    I carry 24/7. Obviously I wear it on duty, but I never go anywhere without one under my shirt. I usually carry my Glock 22 or Kimber 1911. Have several AR's-DMPS, Armalite, Colt. I have many shotguns all 12 gage. But my favorite is my Armalite AR-50...that's right, .50 cal!!

That is ridiculous. Love it!
    :gj:
    youbeyouibei
    Quote:

I have wide shoulders with a narrow waist which makes it pretty easy to conceal with just a tshirt.

If only...I'm wide all the way around, lmao! I prefer "stocky" or "husky", for the record. IWB holsters or baggy shirts do fine for me.

To Pigfat: That .50...HECK YEAH to that! Have much trouble finding a range to shoot it at though? If there's any drawback, that and the price of ammo are the only two I can think of, lol!
    Seanjackmc
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pigfat View Post

You win!!!!!!!
  • 02-11-2013, 11:35 PM
    KMG
    Sean your silly. There is no debate, you should carry. Haha!
  • 02-11-2013, 11:37 PM
    sho220
    Quote:

sorry for tre miscommunication I wasn't tiring to imply that. I just meant I didn't want to start a debate as to carry or not. It wasn't directed towards you. I apologize for the lack of clarification.

Sorry...my bad.

I really need to make the time to get my cc permit. I've been putting it off for a while now, but things are really getting kooky. It has moved to the top of my to-do list. :D
  • 02-11-2013, 11:40 PM
    Seanjackmc
    Quote:

Sean your silly. There is no debate, you should carry. Haha!

Lol! Amen, again I'm not trying to start a debate. I love guns and truly believe in having one on me at all times! Not always available with laws and schools ect... But man there are some crazies out there and they don't care where you are or who you are, evil is evil. God bless all you gun toting citizens. Wish there were more of us! I dont think guns are for everyone but if you can be safe with one and keep it safe from others arm up!
  • 02-11-2013, 11:43 PM
    Seanjackmc
    Quote:

Sorry...my bad.

I really need to make the time to get my cc permit. I've been putting it off for a while now, but things are really getting kooky. It has moved to the top of my to-do list. :D

No worries, it's the Internet stuff happens:) go get your cc. If nothing else it gives you the option. Plus at least in Michigan it makes buying a gun much easier. After sandy hook, god bless those victims I bought as much ammo as I could afford. Times are changing.
  • 02-11-2013, 11:47 PM
    sho220
    If you guys have any tips for someone considering conceal carry please pass them on. Caliber you prefer/poly frame or steel frame/holsters, etc. And pics of your carry rigs would be awesome too! :D
  • 02-11-2013, 11:51 PM
    Missvan
    Collectively, I have six handguns, an AR-15, two hunting rifles, and oneee shotgun!

Handguns:
    http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/w...pse9a2d9b8.jpg
    Top Row (left to right):
    Smith & Wesson .40 cal
    the baby Ruger .22 cal
    Ruger SR9C (9mm) - my newest baby!
    Bottom Row (left to right):
    Walther PPK .380
    Ruger P85 9mm
    Ruger LCP .380

Here's another picture of my Ruger SR9C ;) and yes, it is on my Hello Kitty blanket. Don't hate <3.
    http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps88e2c9a9.jpg

And here is the AR-15:
    http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps92f15426.jpg

The next one I want is a Sig 226 special, but I've been spending too much money on snakes and have to wait a bit longer :please:. I do not currently have my CHL, but will hopefully get it soon. I've been procrastinating and haven't set aside the time to get it done.
  • 02-11-2013, 11:52 PM
    Seanjackmc
    Quote:

If you guys have any tips for someone considering conceal carry please pass them on. Caliber you prefer/poly frame or steel frame/holsters, etc. And pics of your carry rigs would be awesome too! :D

Check back in the morning, ill put up some picks of my carry set up. It's a Glock 27 .40 cal. With a IWB holster. One tip I've found. Holster is everything, don't care what gun you have (obviously super large frame guns excluded) the right holster can make most guns disappear. A good stif belt is important as well.
  • 02-12-2013, 12:21 AM
    KMG
    Sho220,
    Usually the shooting test is nothing more but making sure you can hit paper.

As for carry options I have almost as many holster as I have guns. Don't skimp on a holster. If the carry rig isn't comfortable you will not wear it. With the holster a good study belt helps a ton.

Some of my favorite holsters are the bladetec iwb, desantis iwb, and tuff products pocketholster. I also really like the blackhawk serpa cqc holster. They are harder to conceal but are comfy and secure. They have a nice draw too.

As far as gun or caliber. That's all up to you. Just pick a gun you feel confident with, can operate, and at least field strip for cleaning. If you can shoot a 44mag that's great. But if you can't hit your mark the big slug is useless. A hit with a 380 is better than a million misses with a 45.

Once you pick your combo. Practice drawing. Most ranges will not allow drawing on line. If you can find one, train there.

Most shootings happen close, 3 to 7 feet. Anyone can shot a human size target at that range. What most people forget to do is practice drawing. A bobble drawing can be all it takes for the situation go bad. Practice in different positions sitting, kneeling, standing, in your vehicle, with a jacket, etc.

Also practice reloads. I suggest using snap caps.

Always triple check you have an empty weapon when you practice drawing.
  • 02-12-2013, 01:00 AM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    I have a Glock 19 in my nightstand and I carry a Ruger LCP .380 (perfect compact size, fits great under any type of cloth with a small of back holster)

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/a...-41-09_121.jpg
  • 02-12-2013, 01:09 AM
    sho220
    Quote:

Sho220,
    Usually the shooting test is nothing more but making sure you can hit paper.

As for carry options I have almost as many holster as I have guns. Don't skimp on a holster. If the carry rig isn't comfortable you will not wear it. With the holster a good study belt helps a ton.

Some of my favorite holsters are the bladetec iwb, desantis iwb, and tuff products pocketholster. I also really like the blackhawk serpa cqc holster. They are harder to conceal but are comfy and secure. They have a nice draw too.

As far as gun or caliber. That's all up to you. Just pick a gun you feel confident with, can operate, and at least field strip for cleaning. If you can shoot a 44mag that's great. But if you can't hit your mark the big slug is useless. A hit with a 380 is better than a million misses with a 45.

Once you pick your combo. Practice drawing. Most ranges will not allow drawing on line. If you can find one, train there.

Most shootings happen close, 3 to 7 feet. Anyone can shot a human size target at that range. What most people forget to do is practice drawing. A bobble drawing can be all it takes for the situation go bad. Practice in different positions sitting, kneeling, standing, in your vehicle, with a jacket, etc.

Also practice reloads. I suggest using snap caps.

Always triple check you have an empty weapon when you practice drawing.

Thanks for all the info. Appreciate it!
  • 02-12-2013, 01:28 AM
    GuNDeZZZ
    I carry my glock 26 pretty much everywhere I go.

I have owned a ton of handguns and swear by glocks.

I do want an lcp or similar for pocket carry though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
  • 02-12-2013, 02:36 AM
    Effinch
    Sig 229 daily carry
  • 02-12-2013, 03:43 AM
    BPro927
    glock 23 (conceal carried)
    berreta 92 g (duty)
    12 ga supernova
    remmington 30.06
    50 cal muzzleloader

locked in a safe!
  • 02-12-2013, 03:59 AM
    sfdefender25
    I have a S&W Sigma 40 and Ruger LC9 9mm that I conceal carry. I carry pretty much everywhere. I am military police and live in Tucson. The crime rate there is terrible. I would rather have it and never need it than need it and not have it.
  • 02-12-2013, 07:45 AM
    PitOnTheProwl
    His and her 12g and 20g
    http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h1...-58-00_176.jpg

The handgun list is long but I like my Ruger P89, CZ Mod83, or Rossi .357 while my wife loves her S&W Mod 60LS.
  • 02-12-2013, 10:25 AM
    33rpm
    If I could, I would. Made some big mistakes when I was younger, still paying for them almost 20 years later... My family and my Wife's family are avid gun owners. I will be looking into some sort of crossbow, eventually. Better than nothing. If and when my Wife wants a gun in the house, her dad will just give her one of his. I did get to hold my brother-in-law's AR-15 (he's a Green Beret, love ya J!). Sooo nice!
  • 02-12-2013, 10:43 AM
    MrLang
    Going to preface this post by saying I'm not here to troll, talk bad about your right to carry, or any of that. For whatever record, I do believe people have the right to carry if they decide they want to. I am just here to gain a better personal understanding of your decisions.

Quote:

not as much as I should

What does this mean? Do you feel there are times you need a gun but don't have one? Have you or anyone you have ever known ever had a need for a firearm at your hip? Can you describe the situation if it's not too personal?

I guess I would extend this question to everyone here who carries regularly. Though it is statistically insignificant the amount of times a violent break-in happens to an otherwise law abiding citizen while they are home, I can understand why people keep them for home protection. I can definitely understand why people keep them for sport.

They say you shouldn't pull a gun on someone unless you plan to use it. I'm not formally asking this question because I'm sure you will all say there would be no hesitation, but would you really shoot someone down if they weren't going to take your life? The follow up question is this: do you find yourself in situations where a complete stranger would make a decision to take your life? I've lived in poor neighborhoods before in the US and in more dangerous countries and can say it is going to be a hard sell if you tell me you live in a bad neighborhood and that's why you think someone will kill you on the street. The biggest risk you have is losing your wallet and having to call the bank to cancel your cards.

Again, not coming here to stir things up, etc, and none of you have to reply / I don't want to fully derail your thread. If anyone feels compelled to address this stuff in a calm, logical, and reasonable manor citing real knowledge I would be very interested in the response.
  • 02-12-2013, 10:58 AM
    33rpm
    How could someone KNOW that they "weren't" going to take their life, or attempt too?? Should an innocent person really have to endure a potential beating, non-fatal stabbing, etc. to themselves, let alone their family, because their crystal ball was in the shop? I cannot legally own a firearm, but am glad all of my loved ones around me do!
  • 02-12-2013, 11:04 AM
    Rob
    I own, but don't see a point in CC. One, no one is going to look at me and say " I think it's a smart idea to mug that guy". Two, most likely a civilian shooting someone for anything less then going on a killing spree is going to jail for a while. I don't have a issue with others CC if they really need a gun to feel safe, but it's not for me.
  • 02-12-2013, 11:07 AM
    33rpm
    http://www.examiner.com/article/medi...-armed-citizen

Things you DON'T see on the evening "news"...
  • 02-12-2013, 11:11 AM
    swansonbb
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MrLang View Post
    Going to preface this post by saying I'm not here to troll, talk bad about your right to carry, or any of that. For whatever record, I do believe people have the right to carry if they decide they want to. I am just here to gain a better personal understanding of your decisions.

What does this mean? Do you feel there are times you need a gun but don't have one? Have you or anyone you have ever known ever had a need for a firearm at your hip? Can you describe the situation if it's not too personal?

I guess I would extend this question to everyone here who carries regularly. Though it is statistically insignificant the amount of times a violent break-in happens to an otherwise law abiding citizen while they are home, I can understand why people keep them for home protection. I can definitely understand why people keep them for sport.

They say you shouldn't pull a gun on someone unless you plan to use it. I'm not formally asking this question because I'm sure you will all say there would be no hesitation, but would you really shoot someone down if they weren't going to take your life? The follow up question is this: do you find yourself in situations where a complete stranger would make a decision to take your life? I've lived in poor neighborhoods before in the US and in more dangerous countries and can say it is going to be a hard sell if you tell me you live in a bad neighborhood and that's why you think someone will kill you on the street. The biggest risk you have is losing your wallet and having to call the bank to cancel your cards.

Again, not coming here to stir things up, etc, and none of you have to reply / I don't want to fully derail your thread. If anyone feels compelled to address this stuff in a calm, logical, and reasonable manor citing real knowledge I would be very interested in the response.

I'm happy to explain my reasons.

Pre-gun, I lived in a decent neighborhood with my (then) wife and 2 kids. Maybe 25 houses in the neighborhood, generally quiet. At some point, the bi-polar neighbor who lived catty-corner to my property started dealing drugs. There started to be a lot of issues - as you might imagine. A new neighbor moved in next door with a few large dogs. One of them had puppies. Those puppies grew up and were largely neglected. As they grew, two of them became extremely vicious. They were allowed to wander they neighborhood and would have attacked my (then) 5 year old while she was selling girl scout cookies to another neighbor, had I not intervened. Again, at this point, I had no gun - though if I had, both of them would have been destroyed on the spot.

Fast forward a few years - I no longer live in that neighborhood. I've moved to a very small apartment. Wife & I had split, and I was dating someone else. My gf's ex is insane. He used to abuse her regularly. He was none too thrilled when she and I started dating. He started driving by my place late at night. This guy's an avid hunter - I knew he had a collection of rifles, shotguns, handguns, ... I have little kids. He started making threats against my life.

I guess for me it came down to the desire to feel safe(r) and have the ability to protect my family. Restraining orders are a joke. Animal control is unresponsive in my area. And when seconds count, the police are minutes a way.

I hope I never have to use my gun for anything other than target shooting (which is so fun it's scary!). I wouldn't kill someone over property issues, as it's both illegal and immoral. But if someone breaks into my home, while I'm there, I'll always consider that a threat against my life and that of my children. I'll deal with it accordingly.

Hope that helps you understand my rationale. Feel free to ask any questions!
  • 02-12-2013, 11:14 AM
    KMG
    I'm a police officer and I carry everyday, everywhere. Usually two. I have while off duty pulled my gun, most times were to stop a crime I happened upon.

If someone was to rob me I would not hesitate to shoot them. There is no guarantee that the robber will not hurt or kill you if you fully cooperate. I would like to make sure they never get the chance to harm me or anybody else ever again. I carry a pocket pistol next to my wallet so it appears I'm giving it up, but surprise.

The world is just to crazy to not have something, if possible, to protect yourself. You can bet the criminals do.