Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,059

2 members and 1,057 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,219
Threads: 248,626
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Langdon

Goodbye, Loki...

Printable View

• 10-06-2012, 01:23 AM
    xFenrir
    Goodbye, Loki...
    Loki, the first snake I ever owned, passed away tonight... My boyfriend was the one who found her. :( He said she was roaming around like usual when he left (she usually comes out of her log when it starts to get dark and roams for an hour or so), and he had just gotten home and hung up the phone with me when he found her... She was just laying there outside her log...

We have absolutely no idea what happened, but my best guess is that she just never kicked her sickness, combined with not eating regularly and the recent move, there was just too much stress and it was too much for her... It's really heartbreaking for both of us, she was starting to eat more regularly and we thought she was finally getting better... I just watched her eat last night... :tears: I just hope that she didn't suffer at the end, that it was quick and painless for her...

Goodbye Loki, we'll never forget you... You're in a better place now... :please:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...Snakes/4-2.jpg
  • 10-06-2012, 01:34 AM
    angllady2
    Aww. I am so very sorry you lost your first love. That is such a hard thing to live through. Take comfort in the fact that you did the best you could for her. I know it doesn't seem like it right now, but one day you will find room in your heart for another. None will ever replace her, and you shouldn't try to. But one to share her place in your heart ? Yes, there is always room for one more, even when our head says there isn't.

May you grieve your friend with dignity, mourn her with love, remember her with gratitude, and may despair for her never darken your door.

Gale
  • 10-06-2012, 01:35 AM
    RoseyReps
    I'm so sorry for your loss :tears:
    She was a beautiful girl.
  • 10-06-2012, 01:35 AM
    Solarsoldier001
    I'm so sorry for your lose. She looks so you g to have passed away! What was she sick from?

|1.0 Pewter - Dexter|
    |1.0 Butter Het OG - Butters|
    |0.1 Pinstripe - Honey|
    |0.1 Lesser - Pepper|
    |0.1 Butter Het OG - Aurora|
    |0.1 Spider Het OG - Betsy|
    |0.1 Mojave - Maya|

Sent from iPhone using tapatalk :)
  • 10-06-2012, 01:40 AM
    Capray
    So sorry to hear. She was gorgeous. :(
  • 10-06-2012, 01:47 AM
    PorcelainxDoll
    Poor thing! I am so sorry :(

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
  • 10-06-2012, 01:51 AM
    Kinra
    I'm sorry for your loss, she was very pretty. :(
  • 10-06-2012, 02:01 AM
    xFenrir
    Thank you everyone for the thoughts, it means a lot. My boyfriend and I just recently moved back in with our respective parents last Sunday, so it's especially hard... We plan to bury Loki tomorrow at their house... She was just about 3 years old. :tears: I know that a lot of people wouldn't understand why we are so sad over "just a snake", but she was part of our family, and was our little baby...

She suffered from a reoccurring R.I. and the last vet visit also revealed a fungal infection in her throat. They gave us antibiotics but they weren't sure if it had spread... She was supposed to go back in soon because she was still having trouble swallowing even pinkies, and we were afraid that the infection was still there. Watching her try so hard to eat was heartbreaking, but we had held out hope that she would get better... :(
  • 10-06-2012, 06:41 AM
    ballpythonluvr
    Re: Goodbye, Loki...
    I am so sorry for your loss! I am feeling a bit wishy washy this morning and this really brought tears to my eyes. :tears: It is devastating to lose a beloved pet. I lost my cat a few years ago to megacolon. I had to have him put down and boy do I ever miss him. May you find peace and know that your girl is no longer suffering.
  • 10-06-2012, 08:17 AM
    gsarchie
    Sorry to hear that but at least she isn't sick anymore, right? No more suffering.

Are you down to just the boa now?
  • 10-06-2012, 09:13 AM
    Flikky
    I'm sorry for your loss. I wish you nothing but the best with your other snake and any future ones. Stay strong :oops:
  • 10-06-2012, 09:53 AM
    Fidget
    I'm so sorry your Loki is gone. Wishing you comfort and happy memories.
  • 10-06-2012, 10:02 AM
    DooLittle
    I'm so sorry to hear that. It is so hard to lose a pet. Don't ever feel "its just a snake", its a pet that you loved. Try to keep you chin up, only time will heal.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
  • 10-07-2012, 12:56 AM
    xFenrir
    She got a proper burial today, which was nice, although it was very hard to see her... We buried her in the little cloth bag we brought her home in, it just seemed appropriate. I expected to feel her moving at any minute. :(

Although I never wanted her to pass away, I know at least her long struggle and sufferings are over, and she's in a better place now. :( We definitely plan to add another snake to our family one day, but we will wait for now, and I'm sure when the right time comes to get a new addition we will know. :) All this has just cemented my resolve to become a herp vet, because I want to have the knowledge to be able to save other snakes and animals, instead of feeling helpless and hoping that the vets will have the answers. (I just can't get over that first vet we went to. I feel like we put Loki through all that stress twice just for nothing...)
  • 10-07-2012, 01:01 AM
    Coleslaw007
    I'm so sorry :( She was gorgeous and I remember reading so many posts you've written about her and mentioned her, I'm quite sad to hear she's gone.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
  • 11-02-2012, 08:30 PM
    karmak
    Im so sorry to hear about Loki! Its hard to loose somthing you love. Loki will be waiting at the rainbow bridge for you though! Untill then Satin will give you great comfort im sure! (:

-Breana