Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,268

1 members and 1,267 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,223
Threads: 248,634
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, mizmenabee
  • 03-13-2017, 11:16 AM
    rock
    This is my Bredli. There are many like it...
    ... But, this one is mine.

He will arrive in two days, Wednesday morning, so this is the only picture I have of him. Thought it was a good place to start charting his progression!

https://ball-pythons.net/gallery/fil.../4/5/image.jpg
  • 03-13-2017, 11:54 AM
    EL-Ziggy
    Re: This is my Bredli. There are many like it...
    Very nice Bredli Rock! Is it a stonewashed or normal?
  • 03-13-2017, 12:15 PM
    rock
    Thanks, Ziggy! Good call, he is 100% Het for Stonewashed.
  • 03-13-2017, 02:10 PM
    cletus
    Really cool snake! Congrats!
  • 03-13-2017, 02:32 PM
    rock
    Thank you, Cletus. My first departure from ball pythons. Looking forward to the challenge, Bredli were at the top of my list for awhile.
  • 03-13-2017, 09:22 PM
    Tigerhawk
    He looks great. I'm sure you are going to enjoy him.
  • 03-13-2017, 09:22 PM
    DLena
    Beautiful snake. Congrats. Hope he arrives all safe and sound.
  • 03-13-2017, 09:28 PM
    Thom Noble
    Awesome addition!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 03-13-2017, 09:40 PM
    Gio
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rock View Post
    Thank you, Cletus. My first departure from ball pythons. Looking forward to the challenge, Bredli were at the top of my list for awhile.

I think this departure will be the start of something special.

Not only is that a beautiful snake, the species in general is one of the most rewarding IMO. You will see terrestrial as well as highly arboreal behaviors if you set the animal up properly.

Bredli are one of the largest of the carpet group. Only eclipsed in size by the southern, Brisbane, locality coastals.

I have a short list of snakes I would like to add here and you have one of the picks!

Congrats!!! Keep this thread filled with pictures and updates.
  • 03-13-2017, 10:37 PM
    rock
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigerhawk View Post
    He looks great. I'm sure you are going to enjoy him.

Thank you, I believe so too!
  • 03-13-2017, 10:41 PM
    rock
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DLena View Post
    Beautiful snake. Congrats. Hope he arrives all safe and sound.

Much appreciated. I hope so as well. First time receiving and animal by air drop. Every video I've seen makes it out to be no big deal but I will be a little bit cautious. Plus, I really only have a slight idea of how large he will be as a 2015 birth!
  • 03-13-2017, 10:48 PM
    rock
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Thom Noble View Post
    Awesome addition!

Thanks, Thom. I think so too. I was interested in a lot if not all of the carpet python complex. My thinking was, if I can only add one more, which would be the most unique and valuable to me. Bredli everytime, Brisbane coastal close second. Third was basically every other carpet.

Which means if I add two more it will end up being at least 6 additional. Then, minus one, because my wife will grab one of the return flights out!
  • 03-13-2017, 10:53 PM
    redshepherd
    Congrats, he's beautiful!! Getting a brand new species is always extra exciting!
  • 03-13-2017, 11:00 PM
    rock
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    I think this departure will be the start of something special.

Not only is that a beautiful snake, the species in general is one of the most rewarding IMO. You will see terrestrial as well as highly arboreal behaviors if you set the animal up properly.

Bredli are one of the largest of the carpet group. Only eclipsed in size by the southern, Brisbane, locality coastals.

I have a short list of snakes I would like to add here and you have one of the picks!

Congrats!!! Keep this thread filled with pictures and updates.

Thank you, Gio, and well said. I am hoping it is exactly as you have written and everything else that I have seen so far. Looking forward to my kids reactions as well. They have really enjoyed the BP additions.

Brisbane? Love those too. Almost won out due to potential size and the fact that both the Brisbane and Bredli are legitimate "wild" examples that I wanted to add next to my BP morphs.

I will definitely post updates!
  • 03-13-2017, 11:06 PM
    rock
    Quote:

Originally Posted by redshepherd View Post
    Congrats, he's beautiful!! Getting a brand new species is always extra exciting!

Thank you, and that is definitely a big part of it. New species, new continent. Really excited.
  • 03-13-2017, 11:51 PM
    EL-Ziggy
    @ Rock- I was keeping colubrids and decided I wanted a new challenge. Morelia was the perfect fit for me. I was originally seduced by the gorgeous black and yellow jungles and knew I had to have one. I was waiting for a breeder to hatch a jungle clutch when I saw some pictures of another forum member's (Reinz) coastal carpets that blew my mind. So I got one. Then came the jungle, the Bredli, another jungle and finally an albino. Needless to say they've become my favorite species to work with. I really think you'll have a lot of with your guy. Who produced your Bredli btw?
  • 03-14-2017, 12:46 AM
    rock
    Quote:

Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
    @ Rock- I was keeping colubrids and decided I wanted a new challenge. Morelia was the perfect fit for me. I was originally seduced by the gorgeous black and yellow jungles and knew I had to have one. I was waiting for a breeder to hatch a jungle clutch when I saw some pictures of another forum member's (Reinz) coastal carpets that blew my mind. So I got one. Then came the jungle, the Bredli, another jungle and finally an albino. Needless to say they've become my favorite species to work with. I really think you'll have a lot of with your guy. Who produced your Bredli btw?

Amazing collection you have. Jungle is what caught my eye first as well. Then a jag. Wanted both. Coastals and Bredlis solidified Morelia for me and then I found an Inland... Long story short, a Super Caramel Jag almost made it's way home but I kept thinking I should start with a Bredli.

Great question, Nick Mutton. I really like what he produces and he was very forthcoming and informative over the phone. The lineage runs through Nick Stark via Lazik line male and females. My male comes directly from a Stonewashed male and a Lazik line female. From my overall understanding that means as a het offspring he should look like a normal Bredli but I'll keep my eye out to see if there are any subtle differences.
  • 03-14-2017, 01:28 AM
    CALM Pythons
    Very nice.. And love your Thread Title, caught my eye .. "many like it, but this one is mine" :gj::salute:
  • 03-14-2017, 02:11 AM
    EL-Ziggy
    I kinda thought it was a Nick Mutton animal but didn't want to assume. The picture looks like the ones he takes and I window shop on his site a lot :). He's great to talk with, do business with, and he produces some really nice animals. I got the first 3 of my 5 carpets from Nick. A Coastal, Jungle and a normal Bredli. I know you said your male was het for stonewash but he looks more stonewash than normal to me. :)
  • 03-14-2017, 08:42 AM
    rock
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Sully View Post
    Very nice.. And love your Thread Title, caught my eye .. "many like it, but this one is mine" :gj::salute:

Thank you, Sully! The title did seem to resonate with me.
  • 03-14-2017, 09:01 AM
    rock
    Quote:

I kinda thought it was a Nick Mutton animal but didn't want to assume. The picture looks like the ones he takes and I window shop on his site a lot :). He's great to talk with, do business with, and he produces some really nice animals. I got the first 3 of my 5 carpets from Nick. A Coastal, Jungle and a normal Bredli. I know you said your male was het for stonewash but he looks more stonewash than normal to me. :)

Yes, I do like his pictures because he makes it easy to compare the nuances of each animal and look up the lineage of each clutch. Also, he was very responsive to email or phone and as I mentioned, he spent the time to talk through a number of topics related to snakes which I thoroughly enjoyed. I know there are some great people and breeders around and he is definitely at the top of my list. Glad you had the same experience.

As for the stonewash, we'll definitely see. I do appreciate "normal/wild", hypo, stonewashed, Afors, Price, etc... The clinch was that he was a 2015. Thought it was a better choice for me. We'll see on that too. Starting to think I might need to pick up a small snake hook today just in case.

A year in the tub then a 3000 mile plane trip. I might not find a welcome reception reaching into that bag tomorrow! :confusd:
  • 03-14-2017, 10:22 AM
    EL-Ziggy
    @ Rock- I'm excited for your new arrival. You probably won't need a hook for the new guy. A glove should suffice ;). My Bredli was a little snappy for the first few weeks which surprised me because they're considered one of the more docile carpets. He grew out of it quickly though and is very tame now. If your guy is a 2015 I wouldn't expect him to weigh much more than 150-200g. I got a 2014 yearling coastal from Nick in late 2015. He was 85g on arrival but he's grown quickly.
  • 03-14-2017, 11:16 AM
    rock
    Quote:

@ Rock- I'm excited for your new arrival. You probably won't need a hook for the new guy. A glove should suffice ;). My Bredli was a little snappy for the first few weeks which surprised me because they're considered one of the more docile carpets. He grew out of it quickly though and is very tame now. If your guy is a 2015 I wouldn't expect him to weigh much more than 150-200g. I got a 2014 yearling coastal from Nick in late 2015. He was 85g on arrival but he's grown quickly.

Just a glove, eh? Oh boy.

Thank you for the mutual excitement. I think my kids (8, 5) are going to lose their minds with happiness. My wife is going to lose her #@%&* mind. And the 10 lb dog we have is going to ask for confirmation that she is not a future meal.

It's all relative. For us that only have small BPs, this 2015 Morelia is going to seem major no matter what size he weighs in at tomorrow.

Gloves, eh? 1 or 2?? :tears:
  • 03-14-2017, 11:45 AM
    EL-Ziggy
    I'm just kidding with you Rock. You won't even need the glove. The snake isn't big enough for it's bite to hurt but who likes getting bit? I sure don't so I do use one glove to unbox my new critters until I see how they're going to react. Once they settle down and I know they're not going to bite I'll remove the glove.
  • 03-14-2017, 06:10 PM
    rock
    Okay, thanks. I see the point of the glove, though. I'm going to give him some space the first week anyway but I will have to move him in.

Tonight's the night. He should be on his way to the airport soon. It's the final countdown...
  • 03-15-2017, 09:10 AM
    rock
    I received an email from Nick this morning, that he sent last night, which included the following advisory from FedEx: :( :tears:

Critical! WINTER STORM WARNING- Tuesday Update: We are receiving storm reports and warnings, including FedEx Service Alerts, about storms and delays that extend through the first of the week. As of Tuesday morning, we are seeing about 30% of packages that were shipped Monday being delayed. Insurance is disabled at this time. We strongly suggest holding off on live animal shipments and check back with us on Wednesday, late morning. At that time we will be able to read and react to delay reports from Tuesday, and if possible we will lift the warning, and turn insurance function back on. Thanks for your understanding and patience, we want your animals to travel safely and responsibly!

• 03-15-2017, 09:11 AM
    Craiga 01453
    Quote:

... But, this one is mine.

He will arrive in two days, Wednesday morning, so this is the only picture I have of him. Thought it was a good place to start charting his progression!

https://ball-pythons.net/gallery/fil.../4/5/image.jpg

"This one's for fighting, this one's for fun"
    Hahahaha, beautiful new snake!!!
  • 03-15-2017, 09:16 AM
    rock
    You've got it, Craig! Thank you. I am disappointed with the travel delay but I am sure the wait will be worth it.
  • 03-15-2017, 09:26 AM
    Craiga 01453
    Oh I'm sure the wait will be worth it. Lots of snow up north the past few days. Not sure if that impacted delivery or not, but I wish I was in FL right now!!!
  • 03-15-2017, 09:36 AM
    rock
    Even though he is coming from Washington I am sure all the snow affected things. Seems like the travel advisory to live animals is system-wide.

This morning in Miami was 60 but sunny. One of our coldest days this winter. No complaints.
  • 03-15-2017, 09:59 AM
    Craiga 01453
    Quote:

Even though he is coming from Washington I am sure all the snow affected things. Seems like the travel advisory to live animals is system-wide.

This morning in Miami was 60 but sunny. One of our coldest days this winter. No complaints.

Yeah, and I'd would certainly want to err on the side of caution when shipping a live animal.
    I'm in MA, it was 60 last week, now we have 18" of snow on the ground and it's hit single digit temps the last 4 or 5 days. Gotta love New England weather!! I keep saying I'm moving south, but just can't bring myself to leave my family.
  • 03-15-2017, 10:23 AM
    rock
    Yes, no reason to push it, I can wait another week. Glad I kept the surprise of his arrival today from the kids, so they won't be disappointed.

Maine is beautiful, enjoy it!
  • 03-15-2017, 10:29 AM
    EL-Ziggy
    Dagnabit! Stupid snow! :mad: (JK) The best things in life are worth waiting for. ;)
  • 03-15-2017, 10:53 AM
    rock
    Yep, if FedEx suspends their insurance on the animals its a safe bet it's a no-go. I'll just have a little more time to fix up the "Snake Den" (office/computer room) and order a few new products.
  • 03-20-2017, 06:11 PM
    rock
    "Waitin', watchin' the clock, it's four o'clock, it's got to stop... "

No, I can't find a better snake.

And just when I think I can't wait any longer I get the call from, Nick, my new little guy is flying out tonight! :snake: :gj:
  • 03-20-2017, 10:45 PM
    EL-Ziggy
    Great news Rock! New critter in T minus 12 hrs.
  • 03-21-2017, 08:48 AM
    rock
  • 03-21-2017, 08:55 AM
    zina10
    are you sitting by the door ?? :P
  • 03-21-2017, 09:38 AM
    rock
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    are you sitting by the door ?? :P

Yes!!! :P
  • 03-21-2017, 09:45 AM
    Prognathodon
    I figured rock would be pacing! [emoji4]

• 03-21-2017, 10:35 AM
    zina10
    I wonder if he is admiring his little one yet ;)
  • 03-21-2017, 10:38 AM
    rock
    He's here, he's heeeerrrreee!

I don't have time for a write up but I think we have a winner!!! Sweet little guy. Didn't want to tag me at all. Yeah, I was a little cautious as he wanted to crawl up my arm and wrap around me. I'll post a few quick pics and then give a proper write up tonight!
  • 03-21-2017, 10:50 AM
    rock
  • 03-21-2017, 11:00 AM
    EL-Ziggy
    Congrats Rock! I'm glad he got there safe and sound. He looks GREAT too. I really think you're going to enjoy him a lot. There much different than BPs.
  • 03-21-2017, 11:07 AM
    zina10
    What a Beauty !!!! Wow.

Like the Ariat shoe box hide, LOL.
  • 03-21-2017, 11:08 AM
    rock
    Quote:

Congrats Rock! I'm glad he got there safe and sound. He looks GREAT too. I really think you're going to enjoy him a lot. There much different than BPs.

Thank you, Zig, I think he looks GREAT too! Really love his coloring. Had to see him in some natural light and he handled it like a champ considering it might have been his first time. I can tell already he will be very different from the BPs. Much faster and more curious. I could have been chasing him across the yard if he let me but he was also pretty relaxed as well. He wasn't like a live wire all over the place. Yep, just perfect I guess. :)
  • 03-21-2017, 11:12 AM
    rock
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    What a Beauty !!!! Wow.

Like the Ariat shoe box hide, LOL.

Thank you!!! I am very happy to say the least.
    Ariat, lol. You must be an equestrian as well. :salute: My daughter's shoe box seemed like the right size to start.
  • 03-21-2017, 01:02 PM
    KingNoFace
    I love Carpets... Beautiful snake. Love the morph :)
  • 03-21-2017, 05:05 PM
    Prognathodon
    He's a pretty one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • 03-21-2017, 05:32 PM
    redshepherd
    Wowie, congrats!! :D What a cute lil dude!