Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,764

3 members and 1,761 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,400
Threads: 248,766
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Miramiraonthewa11
  • 09-12-2018, 11:15 PM
    SunshineWalker
    Esmeralda - Bayonnaise Leachie
    You Guys,

I have been indoctrinated into the reptile owner's club... or at least that is what my fiancee says. He has been a reptile owner for many years, and I have had a group, a pack, a clutch??? of reptiles that have moved in with him 2 years ago.

But never one for my own.... and actually although I have owned 3 dogs, I have never even picked a pet for my own.

Until last weekend, when we went to the White Plains Reptile Expo, and I saw a reptile that I just really was intrigued by. A Leachie Gecko. (Please be kind if I get the terminology wrong. I am still learning!). We ended up holding several and I just really fell in love with this one little girl...

Next thing I know, we've got a cage, a lizard (gecko?) and a whole bunch of other stuff. So without further adieu, I introduce:

ESMERALDA - or Ezzy for short.

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/ImAf4Jj.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/SWm6Oz6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/4WP3WOL.jpg[/IMG]

Exploring her new home.

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/QT1GCPT.jpg[/IMG]

That little foot tho!

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/1ZnAyAz.jpg[/IMG]
  • 09-12-2018, 11:21 PM
    Dianne
    Re: Esmeralda - Bayonnaise Leachie
    Very cool new addition! Be warned, reptiles tend to be addictive. :D
  • 09-12-2018, 11:27 PM
    tttaylorrr
    SOOOOO cute!!! congrats! [emoji3] i cant wait to watch her grow [emoji4]
  • 09-12-2018, 11:29 PM
    Sonny1318
    Very cool, congratulations.
  • 09-12-2018, 11:39 PM
    SunshineWalker
    So Dakski has told me I should have included some stats...

Esmeralda is about 4-5 years old, and she is 185 grams! I'm not sure what else to write about her... LOL. How about some more pictures?

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/EzUZE1V.jpg[/IMG][IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/LIlfUJY.jpg[/IMG]

Is this normal behavior, or have I broken her already?:confusd:

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/yVFMMHH.jpg[/IMG]
  • 09-13-2018, 12:14 AM
    EL-Ziggy
    Congrats on the cool new critter!
  • 09-13-2018, 08:10 AM
    Skyrivers
    So cute. Love her camo.
  • 09-13-2018, 08:25 AM
    Avsha531
    She's adorable! I love those eyes[emoji7]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  • 09-13-2018, 04:28 PM
    Ax01
    OMG!! whatta reptile and whatta first pickup! now that's how u make an introduction!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunshineWalker View Post

$75?!! OMG that's like a tenth of the starting price for the world's biggest geckos at my shows. that's if there are any. i am sooo jealous right now!

Quote:

Is this normal behavior, or have I broken her already?:confusd:

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/yVFMMHH.jpg

lol so cute! yep, they can be wallflowers. i think u should get something like a Skyscraper, go bioactive and build the most beautiful vivarium for Ezzy!

:)
  • 09-13-2018, 04:30 PM
    AbsoluteApril
    congrats on the new addition! leachies are awesome little things aren't they. And yes, hanging upside down randomly is totally normal.
  • 09-13-2018, 04:30 PM
    mlededee
    Welcome to the club :D Esmeralda is lovely! Leachies have quite big personalities, I am sure you will get to know and love hers! Upside down on the side of the enclosure is normal behavior :) She looks great!
  • 09-13-2018, 04:32 PM
    AbsoluteApril
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    $75?!! OMG that's like a tenth of the starting price for the world's biggest geckos at my shows. that's if there are any. i am sooo jealous right now!

maybe it was $750?
    $75 is crazy, that's like crestie price.
  • 09-13-2018, 04:58 PM
    dakski
    Okay, so it's time for my version of the story and how SunshineWalker/Katie ended up as a happy Leachie Momma.

I had been wanting to go to this reptile show for a while and had plans to go with Katie and a few other people. The other people had to cancel (a few days before) and Katie was 20/80 she wanted to go.

I got up early Sunday morning (very unlike me - late sleeper and with the health issues happens about once every 2-3 weeks) and decided I wanted to go regardless. I called my friend Matt and asked if my "niece" Meghan wanted to go to the show. She said, yes.

I asked Katie if she would come with us and she said yes as well, because she new it was important to me and I had been looking forward to it for weeks.

We get to the show and do our quick walk around to see what's there. We saw one guy with a few Leachies and I could see that Katie's interest was peaked. We walked around some more and ended up at the Leapin Leachies table, with Steve the breeder (http://leapinleachies.com). He was super nice and answered a few questions I had and Katie was pointing out different animals she liked. He let her hold a few and then Katie said, "we better get out of here before we get something."

Now, to be clear, I am on reptile cut off. I am happy with my 7 tanks and 8 reptiles. I love my collection and it's still fun without being too much work and I can spend time with each animal bonding.

So, when I saw a few amazing snakes, I was in look, but don't touch or buy mode. Katie does not have the same restrictions, although I wasn't really thinking about that before I saw her eyes light up with those Leachies.

We walked around some more, looked at some more animals, and then, Katie found herself back at the Leapin Leachies table. I said, "huh, we are back with the Leachies." Now, I was leader of the pack and purposely walked Meghan and Katie back to that table to re-gauge Katie's interest.

She asked to hold a few more and ended up falling in love with Esmeralda. She was (and still is) super calm, 4 years old, so not old, but not a baby. In other words, sturdy. She's the first Leachie for our household.

Steve walked us around the show and helped us with the proper tank, food, substrate, etc. He has also been super helpful since the show and is very responsive by phone. He really seems to know his stuff. Not many Leachie breeders out there.

As Katie said, she is super happy she finally picked out a pet for her! Who would have thought it would be a reptile though? Not me!

I was thinking of getting her a Betta Fish for her office; something to keep her company. However, Katie took it to the next level. Esmeralda is set up next to Katie's desk and they keep each other company.

For what's worth, I couldn't be happier. I am thrilled Katie has embraced my reptiles, and clearly reptiles in general. I am also very happy for both Katie and Esmeralda. They are going to be buddies for a long time (Leachies can live 30-40 years).
  • 09-13-2018, 05:01 PM
    dakski
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
    maybe it was $750?

Quote:

OMG!! whatta reptile and whatta first pickup! now that's how u make an introduction!

lol so cute! yep, they can be wallflowers. i think u should get something like a Skyscraper, go bioactive and build the most beautiful vivarium for Ezzy!

That was just a holding container. To be clear. SHE WAS NOT $75, or $750! Much more.

If you want to know how much they go for, I will happily answer, but don't want to publicize it unless it's requested.

She was low-middle of the road in pricing for Leachies.

They only have a few eggs a year and there are not many breeders.
  • 09-13-2018, 05:12 PM
    SunshineWalker
    Quote:

Quote:

maybe it was $750?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    That was just a holding container. To be clear. SHE WAS NOT $75, or $750! Much more.

If you want to know how much they go for, I will happily answer, but don't want to publicize it unless it's requested.

Yes, I did not even realize that the container was marked as $75... I would have bought a half dozen. :P LOL

Thank you all for the warm welcome!
  • 09-13-2018, 05:13 PM
    AbsoluteApril
    okay cause I was like... holy crap $75. lol I paid well over $1000 for mine, you don't need to say how much, just if it was $75, you had better been willing to share breeder info XD

edit - I also got mine from Steve, great guy
  • 09-13-2018, 05:16 PM
    dakski
    Quote:

okay cause I was like... holy crap $75. lol I paid well over $1000 for mine, you don't need to say how much, just if it was $75, you had better been willing to share breeder info XD

edit - I also got mine from Steve, great guy

Breeder is Steve at Leapin Leachies (http://leapinleachies.com). Katie or I will write a review.

However, fantastic animals and fantastic experience with Steve. He has a huge variety of New Caldonia Geckos, not just Leachies, but a ton of Leachies.
  • 09-14-2018, 02:28 AM
    dakski
    Katie and I figured something out the other day.

Leachies talk! I found out they have vocal cords (apparently all Geckos do). The only time my Leopard Geckos every made a noise was Carra, when I was taming her, would let out a squeal/squawk that sounded horrible if she felt restrained.

Esmeralda clicks, squeaks, etc.

Anyone speak Leachianus?
  • 09-14-2018, 08:33 AM
    hilabeans
    She is beyond cool! What an awesome first reptile, you've made many of us swoon with jealousy. Congrats!!
  • 09-14-2018, 03:10 PM
    Ax01
    Quote:

Quote:

maybe it was $750?

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, I did not even realize that the container was marked as $75... I would have bought a half dozen. :P LOL

yes, that's what i thought. can't be $75 lol. even $750 is on the low end. congrats again on Ezzy! she is a big, impressive and wonderful 1st reptile!
  • 09-14-2018, 04:07 PM
    Bogertophis
    I too am on a "no more reptiles" thing but that doesn't keep me from being jealous! And I love geckos, especially tokays (& used to keep them, I had one
    that could be handled too, without biting); I love the way they stick to glass, and especially the way they feel like rubber, plus those cute little toes! OMG!
    I can't look any more, I want one...:bow: You're off to a great start, Katie.
  • 09-16-2018, 08:10 PM
    SunshineWalker
    So, I would say that Esmeralda and I are off to a pretty good start. She has eaten twice (though never when I am looking - which is fine). I am even getting used to her jumping off me, and onto the bed, or wherever I am sitting. I don't panic as much, and am starting to be able to tell when she is about to take a flying leap. She seems to like to hang on my back... which admittedly I am not the biggest fan of... because then I can't see her cute little face or feet!

I was a little nervous though, b/c after a week of being happy to come out and visit me... she turned into a crazy insane woman and tried to eat my hand. I understand that they can be cage aggressive, and I fear that the first week of "kind happy to see me" Ezzy lulled me into a false sense of security. I was not sure what to do. Dakski told me that this is not necessarily a bad thing as it can mean that she is really starting to feel "at home" in her new enclosure. I am less certain that this is the case.

Also, we cleaned out the enclosure today and rotated her logs... So we can disinfect all the poo-poo logs. Unfortunately, I did not wedge the log in their well enough, and it fell, or slide (not sure which). Luckily Ezzy did not appear to be under the log at the time of the incident and has appeared to suffer no ill consequences from the earthquake. We were also able to install a light in the enclosure, so I will now be able to see her more easily. And, she will be able to have a kind of more structured "Day and Night." As she lives in my office which is not exactly in the sunniest section of the home.

I have been reading up on leachies, and watching videos to learn more about the species. I still am rather feeling - less than confident on my skills at this point. Dakski has been taking the reigns on modifying the enclosure and otherwise making sure I don't screw up too much.
  • 09-16-2018, 08:46 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

...I have been reading up on leachies, and watching videos to learn more about the species. I still am rather feeling - less than
    confident on my skills at this point. Dakski has been taking the reigns on modifying the enclosure and otherwise making sure I don't screw up too much.

Well, between the 2 of you I have NO doubt she's in great hands. That is surprising though, that now that she has 'settled in' more she comes after you some?
    I hope she calms down, but I also expect that you'll get better at "reading" her too. Maybe she feels 'safer' on your back? But I wouldn't want her there either.
  • 09-16-2018, 09:29 PM
    SunshineWalker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Well, between the 2 of you I have NO doubt she's in great hands. That is surprising though, that now that she has 'settled in' more she comes after you some?
    I hope she calms down, but I also expect that you'll get better at "reading" her too. Maybe she feels 'safer' on your back? But I wouldn't want her there either.

Yes, she went from occasionally giving me a hiss, to actively trying to bite at me. :(
  • 09-16-2018, 09:47 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Yes, she went from occasionally giving me a hiss, to actively trying to bite at me. :(

Does she act the same way with either of you? (what a little tyrant, lol...)
  • 09-16-2018, 09:51 PM
    dakski
    Quote:

So, I would say that Esmeralda and I are off to a pretty good start. She has eaten twice (though never when I am looking - which is fine). I am even getting used to her jumping off me, and onto the bed, or wherever I am sitting. I don't panic as much, and am starting to be able to tell when she is about to take a flying leap. She seems to like to hang on my back... which admittedly I am not the biggest fan of... because then I can't see her cute little face or feet!

I was a little nervous though, b/c after a week of being happy to come out and visit me... she turned into a crazy insane woman and tried to eat my hand. I understand that they can be cage aggressive, and I fear that the first week of "kind happy to see me" Ezzy lulled me into a false sense of security. I was not sure what to do. Dakski told me that this is not necessarily a bad thing as it can mean that she is really starting to feel "at home" in her new enclosure. I am less certain that this is the case.

Also, we cleaned out the enclosure today and rotated her logs... So we can disinfect all the poo-poo logs. Unfortunately, I did not wedge the log in their well enough, and it fell, or slide (not sure which). Luckily Ezzy did not appear to be under the log at the time of the incident and has appeared to suffer no ill consequences from the earthquake. We were also able to install a light in the enclosure, so I will now be able to see her more easily. And, she will be able to have a kind of more structured "Day and Night." As she lives in my office which is not exactly in the sunniest section of the home.

I have been reading up on leachies, and watching videos to learn more about the species. I still am rather feeling - less than confident on my skills at this point. Dakski has been taking the reigns on modifying the enclosure and otherwise making sure I don't screw up too much.

Quote:

A few points of clarification, some cool pics, and solutions to the problem.

1. Esmeralda (Ezzy) is a total sweetheart once out of her enclosure. She has made zero attempts to hiss, angrily click, or bite anyone outside of her enclosure. She calms down the second either me, or Katie, pick her up.

2. The "attack/defense" happened late at night, about midnight. She was a) active, being nocturnal, and b) used to her enclosure and must have thought, "I must defend this house!"

Yes, she hissed and lunged at Katie, in the tank, on her branch, several times. She did the same to me. I, for the moment, took a small (6oz) plastic cup and covered her head with it. At first she was able to maneuver around it and go for my hand. By the third try, I had it down pretty good and kept it gently pressed against her head and scooped her out. The second I had her out and the cup came off she was a totally different Leachie. Calm, happy noises, happy crawls, etc. No issues whatsoever. Literally night and day.

A few things before I go on. Leachies are known, especially males, to be territorial/cage aggressive. If it feels like home, they will defend it! The good news with Ezzy is that she is a total sweetheart once out and about. Zero aggression/defensiveness. The same cannot be said for all Leachies, although many do calm down once out of their enclosure/home.

It was also the first time she came out at night, when she's active. I think this was a big part of it as well.

The solution:

I got a pair of Welder's Gloves from Home Depot. Problem solved. Scoop her up with wearing those and have zero fear. She can't bite through the gloves and cause harm to our hands, and it gives Katie a lot more confidence.

I saw a few youtube videos and they are standard accessories with Leachie breeders. They do not go in the Leachie enclosures without them on.

We have taken her out during the day since, and aside from a few hisses, no lunges or aggression. However, those gloves will be commonplace when removing Ezzy from now on.

I analogized it to Behira for Katie. The gloves are Katie's hook for Ezzy. My BCI Behira, would happily nail me half the time if I just reached in and tried to grab her. She would let go and apologize and let me pick her up, but I try to make a habit of being confused with dinner. Behira likes to bite first when thinking food and ask questions later. I hook trained her. It's been a non-issue since and she is a total puppy dog once out of her enclosure, or even after a couple of taps with the hook. I can pick her right up with hands/arms once she's snapped out of food mode.

Ezzy is the same way. She will protect her house first, and realize it's Momma or Dad later. So, take her out with the gloves on a go forward basis and all should be good in Ezzy & Katie Land.

Katie was afraid Ezzy didn't like her anymore. I told her it had nothing to do with that. Katie has done a great job giving her a happy home and she wants to protect it. I told her, you just need to get her out of protection/defense mode and she's fine. The night she lunged and I got her out with the cup on her head, I showed her to Katie and she was totally calm. She leapt from me to her Momma and was a happy camper. I was proud of Katie for being brave with her and not letting Ezzy's actions get the best of her or scare her off. I think Katie's realizing it's not personal at all, but just the way she can be sometimes. I plan on them having a long time together to bond over the years.

I took Ezzy out yesterday, after I grabbed the gloves, and Katie was out. I was hoping she would bite me (sort of) so I could tell Katie it didn't hurt, but she was chill. Below are pictures of me chilling with Ezzy and her with the welder's gloves.

Pictures of Ezzy:

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/7x2GJBz.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/CUmXno2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/thyPonl.jpg[/IMG]
  • 09-19-2018, 08:38 PM
    dakski
    Grandma (my mother) didn't just hang with the downstairs reptile crew today. Katie introduced her to Ezzy after dinner.

I'll let Katie/SunshineWalker write more if she wants, but Ezzy is doing great. Chill and calm out of the tank and frankly, very personable. My mother was impressed with her, and she's seen many reptiles over the years.

Pictures below:

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/IbACURH.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/n8eMBvP.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/KfdOshG.jpg[/IMG]
  • 09-21-2018, 09:46 PM
    dakski
    What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunshinewalker!!!!!!!!!!

Your little beauty Esmeralda was featured on Reptile Report 9-18-18!

http://thereptilereport.com/bayonnaise-leachie-beauty/

I can’t believe I missed it!
  • 09-21-2018, 10:11 PM
    tttaylorrr
    Quote:

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunshinewalker!!!!!!!!!!

Your little beauty Esmeralda was featured on Reptile Report 9-18-18!

http://thereptilereport.com/bayonnaise-leachie-beauty/

I can’t believe I missed it!

awe, congrats!!! ezzy definitely deserves it!
  • 09-21-2018, 10:48 PM
    dakski
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    awe, congrats!!! ezzy definitely deserves it!

Well, you know, Sunshinewalker really knows how to pick a winner!

The fact that we got engaged exactly one year ago today has nothing to do with me saying that......Not at all!

In all seriousness, Sunshinewalker rocks and Ezzy rocks and they are continuing to bond. I couldn't be happier.
  • 09-22-2018, 02:07 PM
    Bogertophis
    Congrats to Sunshinewalker & Ezzy! :gj:

That makes sense that leachies are cage-defensive....not so different from snakes, where not getting bit mostly depends on your approach to signal who &
    what you are ("not food" & "not predator"), & once out they are mostly chill too. What a fascinating pet!
  • 09-23-2018, 10:23 PM
    SunshineWalker
    Leaping Leachies!!
    So Ezzy continues to be a little enigma to me. The first feeding she gobbled all the food down. Then the subsequent ones she did not. So around feeding 4 I offered half of what I had been and she cleaned the cup. So I offered a second cup and she cleaned that out too. (I use the small deli cups to feed her). Last night, she barely ate again. So I am baffled. I am offering every 3 days. I also wonder if she could be picky about the consistency. I noted that last night the food was a little runnier. Can this be the case? I've been doing a 3:1 ratio, except for the feeding that she gobbled everything down when I think I messed up and did closer to 2:1... if that makes any sense.

At any rate... Baby Leachie has been moved in my room as I am in the process of re-working the room.

https://i.imgur.com/Q7rRE0b.jpg

This room was a guest room, but is now transistioning to an office/craft room/library.

In other big news... Esmeralda had a visitor this weekend... Phillydubs!

https://i.imgur.com/ezascw2.jpg

She is seeming to be 50/50 on trying to attack me when she is in the cage. Last night she was pretty chill... though the little booger got into so MUCH trouble. She tried to hide in the chair, and attempted leap from my arm to Phillydubs lap... She didn't quite make it, and I just about had a heart attack... Luckily she seems to be no worse for the wear.

I also think she might be going into shed. My book shows that they turn a little grayish... and Ezzy is starting to get some gray/dull areas on her nose...

Looking for any insights from Leachie friends! :D
  • 09-24-2018, 09:29 PM
    zina10
    Well, didn't you enter Reptile Ownership with a great, big Bang !!!

What a BEAUTIFUL and special animal you have there !!! Big congratulations. You will enjoy many years with your Esmeralda. I love the name, btw, it is oh so fitting !!

I'm looking forward to many, many more pictures and stories about your big Beauty! :)
  • 09-25-2018, 12:11 AM
    dakski
    SunshineWalker cleaned out Ezzy's tank today and replaced her cork bark, etc. So, I got some bonding time with Ezzy!

SunshineWalker thinks I hijack the thread, but I cannot help it. Ezzy rocks! Here are some pictures of us chilling!

SunshineWalker has more pictures she can post if she wants. I am only posting me bonding with Ezzy!

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/4lQuoQn.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/EU8fxWP.jpg[/IMG]
  • 09-25-2018, 12:16 AM
    Bogertophis
    If I was Sunshinewalker, I'd worry less about you hijacking the thread & more about you running away with my Ezzy! :rofl:
  • 09-25-2018, 01:25 AM
    dakski
    Quote:

If I was Sunshinewalker, I'd worry less about you hijacking the thread & more about you running away with my Ezzy! :rofl:

Me and Ezzy aren't going anywhere. I am happy to share Ezzy with the Love of my Life!

See, if I run off with Ezzy, and any other combination of animals, it means I leave SunshineWalker. That is never happening.

We will happily share her, like we do all the other dogs and reptiles, and live happily ever after, thank you very much!
  • 09-25-2018, 01:54 AM
    Bogertophis
    Oh you have to know I was kidding you...you two make a perfect team as far as I can tell. :date:
  • 09-26-2018, 09:33 PM
    dakski
    Video link of this, beautiful, fascinating, creature, and Ezzy!

:rofl:

https://streamable.com/imaep
  • 09-26-2018, 09:57 PM
    SunshineWalker
    Quote:

Awesome... glad I'm looking like a troll... ;) lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  • 09-26-2018, 09:58 PM
    dakski
    Quote:

You look beautiful as always! Ezzy looks awesome and it's cool we caught one of her clicks/croaks on video.
  • 09-28-2018, 06:33 PM
    zina10
    To adorable :gj: Love the sounds, haha :)
  • 09-28-2018, 06:45 PM
    tttaylorrr
    Quote:

Quote:

OMG i absolutely LOVED the video!!! Katie you look cozy and lovely. [emoji4]

Ezzy looks amazing, but y'all already know that 🤩
  • 09-28-2018, 06:52 PM
    Bogertophis
    Are they less cage defensive if you get them when they're much younger? (of course then I suppose they're faster & more hyper? probably can't win?)
  • 09-28-2018, 07:10 PM
    dakski
    Quote:

Are they less cage defensive if you get them when they're much younger? (of course then I suppose they're faster & more hyper? probably can't win?)

They can be jumpy as little ones, so I have heard. Steve at Leapin' Leachies was very helpful and will pick up his phone. His number is on his site.

The cage aggression is supposedly more common in males, but it depends on the individual and species. It generally happens as they get older.

For what's worth, Ezzy hasn't done that since. We still pick her up with glove to be safe.
  • 09-28-2018, 10:28 PM
    SunshineWalker
    I'm trying to see if I can get her to "talk" to me... we shall see.

From what I've read too, they just are gonna be cage defensive at times... but she is fun once she is out. I think it too me off guard at first!
  • 09-30-2018, 07:16 PM
    dakski
    I got some good pictures of Ezzy and Katie has given me permission (:)) to post them.

She's really turning out to be a wonderful Leachie. So calm (always out of the tank and most of the time in) and she's eating well. She was 185G when we got her and is now 200G.

Katie is doing a great job of caring for her first reptile, if I can say so myself.

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/dkYRghu.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/a4bZ7FG.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/KqZWPyx.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/oiVfwCb.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/d6ydUBo.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/KNpC8We.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/tW2hj3t.jpg[/IMG]
  • 09-30-2018, 07:59 PM
    zina10
    She is just so cool !!!

And Katie, you are doing great. You chose well and you are doing well ! You should be proud of yourself. :)
  • 09-30-2018, 08:40 PM
    SunshineWalker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    She is just so cool !!!

And Katie, you are doing great. You chose well and you are doing well ! You should be proud of yourself. :)

Thanks Zina!!! I trying really hard. :)

• 09-30-2018, 08:59 PM
    zina10
    Quote:

Thanks Zina!!! I trying really hard. :)

Just have fun with it ;) We've all started at some point and you are already way ahead. I LOVE her whitish eyes, that looks to cool.
    You really picked a good one !
  • 09-30-2018, 08:59 PM
    Jus1More
    OMG!! That is Katie's new screenname...It just dawned on me!!! (DUH...) I am so very jealous of your beautiful Leachie. They are so darn expensive and being that I am in Canada, the price is doubled! I am loving her colors and the name you gave her is beautiful as well.

I just picked up a beautiful orange bloch reticulated gargoyle gecko and named her Neela... They too are very awesome little creatures. Thank you for sharing Katie and please keep us updated on her progress :D